Mystic Forge has DR too???

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So I decided to upgrade some T5 scales to T6 due to the enormous price difference. The upgrade recipe takes 50 T5 scales and give 5-12 T6 scales in return. However it appears there is a very steep DR on this just like everything else in the game. Here were the results of my conversions:

8, 11, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 6, 9, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 12, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.

Besides getting very lucky and getting 12 in there by some miracle, it seems the recipe drops off significantly after a while. I don’t know if there is a timer on when it resets or if the recipe is forever ruined for me now, but it was rather annoying to not be able to effectively convert a large number of mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I haven`t used the mystic forge at all yet. But just adding up real fast with a calculator, you used 1250 t5 scales and only got about 173 t6 scales in return. I`m going by each number as an attempt and handin of 50 scales to get the listed number you wrote. If that is true, that really don`t seem like a good way to get higher tier materials. Seems more like robbery. Thanks for the heads up though. At least now I know to never try that.

in Crafting

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

What the hell anet… Can we get a dev response on this?

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I’ve done it twice only and I always get 5 (I don’t count the orignal scale material, i mean it gives +5 scales)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dertz.5749

Dertz.5749

I was wondering the same about the mystic forge having DR. I’ve been making T6 mats using the same upgrade recipe, but I try and forge in groups of 5 meaning I’ll use 250 T5, 1 T6, 25 dust, and 25 stones each time I’m at the forge. Here are my results for the number of T6 mats I received over the span of a day and a half. 40, 45, 37, 35, 33, 38, 31, 30, 27. I had never received less than 6 the first 3 times, got numerous 8’s, 9’s, 10’s, etc, but the last 3 times I received 5 many times and never received higher than 7.

I’m 95% confident that if you use the same recipe more than 3 times in a row in a certain period of time, u’ll be affected by DR. I have not made anything for about 24 hours now so I’ll post again with an update after I make more tonight.

It makes sense if Anet did implement DR on the forge for the very reason that if you find a profitable forge recipe, with enough time and patience, a player could gain infinite gold repeating the process without ever leaving town. I just wish the DR didn’t kick in so soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

I noticed the same and stopped using mats now, also as you have noticed the blood transmutation trade isnt worth much anymore since bots have already overrun the market combined with all the people who have been doing this

same is happening with scales now

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I haven`t used the mystic forge at all yet. But just adding up real fast with a calculator, you used 1250 t5 scales and only got about 173 t6 scales in return. I`m going by each number as an attempt and handin of 50 scales to get the listed number you wrote. If that is true, that really don`t seem like a good way to get higher tier materials. Seems more like robbery. Thanks for the heads up though. At least now I know to never try that.

Except t5 is about 80c and t6 is about 11s (from what I read in a different post) which means he made 6gold-ish.

RIP in peace Robert

in Crafting

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

You also need 5 t6 dust per turn in. So how much is 125 t6 dust worth?

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I don’t think you understand the concept of RNG. I guess when you are having bad luck, why blame yourself when you can easily blame an unrelated mechanic.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I should add that each attempt in the mystic forge is independent of the previous attempt. So you can get 30 30 30 or 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 and the previous attempt will have no effect on the next attempt. So you essentially had bad luck, but instead of looking as such you are blaming an unrelated mechanic. That’s the way I see it (and i hope im right and its not a bug).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Do you have a source for that silvermember? You certainly could be correct, but diminishing returns could also be a deliberately programmed part of the system.

I haven’t done more than dabble in crafting/etc yet, but I was planning to spend some serious time on it in the next week or two so it would be nice to know if we have real info one way or the other.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court