Misinterpreted Acc bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Witham.5621

Witham.5621

Today was the day! I was going to start crafting my first ever set of (ascended) armor! After reaching 500 on armorsmith yesterday I was pretty much happy and in a rush to get started.

So over i run to the laurel vendor and start buying all 6 recipies, once i had chosen my stats i started clicking away, but after choosing my first piece to my shock and horror i realised i was on the wrong character, seeing the Account bound status underneath the recipies i thought they would become active on all chars. Sadly they didnt..now i have full asc recipies on a char that doesnt have 500 amorsmith and I dont not have the laurels or G to buy 6 more pieces again..

Is it worth it to get to 500 armorsmith with my other char. or should i just save up the laurels and G to get the recipies a second time? im guessing saving is the cheapest way.. oh well.. next month it is then..

Whith.

in Crafting

Posted by: SeasThyDay.7398

SeasThyDay.7398

My advice is to save up. You can make more than 100g in less than a month if you focus on it, rather than dailies. Buy some of the bolts from the tp when the prices drop, and combine that with the ones you craft yourself. That way you’d be on track to complete it before the month is done.

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The cost in laurels is the big limiter. I would level your accidental toon to 500 in armorsmith rather than try and re-accumulate the laurels already spent.

In a perfect month you’ll make 39 to 41 laurels (emphasis on PERFECT). That’s just too valuable a currency to spend again.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

quicker = get 500 armorsmith on character that spent the laurels
cheaper = collect more laurels and buy with correct character (assuming you don’t have anything else you need to spend laurels on)