Maintenance Oil Station

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

Evon Gnashblade now sells a recipe for 5g to make a Maintenance Oil Station.

I bought it out of curiosity, and WOW the ingredient cost for this are way higher than expected.

30 crystalline dust = 6g
5 elonian leather squares = 16g

It says the station is consumable, which I presume means it will disappear once you use it.

I think I would rather buy everyone around me master maintenance oils (they cost 12s a piece)

What a nice waste of 5g that was. I VOTED FOR YOU EVON WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT

Attachments:

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Finally a decent sink for Leather, Elonian Squares went up from 75s to 3g.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Leather has officially skyrocketed. Also Dulfy recommends the Gift of Blades by leatherworking (Elonian Squares)

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

I sold Elonian Leather for over 7g today. I really welcome the new mat sinks, Anet made a good job this patch.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: majessive.8910

majessive.8910

For the record:

I bought the recipe and crafted one Maintenance Oil Station – just to be sure.

Yes, they are one time use – just as food feasts are.
The buff you´ll get lasts for 90min tho. However, that does not make up for the ingredients needed to craft it.

Tydal – fighter of his own kind

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

So it’s a 90 minute Oil Buff that anyone can use once placed?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Well its not that bad for the price. Right now (its a rough estimation) it cost 22 Gold for 1 Maintenance Oil station (I don’t count the initial recipe cost).

Potent Master Maintenance Oil can be bought for about 15silver and give the bonus for 1h. For 22 Gold you can buy 15 Potent Master Oil. If you take into account the difference in time (90min over 60min), then the Station is equal to roughly 10 Potent Master Maintenance Oil. Usually food feast cost 10 food but double the time.

So you need to give the feast to 5 person or more to make the feast worth the money. For the Maintenance Oil Station its 10 persons right now so its less profitable that feast, but not so bad. Of course the price of Elonian Leather will drop in a couple days/weeks, i don’t know if the price will drop enough so the station get near the profitability of a food feast, but it will come close i’m sure.

The recipe should had been 15 Master Maintenance Oil, to ensure that it always have the same profitability, but its not that bad.

For 22g, you can buy 150 master maintenance oils, not 15.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Let’s not forget these things cost 2 obsidian shards thanks to the necessity of refining that Bloodstone Brick. Totally never making these, hah.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Ever though about it’s use in WvW?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Ever though about it’s use in WvW?

You can earn enough in WvW to make an unlimited supply of T7 mats?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

The whole point of this recipe in my opinion is to get you used to needing high end craftables for basic use consumables. This does not bode well for ascended cooking.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

The material needed to craft it are just way overboard, to an even greater extent with the str/cond variants. 1 t7 might be fine, but 5 of them? Aimed at zone blobs perhaps?
Not to mention making them 1,5 hour whereas food is 1 hour. Shady everyday market practices brought to my MMO bother me more than they should.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Well its not that bad for the price. Right now (its a rough estimation) it cost 22 Gold for 1 Maintenance Oil station (I don’t count the initial recipe cost).

Potent Master Maintenance Oil can be bought for about 15silver and give the bonus for 1h. For 22 Gold you can buy 15 Potent Master Oil. If you take into account the difference in time (90min over 60min), then the Station is equal to roughly 10 Potent Master Maintenance Oil. Usually food feast cost 10 food but double the time.

So you need to give the feast to 5 person or more to make the feast worth the money. For the Maintenance Oil Station its 10 persons right now so its less profitable that feast, but not so bad. Of course the price of Elonian Leather will drop in a couple days/weeks, i don’t know if the price will drop enough so the station get near the profitability of a food feast, but it will come close i’m sure.

The recipe should had been 15 Master Maintenance Oil, to ensure that it always have the same profitability, but its not that bad.

People like you provide me with gold. I appreciate that.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The amount of mats needed for these is ridiculous. Another one of those situations where I just wonder what the devs were thinking. Who thinks 5 refined ascended materials is a “reasonable” cost for a single consumable? Probably the same person who thought the new discovery recipe for the Halloween weapons was “reasonable”.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Mantis.6102

Mantis.6102

I just fell for the “Recipe:Sharpening Stone Station” gag myself. 5 deldrimor, bloddstone brick, and 30 crystaline dust. 40 GOLD to make one. What a ripoff.

[HoD]Accomplished Killer

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

Yeah, for the price this item should be permanent. Complete rip off in my opinion. Why craft this when you can salvage ectos for T6 dust & shove all the maintenance oil in your guild bank?

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I bought this recipe yesterday and was just about to craft when I discovered that it is a one shot item.

Forget that. The cost of the items to make this should tag it as permanent. Mentioned this in guild and no one believed me when I said it was a one shot item. Think I will stick to making loads of single use mainteance oils

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Most useless recipe ever. It should be permanent or at least give a whole 250x stack of uses for the current price.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Luculus.9860

Luculus.9860

I just noticed these guys too…

Wow, someone’s maths has gone mental at Anet :P

Here’s the base mats for the arty version:

30 Pile of Crystalline Dust
100 Pile of Bloodstone Dust
2 Obsidian Shard
60 Thermocatalytic Reagent
400 Soft Wood Log
150 Seasoned Wood Log
300 Hard Wood Log
5 Glob of Ectoplasm
750 Elder Wood Log

I’m sorry, but that’s just ridiculous. Way too expensive.

The only value to this item IMO is if you get a whole WvW map to use the station in the 5 mins before it runs out. Even then, it’s going to be one hell of a generous player who lays out that kind of investment for a relatively minor buff.

Luc Commodo [Lux] – Engineer, Guardian, Mesmer, Warrior & Necro
[EU] Gandara

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You cant put enough people on the WvW maps to make it a worthwhile investment. Maybe in PVE maps, but even then you wont get everyone to use it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

they probably forgot to add the “(makes 5)” thing.
so 40g = 5 stations = 8g/station.

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

they probably forgot to add the “(makes 5)” thing.
so 40g = 5 stations = 8g/station.

Or it was designed a while back and does not reflect today’s market values for the ingredients needed.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I opted to pass on buying the recipes when I found this out. I’ll use the 15 gold for something else. :P

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I’d like to know the thought process behind these stations…like honestly want a straightforward answer…..You’re basically crafting an ascended item (labeled masterwork but we’ll overlook that for now) that’s….wait for the punchline…

CONSUMABLE

Who thinks up these things!?!

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

Maintenance Oil Station

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Who thinks up these things!?!

Game developers who think their customers are stupid, and I’m not just talking about Anet here. I’ve seen this sort of thinking many times in the past.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.