Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Pushed 110 ectos into the toilet in batches of 10, with a yield of 20 clovers. This is a drop rate of 18.1%. Granted it’s a small sample size (11 tries), but at this rate I’ll need 423 ectos, 423 shards, 252 skill points, and 423 mystic coins.

Rather disappointed with the RNG this morning.

I’ve already resigned myself to buying the precursor — there’s no way I’m going to push a pile of exotics into that toilet. I’ll lose it mentally.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: OneMaxedKitten.8605

OneMaxedKitten.8605

I’ve being throwing Ectos down the drain for a while now, and even though it has taken me AGES to get 77 clovers, at least I now have a lot of T6 materials. I try to be optimistic about these kind of things.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Hey juno.1840 don’t be worried. I know that it takes time to build those resources, however please hear this one tip.

If you care more for your bank account than your fingers (ohh the clicking)
Resign yourself to using the single method

I did this after a couple fails at the 10x method. I personally find the single method much more enjoyable as you can see the clovers piling as opposed to the all or nothing method.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Alex.3274

Alex.3274

Use the 1 recipe, if you’d done that with the 1 recipe you’d have tried 110 times not 11. It’s RNG, the smaller the number of tries, the higher the volatility. The more times you do it, even with the same drop chance, the volatility is much much lower giving you more clovers. Seriously, do the mathematically sensible things, use the 1, not the 10, recipe.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

Yeah I read this somewhere and for some stupid reason chose to ignore it. I got myself confused on the skill-point math and thought it was fewer skill points to use crystals (5 for 3sp) instead of philosopher’s stones (10 for 1sp). I recalculated and it’s the same (60 stones = 6sp, 10 crystals = 6sp).

GAH this system makes me so mad.

I’m out of ectos now so I need to grind out yellows or gold to continue (which I knew I would have to since 110 ectos is not nearly enough, although I was hoping it would get me half way there).

I think it’ll be quicker to farm coin and then buy my remaining ectos. The pile of 110 that I had was from months of playing and use of Black Lion Salvage Kits. I refuse to buy anything else from the gem shop to make this happen.

My money is staying in my wallet.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It doesn’t matter which salvage kit you use. If you use BL kits on cheap rares, you are wasting them.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

The pile of 110 that I had was from months of playing and use of Black Lion Salvage Kits. I refuse to buy anything else from the gem shop to make this happen.

Yeah, I’m having this problem also. To make it worse, my wife has a stack of about 140 BL salvage kits she’s gotten from daily rewards. I know RNG is RNG, but she gets a stack every 1-2 weeks and I get them never. Not cool, RNG, not cool at all.

Good luck with your clovers, OP, and remember to use the 1x recipe from now on, I got mine with a pretty constant 30% chance using it.

Also, I would use master salvage kits on cheap rares, save BL kits for exotics with nice runes/sigils in them. Keep the ectos, sell the runes, buy more ectos with the profit.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

They should give you some advantage in the 10-per recipe — maybe a higher return on T6 materials for the failures to get clovers — or better yet eliminate the RNG so the result is deterministic.

The wiki says on average a clover requires 3 coins, 3 shards, 3 ectos, and 2 skill points. SO MAKE THE FORGE USE THAT MATERIAL COMBINATION FOR A CLOVER! How hard is that ANet?

Make some other RNG formula for T6 mats — or better yet, a non-RNG recipe for those as well.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

People never read forums / watch videos before they start crafting clovers but forums are the first place where they blame RNG. There was like 50 thread about clovers already and all had the conclusion that 10 clover recipe has way lower success rate than the 1 clover recipe. You may have luck and finish the whole thing in 10-15 tries but can have bad luck and finikitten in 40 tries.

I made my 77 clover in 201 tries with dropping in 1 at a time. I am only using the 10 clover recipe to get T6 materials and still get sometimes those kitten clovers.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’ve had a great success rate on 10-clover recipe. I’ve done over 200 combines and I’d say I have over 50% chance. Still though, small sample size.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Not sure what you’re complaining about… As said by Alex, they give you 2 options: one with a high uncertainty (this can swing both ways) and one with a low uncertainty. You deliberately chose the first one and now you’re kitten ed off that the second one isn’t completely deterministic…

Just saying the obvious here but you shouldn’t be mad at the options you’re given, you should be mad at the choice you made. But obviously, taking responsibility for your actions is harder than blaming it on someone else.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I bet you want the T6 more than the clovers Vol.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Huh? I feel bad for ya. Clovers were the much easiest part for me. Right now I’m getting TOO MANY clovers because I reuse the recipe for t6 mats.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

Not sure what you’re complaining about… As said by Alex, they give you 2 options: one with a high uncertainty (this can swing both ways) and one with a low uncertainty. You deliberately chose the first one and now you’re kitten ed off that the second one isn’t completely deterministic…

Just saying the obvious here but you shouldn’t be mad at the options you’re given, you should be mad at the choice you made. But obviously, taking responsibility for your actions is harder than blaming it on someone else.

Your response is a bit silly in some regards. I already called myself out as stupid for ignoring the previously provided advice of the 1-per recipe. Maybe you should take responsibility for your actions and learn to read rather than pass around meaningless blame.

That being said, it is very reasonable to question the options provided (all two of them). It’s a game and we are players in it. The boundaries are set by the developers with the only limitations being imagination and business case.

Complaining about RNG is old, worn-out, tiresome, etc — but perfectly reasonable. If the developers don’t change it, then expect ceaseless rants.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I bet you want the T6 more than the clovers Vol.

Funny, I did :P

I made the 77 clovers for my first legendary, then went for t6 and ended up with another 70 or so clovers. Then ended up getting my 2nd legendary.

I’m now on my 4th set of 77 clovers and just waiting for new legendaries to come out :P

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

371 globs for my 77 clovers, 10x til 70, 1x til 77 (35 tries @ 10x and 21 tries @ 1x), globs were 32s for the most of this, they are 18s now…

Farm Southsun, farm meta events, farm CoFP1 (3 runs a day).. globs are quickly becoming the easiest part of a Legendary.

I got 20 ectos in 2 hours farming Southsun last night with 420% MF.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

371 globs for my 77 clovers, 10x til 70, 1x til 77 (35 tries @ 10x and 21 tries @ 1x), globs were 32s for the most of this, they are 18s now…

Farm Southsun, farm meta events, farm CoFP1 (3 runs a day).. globs are quickly becoming the easiest part of a Legendary.

Your rate was 20.7% which is pretty close to the results from my small sample.

Thanks for the tips on ectos! I suspect the Southsun farm will go away after the living story evaporates. How exactly are you farming there? The group events?

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Your rate was 20.7% which is pretty close to the results from my small sample.

Thanks for the tips on ectos! I suspect the Southsun farm will go away after the living story evaporates. How exactly are you farming there? The group events?

Yeah, my rate was horrid. I had some guildies who did their 77 in under 200 ectos. Per the wiki, the 1x recipe is a LOCKED 33% chance of clover, while the 10x recipe is unknown.

Yeah, farm the 2 instigator events that pop. I’ve heard my server (Eredon Terrace) is the most active SSC area.. we regularly have a 50 man zerg running between the events, not to mention there are always guild banners and bonfires for boosts. Feel free to come over and if you see my commander tag “feed me change”, don’t forget I’m really hungry.

It will be available until June 17th I believe.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

RNG is RNG.

I got 80 clovers from like 20 attempts at the 10x recipe, might have been 18 or 19 though (~40-50%), as it was a while ago and I didn’t really commit this rate to memory.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

for my 2nd set of 77 clovers (makin 2nd Bolt), I used 483 obsidian shards x10 recipes

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

80 Clovers from 22 tries of the 10 recipe. And I was really happy with the amount of tier 6 mats I got from the 14 “misses” (including 10 Corrupted Lodestones).

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I’d gladly give you the 50 extra clovers I have… :/

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I had 23 Clovers, did 6 10 clover recipes yesterday, got 50 clovers. Did a 1 clover recipe, got a clover, then I just finished the next 10 clover recipe for my last 10. Spent ~260 ecto total for mine, and getting 61 clovers in a day is fine. The RNG in this game is annoying, though, because I’d never have that kind of luck with precursors lol

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

Pushed 22 ectos in using only the single recipe, got 5 clovers for 22.7% return.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I can’t wait to see the thread complaining they are using the 10 recipe to get T6 mats and all they get is clovers …

Oh wait ..

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nisaro.6438

Nisaro.6438

I keep reading about how much of a pain clovers are. I have to say, i used the 1 recipe until i got 7, then used the 10 recipe. I knew it was a risk, but i took it. It’s been a while so i dont exactly remember but i still got about a 33% chance. Tho it wouldnt have been worth it for t6 imo cuz if i recall i got quite a few leather and gossamer… and those feel like a total waste.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

I can’t wait to see the thread complaining they are using the 10 recipe to get T6 mats and all they get is clovers …

Oh wait ..

Exactly — you support the argument for deterministic recipes. Decouple T6 recipes from clovers. Make the clovers require 3 ecto, 3 coins, 3 shards, 3 crystals. make T6 require 1 ecto, 1 coin, 1 TBD, 1crystal/6stones. Boom done everyone is happy, the the cash sink is still inplace.

It’s rather odd to design a crafting system with no determinism.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

created 40 Clovers last night …. 5 times the 10 recipe got 40 clovers + ori ingots

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

I used the 10x recipe to get to 70 – only failed a few times. I had a lot more trouble using 1x to get the final 7 clovers – must have taken over 30 tries. I did get 5 destroyer lodestones but also alot of worthless mats like wood and leather.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

Oh wait ..

Heh, this is so true.

From crafting my first legendary I was really low on the T6 fine crafting mats, so I thought I’d use the 10-clover recipe to replenish my stock and I would stop when i had another set of 77 clovers. I ended up getting 77 clovers in just 228 ectos :P

I can’t complain though (I regard this post as informational) since I did get some decent amount of T6 mats. From the top of my head; 61 claws, 38 scales, 28 dust, 10 corrupted lodestones, 60-something orichalcum ingots and a few others that I can’t remember right now. The only “bad” drops I got was getting T6 leather once and T6 wood twice.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Oh wait ..

Heh, this is so true.

From crafting my first legendary I was really low on the T6 fine crafting mats, so I thought I’d use the 10-clover recipe to replenish my stock and I would stop when i had another set of 77 clovers. I ended up getting 77 clovers in just 228 ectos :P

I can’t complain though (I regard this post as informational) since I did get some decent amount of T6 mats. From the top of my head; 61 claws, 38 scales, 28 dust, 10 corrupted lodestones, 60-something orichalcum ingots and a few others that I can’t remember right now. The only “bad” drops I got was getting T6 leather once and T6 wood twice.

That’s my complaint right now…. Stupid clovers come up too often! Im trying to get fails yet I keep winning. I got 70 Clovers already in only 13 tries. -facepalms- Why couldnt my luck be horrible? LOL.

I was hoping for the clovers to come in slow so I can build up my t6 mats since i havent farmed for them at all since I got my first legendary and dont really plan to.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

Pushed another 100 ectos into the forge today with the single-clover recipe. The result was 27 clovers (27%).

So far I’m at a total of:

270 ectos, coins, shards —> 65 clovers

Return: 24.1 %

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

At 55 clovers, have 530 philosophers stones to get the last 22, have coins, ectos and waiting on temple to open, wish me luck lol

why can u even vendor the gifts for legendaries anyways…seems soooo stupid.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I’ve had much better luck with the single recipe rather than the 10.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I have to say, when I first read up a bit on the Clovers, I was prepared for a good reaming… and then I was rather underwhelmed. Two of the mats needed can be bought for karma and skill points, and one you get for free with your Daily. In the end it’s just an Ecto trade, and Ectos aren’t the most painful thing in the world to come by.

I really don’t think Clovers are all that bad but maybe it’s just me.

Mystic Clovers (18.2%)

in Crafting

juno.1840

I have to say, when I first read up a bit on the Clovers, I was prepared for a good reaming… and then I was rather underwhelmed. Two of the mats needed can be bought for karma and skill points, and one you get for free with your Daily. In the end it’s just an Ecto trade, and Ectos aren’t the most painful thing in the world to come by.

I really don’t think Clovers are all that bad but maybe it’s just me.

It’s not the materials really — it’s the fact that the experience can differ from player to player. That’s pretty bad when it comes to game design. One player can be very lucky and hit 40% (and use 192 ectos). Another player can be very unlucky and hit 20% (and use 385 ectos). That’s a rather extreme range but it’s possible. There shouldn’t be potential for such extreme disparity between players trying to do the same thing. That’s why RNG is bad design for crafting.

Anyway I finished my 77 clovers last night using a grand total of 292 ectos/shards/coins for a return of 26.4%. This was 59 ectos more than the “average” which is disappointing. I essentially had to pay 12g more for my 77 shards than the average player — for no reason other than RNG.

EDIT: This was also 59 extra skill points and 59 extra mystic coins. Now I need to grind out 59 more levels to “catch up” with the average player making clovers for their legendary. This is a problem because I’m shy the additional 200 needed for final gift. I’m sure they’ll come while grinding out the rest of my T6 mats…

(edited by juno.1840)