Molten and Destroyer Cores

in Crafting

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

does anybody know where i can get my hands on or at least farm either of these cores? i need them to make my incinerator and i am NOT willing to buy them off the tp for obvious reasons. help is appreciated.

in Crafting

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/73735-endgame-lodestone-farming-guide/

Molten seem to drop of fire elementals in cursed shore + CoF chests. Don’t know if there’s a reliable farm for destroyer cores/lodestones atm.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Crafting

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

so not even mount maelstrom is reliable?

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Crucible of Eternity with the destroyers there is probably the most “reliable” source of destroyer lodestones.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Zeid Valentine.2603

Zeid Valentine.2603

Mount Maelstrom Destroyers drop Destroyers cores not Lodestones.

2 Destroyer cores + 1 Crystalline Dust + 1 Crystal + 1 Elonian Wine = 1 Lodestone.

I have to say though, the drop rate on the cores is very very very very veeeeery low…
on a typical 2-3hr run i get 1 sometimes 2 and i have over 150% Magic find gear+food.

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Crucible of Eternity with the destroyers there is probably the most “reliable” source of destroyer lodestones.

Its Sorrow’s Embrace not Crucible of Eternity. (But CoE has them Charged Cores/Lodestones)

You can try Heavy Mining Bags from Dredge Fractual.

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Molten Cores/Lodestones can be gotten from CoF chests and the fire embers from that zone. If you are lucky, Heavy Bags from the charrs will also have them but I’ve only gotten 1 from over 100 bags I’ve opened.

Destroyer Cores can be gotten from Mount Maelstrom Destroyers, the chests from SE dungeon from what I know. The best method would be to farm Heavy Mining bags from Dredge though. Either from the Dredge Fractal, or Frostgorge zone. They drop pretty easy, if not, you will get Large Mining Bags. I’ve opened over 250 and gotten 39 Cores and that is without farming the bags.

Edit. THe heavy Mining bags also drop another type of core, I forgot which one but I think its Onyx or Molten.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You do know that it’s more efficient to farm shelt/pen and use that money to buy cores?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: steelwind.1054

steelwind.1054

Word of warning upon farming 20 destroyer lodestone for my destroyer dagger, you will probably never see a lodestone drop in either fractles, miner bags, or Mount Maelestrom. Destroyer Lodestones are one of the only lodestones that rarely if ever drop in it’s native form but rather will need to be upgraded via 2x cores in the forge. This makes Destroyer Lodestones imho one of the most frustrating and difficult types to farm. So just know what you are in for if you decide to farm these.

I ended up just combining whatever I could, Destroyer Shards to cores and cores to lodestones. I hope that one day ANet will add Destroyer Lodestones to the loot table of level 75-80 mobs somewhere in the world instead of level 66 mobs (comes with a penalty) in Mount Maelstrom.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

As we most things, it’s probably better just to farm gold and then buy them off the TP. Molten are about 13s right now, with Destroyers at about 39s.

What are the obvious reasons that you’re not willing to buy them off the TP?

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: steelwind.1054

steelwind.1054

As we most things, it’s probably better just to farm gold and then buy them off the TP. Molten are about 13s right now, with Destroyers at about 39s.

Cheers.

Keep in mind that even buying them off the AH isn’t that cost effective because you need two and 25s per combine because you need to buy wine from the mystic forge merchant for every 2. So you are still spending at least 1.05g per combine. It is even less cost effective combining shards to cores because they still have the 25s requirement per combine.

in Crafting

Lankybrit.4598

Good point. I didn’t know the recipe for the Legendary.

You can just buy the Lodestones then.

Destroyer is 1g 35s and Molten is 75s.

Cheers.

Updated every Monday

in Crafting

Posted by: parissS.3427

parissS.3427

Cheers.

Keep in mind that even buying them off the AH isn’t that cost effective because you need two and 25s per combine because you need to buy wine from the mystic forge merchant for every 2. So you are still spending at least 1.05g per combine. It is even less cost effective combining shards to cores because they still have the 25s requirement per combine.

You don’t need to combine them for Incinerator. You need 100 Molten and 100 Destroyer.

Cheers.

He’s talking about converting Cores into Lodestones. Yes you need 100 molten lodestones and 100 destroyer lodestones.

in Crafting

Lankybrit.4598

Cheers.

You don’t need to combine them for Incinerator. You need 100 Molten and 100 Destroyer.

Cheers.

He’s talking about converting Cores into Lodestones. Yes you need 100 molten lodestones and 100 destroyer lodestones.

That’s why I deleted that post. After paying close attention to what’s needed on the wiki

Cheers.

Updated every Monday