Mystic Forge + Magic Find?

in Crafting

Posted by: Traxous.2304

Traxous.2304

Would love a Dev response for this:D Does Magic Find affect what you get out of the Mystic Forge? Thanks in advance!

in Crafting

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

Would love a Dev response for this:D Does Magic Find affect what you get out of the Mystic Forge? Thanks in advance!

Good question. Would quite like to know also

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Butch El Magnifico.4720

Butch El Magnifico.4720

I think there’s a lot of people that would like to know. Bump!

in Crafting

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I can’t find the thread at the moment, but I’m almost positive Lindsey said it doesn’t.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Crafting

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

I would also like to see a definitive yes or no on this. I don’t mind giving them money (gems→boosters) but I do want to know if I’m throwing it away or not.

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Anything that got a slight chance of making you earn gold faster = no dev response.

They’ll basically affect their own income by answering any gold related question.
More gold for players = less gems purchases.

in Crafting

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

That’s not really true, Horheristo.

Players making gold faster only bothers ArenaNet if it’s gold that’s actually being created, and the biggest reason that’s a problem is that it can cause runaway inflation. It’s the gold faucets that ArenaNet keeps tight control over, and has every reason to keep secret – those gold faucets primarily being drops by mobs, whether via direct gold drops or via items that get vendored. That’s why there’s diminishing returns on farming, and ArenaNet gives very little detail about those diminishing returns.

It’s a very different situation if you’re making gold buying things from other players and/or selling things to other players. That’s a situation where, in an overall sense, you’re getting richer while other players are getting poorer, so it really doesn’t hurt gem purchases anyway.

In fact, buying and selling things on the TP destroys gold due to the 15% tax, while the Mystic Forge helps to remove excess items from the economy.

(edited by lackofcheese.5617)

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

That’s not entirely true, Horheristo.

Players making gold faster only bothers ArenaNet if it’s gold that’s actually being created, and the biggest reason that’s a problem is that it can cause runaway inflation. It’s the gold faucets that ArenaNet keeps tight control over, and has every reason to keep secret – those gold faucets being drops by mobs, whether via direct gold drops or via items that get vendored. That’s why there’s diminishing returns on farming, and ArenaNet gives very little detail about those diminishing returns.

It’s a very different situation if you’re making gold buying things from other players and/or selling things to other players. That’s a situation where, in an overall sense, you’re getting richer while other players are getting poorer, so it really doesn’t hurt gem purchases anyway.

In fact, buying and selling things on the TP destroys gold due to the 15% tax.

Giving ingame facts like what MF affects, can have a very large effect on the economy.
Correct me if I’m wrong.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

well i just used max magic find and thew in 150+ gold in mystic forge and didnt get a precursor. uploading video, its around 45min long

in Crafting

lackofcheese.5617

Giving ingame facts like what MF affects, can have a very large effect on the economy.
Correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes, ArenaNet giving away information definitely can have an effect on the economy, but it is a very different, and vastly smaller effect, than what you would see from people suddenly being able to farm twice as effectively as before.

As such, it is a very different situation to, for example, the DR code they have implemented for farming. The fact that the Mystic Forge is very different is why, for example, Linsey has come out and specifically said that there is no DR on the Mystic Forge.

(edited by lackofcheese.5617)

in Crafting

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

It has no effect.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Crafting

lackofcheese.5617

It has no effect.

Yeah, the evidence I’ve seen so far strongly suggests this, and I think that it should be good enough for most players. If there is an effect, it’s so small that it’s nearly impossible to detect and really doesn’t matter either way.

Now, granted, you could say that it’s possible that it has an effect and so you might as well wear MF gear – this kind of argument is very much like Pascal’s Wager.

Still, with that kind of argument, you’d have to consider the counter-argument that it’s also possible that ArenaNet decided to troll players and actually made MF hurt your chances at the Forge.

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

@ lackofcheese.5617

Try to think realistically for a moment, even -$1k is still -$1k income for the company in case they revealed any ingame economy affecting information.

As a developer, I’d let the community rot and figure out by themselves the % for anything in the game.
For example, if I’d be asked if the guild mining boost +10% is pure or 10% out of %1 to find an orb from an ori – I’d keep my mouth shut about it.

in Crafting

lackofcheese.5617

Try to think realistically for a moment, even -$1k is still -$1k income for the company in case they revealed any ingame economy affecting information.

I agreed that it would have an effect on the economy, but I didn’t say it was the type of effect that would lose ArenaNet money. Just because something affects the economy doesn’t mean that it loses ArenaNet money; for example, some effects on the economy can cause ArenaNet to make more money, not less.

If ArenaNet announced that Magic Find affects the Mystic Forge, it would have a negligible effect on the total amount of gold in the economy because the Mystic Forge doesn’t create or destroy gold. Every bit of gold that you earn from any combination of trading, crafting, and forging is gold that’s coming from other players, and so it’s not a serious concern for ArenaNet.

That’s why ArenaNet has to keep very quiet about DR on farming; it’s a very different situation to the effect of Magic Find on the Forge. Farming creates gold and items; the Mystic Forge mostly destroys items and has no effect on gold.

Now, ArenaNet may have other reasons to keep quiet about magic find – they may feel that the added secrecy lends an air of mystique that improves the game. The economic impact, on the other hand, is not much of a concern, especially considering that players already know enough information to suggest that Magic Find has pretty much no effect on the Forge. If ArenaNet came out and announced that it has no effect, that announcement really wouldn’t make much of a difference at all.

in Crafting

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

We’re drifting off topic here so let’s refocus: it’s a simple yes or no question. No one is asking for the detailed mechanics of magic find, and certainly no one is asking for anyone’s pet virtual economic theory. We only wish to know if MF has an effect on the other MF, which as I said is a yes or no question.

in Crafting

lackofcheese.5617

It was relevant to the discussion, because Horheristo was saying it would be strongly against ArenaNet’s best interests to reveal that information, and I disagreed.

In any case, the evidence collected by players to date strongly suggests that the Mystic Forge is not affected by Magic Find, and neither is salvaging or the opening of loot bags.

in Crafting

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Did we ever get an answer to this?

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Crafting

Posted by: laros.5038

laros.5038

Iam calling Fbi this game is heavilly corrupted!!!!

in Crafting

laros.5038

For real >>>>

in Crafting

laros.5038

complaint referral form

run cats run !!!! its over

in Crafting

laros.5038

chris ferekides u scott not now but if they discover your problem kitten !!!!

in Crafting

laros.5038

hate u !!!! serius u aree the worst biach ever

in Crafting

laros.5038

chris ferekides and scott arnold hacking wow and guild wars

in Crafting

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_find
you are welcome, and it was also in a dev post somewhere(where that info from the wiki is based off of) you have to dig for if you want to find it.
Edit: God i love wiki citation links
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Magic-Find-Chests/first#post598159
look for the post by izzy

(edited by Shuguard.7125)