Mats vs. Crafting.

Mats vs. Crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Kinda annoyed at the fact that the mats for crafting cost more than what you make. This destroys any incentive (for me at least) to bother picking up a craft. Why bother farming mats to make an insignia when you can just sell the mats and make more than what the insignia sells for? Will this be changed in the future? Or will there be recipes added that can actually provide something that can be sold for higher than for what the mats are worth? Right now I sit at 401 in Tailoring and I see absolutely no reason to push for anything higher. Ascended gear is just an ego boost since you can do everything in the game in exotic gear and even in rares. How can you turn a profit with crafting when what you make sells for less than the mats used to make it?

Mats vs. Crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The problem is that crafting itself has value in terms of leveling experience. So raw mats lose value as they are crafted into next level materials or finished goods. Also, everyone can easily master all crafts so there is no need to buy anything from anyone else, except raw materials.

Some ascended materials sell for more then their raw mats worth but they are all time gated. Still, you can build value over time that way, if you’re diligent about it and have level 500 crafting in at least artificing and leatherwork. Those two crafts are pretty much the cheapest to level to 500 and you can then craft all of the items that sell reasonably well.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Mats vs. Crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

There is already plenty of recipe that give you a profit, you just need to work to find them. Tips : a lot of them usually change as soon as you see them in a forum post

Of course the basic recipe that eveybody use to level up will make you lose gold. Think one sec man, thousands and thousands of ppl are making several times these recipes, higher offer than demand and the price drop.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Mats vs. Crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Kinda annoyed at the fact that the mats for crafting cost more than what you make. This destroys any incentive (for me at least) to bother picking up a craft. Why bother farming mats to make an insignia when you can just sell the mats and make more than what the insignia sells for? Will this be changed in the future? Or will there be recipes added that can actually provide something that can be sold for higher than for what the mats are worth? Right now I sit at 401 in Tailoring and I see absolutely no reason to push for anything higher. Ascended gear is just an ego boost since you can do everything in the game in exotic gear and even in rares. How can you turn a profit with crafting when what you make sells for less than the mats used to make it?

It is very unlikely that materials will cost less than what they make. Everything on the TP has its price based on supply and demand. Those materials used to craft have a high demand so will be priced accordingly. If there were recipes that produced a profit, this would quickly disappear as people rush to make a quick profit. Time-gating as preserved some profitable recipes. There are also profitable recipes although they’re not well known as it takes a bit of effort to find them.

So in short, it’s rare that you will find something that you can craft and sell in the TP where the ingredients can also be bought and sold on the TP.

Mats vs. Crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it’s back to farming and selling mats and hope for a good recipe drop and craft something to sell really quick before everyone else picks up on it.