Made "The Lover", then "Spark" ( Now 6 more)

in Crafting

Posted by: Resk.6412

Resk.6412

If it makes you feel better, I had similar luck with the OP with the forge.

About a week or so before this thread was made, I had forged Legend, Dawn, Venom, Carcharias, Bard, Lover, and Chaos Gun (in truth, I was trying to make Spark for a friend). Used about 500g total with mostly just exotics (although Legend occurred with 3 random rares and a lvl47 rare spear o_O).

But with regards to RNG, it’s certainly not all encompassing. Great luck with the forge, but 1500 Dragon Coffers later and still not a single jade weapon ticket.

Lyanna Dufaux
Henge of Denravi
[CATZ]

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You can’t tell me that all accounts have 100% RNG integrity, when one person gets 7 precursors in just a few weeks. That would be like going to Vegas for a two week vacation and hitting the jackpot on progressive slots 7 times. I know random is random, but this doesn’t make sense.

Don’t get me wrong, congrats to zBluRrYz….you’re the luckiest GW2 player alive.

Not a great analogy there.

It’s like someone going to the slots and dropping $10,000 on the $5 slots.

The more money you invest the more opportunities to have rolls than the guy who only drops $100 on the $5 slots and expects to win.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

Hmm, the only obstacle in my way of getting the Legendary (Twilight) is the actual pre-cursor. Seeing all this makes me want to try my luck with that kitten toilet in Lions Arch as well.

On second thought, knowing my luck, I’ll end up broke and with nothing xD

Quoting myself because tonight I wanted to try my luck with the Mystic toilet. I decided to purchase 2 batches, of 100 greatswords each.
The first batch of 100 rewarded me with 5 exotics in total and the rest all rares. I then went to fetch my second batch of 100 from the TP and started again. After 28 greatsword thrown into the toilet the RNG Gods smiled upon me and rewarded me… Dawn.

This wasn’t the one I was going for so I’m kinda thinking what I want to do now! But hey! I got a precursor!

Didn’t highlight it but it’s in my inventory.
And for those that wanna know, I threw in the rest of the greatswords as well and got like 5 exotics but nothing special.

Cheers!

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

You can’t tell me that all accounts have 100% RNG integrity, when one person gets 7 precursors in just a few weeks. That would be like going to Vegas for a two week vacation and hitting the jackpot on progressive slots 7 times. I know random is random, but this doesn’t make sense.

Don’t get me wrong, congrats to zBluRrYz….you’re the luckiest GW2 player alive.

Not a great analogy there.

It’s like someone going to the slots and dropping $10,000 on the $5 slots.

The more money you invest the more opportunities to have rolls than the guy who only drops $100 on the $5 slots and expects to win.

this…

throw in 20 000 rares and you will get at least one.

@ rng: a friend of mine got his first jade ticket with the 7023 dragon chest. his nd witz 7033 and 3rd with ~7100. dat rng.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Who knew, apparently precursor are easy as kitten to get.

Secret society of rare items salesmen, I tell ya.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

1% of the level 80 exotic weapons that come out of the forge will be precursors.

This hasn’t been a secret in a long time. There are a lot of precursors being generated by the forge every day, it just takes a lot of food for them to come out.

in Crafting

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

This is one of those threads that gets more people pouring money into the forge and getting something out of it. Good job for putting some faith into the community

in Crafting

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

This is one of those threads that gets more people pouring money into the forge and getting something out of it. Good job for putting some faith into the community

you mean good job on making people maybe waste all their money on stupid luck and get nothing in return.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Is it me, or have prices on a lot of dropped rares gone up since this thread was made? For a while most of them aside from GS were hanging around 20-23s, now they are all 27s+ at min, lol. Except the ones that may create not so popular precursors/leggys. (like one hand mace)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Crafting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Is it me, or have prices on a lot of dropped rares gone up since this thread was made? For a while most of them aside from GS were hanging around 20-23s, now they are all 27s+ at min, lol. Except the ones that may create not so popular precursors/leggys. (like one hand mace)

Supply and demand. People read the thread, want to try their luck, buy a bunch of rares from the TP, other people see them at the forge, buy more rares, the cheap ones get sold and the price creeps up.

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

okay, OP, i gotta hand it to you. i went home, feeling “inspired”, purchased 12 exotic GS’s and threw ‘em in 4 at a time. why 12? i figured, third time’s the charm right?

first forge, Skybringer. sweet! i’ve always wanted this. sort of.

second forge, sth sth Pearl sth sth. aww.

third forge. dun dun dun dun.. DAWN.

:DD

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

Where does everyone get their money to be able to buy this amount of rares to forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm, mainly saved up from the past. farming. getting lucky. selling drops. dungeon runs with +gold %…

a lot of people like to run CoF nonstop. i used to farm Orr a lot before it was nerfed too.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

okay, OP, i gotta hand it to you. i went home, feeling “inspired”, purchased 12 exotic GS’s and threw ‘em in 4 at a time. why 12? i figured, third time’s the charm right?

first forge, Skybringer. sweet! i’ve always wanted this. sort of.

second forge, sth sth Pearl sth sth. aww.

third forge. dun dun dun dun.. DAWN.

:DD

12?! 12?!?!?!?!

I can’t tell you how many exotics I’ve lost to the forge trying for Dawn, and you try 3 times and get it? Congrats you horrible, smelly person!

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Crafting

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

“Precursor for achievement points… lol ruins the prestige. People just want easy legendaries. These posts are getting tiring.”

“Bought 9 rare Shortbows. First 4 i throw in. The Lover. Thank you Zomorros and the RNG gods.”

What you did is the definition of easy. Lucky also, but pathetically easy.

in Crafting

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

So why does everyone use rare’s to try for a precursor as opposed to Exotics? Are Exotics just way over priced on the TP so it is not feasible?

in Crafting

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

simple math, thats why.
exotics = more risk

in Crafting

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

simple math, thats why.
exotics = more risk

The math is not all that simple for me, that is why I asked.

From what I understand exotics turn into precursors at a 1% chance. What is the chance for rare’s?

Exotics must have a higher chance to turn, what is obvious to me is that the increased chance for a precursor does not compensate for the current price of exotics. I’m just not great at doing that kind of math to come to that conclusion mathmatically.

in Crafting

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

Thousands of hours and hundreds of gold into the forge and still no precursor. I read this thread and the very next day I get this from a trash mob in low level fractals. I just went there to get 18 more tokens to finish my backpack.

Attachments:

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

This is just troll topic for people get angry and frustrated. Don’t read it =)

in Crafting

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

Just got Dusk from the Forge again, after a long break from GW2.

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

Thousands of hours and hundreds of gold into the forge and still no precursor. I read this thread and the very next day I get this from a trash mob in low level fractals. I just went there to get 18 more tokens to finish my backpack.

Holy.

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate