Mystic Weapons are 50 SP?!

in Crafting

Posted by: Toxophile.6215

Toxophile.6215

This is just so kitten By the time I got any of my characters to 80, the most extra SP I had was 30ish. In the time it would have taken me to earn another 20 SP to buy a SINGLE Mystic exotic, I could have gotten enough rare’s to salvage for exto’s and made my own freaking weapon. So what, are there meant for some other purpose, like putting into the forge to try and get something else? Or just salvaging?

For them to be actually worth it, ANet would have to reduce the SP requirement to 10. Then it might actually be worth it to get ll the other mats together to make these items.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

…then don’t craft it.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Skins.

Why farm the 252k karma or the ~1200 dungeon tokens when you can buy the Exotic sets?

Bear in mind, the Eldritch Scroll is also used in weapons such as Mjolnir and Aether.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

I’ve played around 800 hours and I’m running around in mostly rare gear.
800 hours… that’s worked out to add up to quite a few skill points—around 300 spare now.

Could be time to just blow 20 on a mystic weapon…

in Crafting

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

lol …. 50 is nothing ..

The Bloodstone require 200 SP if you going for a legendary. I have one bloodstone in my bank and about 120 SP on my character. Doing daily task , map completion , cursed shore farming help to level fast and earn SP quick.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

50 SP is nothing. That’s something even a casual player can accomplish easy just playing the game.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I just crafted a mystic claymore for my guard because my main has so many skillpoints, i don’t even know how I got so many. Exp is very easy to come by at 80 and I ding so much across my 80’s that it’s not even noticable.

50skillpoints is nothing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I have bought Bloodstone shard, made mystic dagger and pistol and still almost 300SP.

Some people are just too lazy to put some effort. Oh and fresh 8o is not supposed to have tons of SP lying around anyway.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Dungeons…do dungeons, get about 1 SP per run

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Crafting

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I don’t know what you do with your SP’s, but I useally have ~100. Now I have 130 + an Eldrich Scroll in my bank…

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

139+ atm and already used over 70 on stuff

in Crafting

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Run WvWvW. Your server needs you and you amass EXP like crazy. Especially with EXP food buffs.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

1. Run COE 6 times
2. Buy red Mystic Weapon
3. ????
4. +4 SP PROFIT!!!

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglethorpe.5369

Oglethorpe.5369

I think you’re doing something wrong… I’ve made a bunch of mystic weapons in my time playing (Staff, GS, 2x Scepter, 2x Dagger, Shortbow, Spear, Speargun), and I have enough SP to make at least one more on almost every level 80 I have.

My Guardian was at 12 SP recently (after I spent 100 SP to make 2 Mystic Spikes for my Thief – for the skins only), and now he’s back up to 150+, from just running Fractals/Dungeons for a couple weeks. I also have all slot skills/elites unlocked on him, so it’s not like I didn’t spend them when I had them.

I guess it depends on your play schedule – if you play regularly at all (maybe 4-5 hours a night, 2-3 times a week), SP definitely aren’t a problem. That’s enough time to do a daily run of Fractals and some other dungeons before/after – probably ~5 SP a night.

Also, do you use food/consumables when you play? They give small boosts to EXP, but it still means you get more EXP, small or not. You might also have some boosters lying around from BL chests – depending on whether or not you want to save them for alts, it might be time to use them. There’s also an EXP Guild Banner, which any guild should be able to have ready for dungeon runs. WvW also gives a LOT of EXP.

Time Chamber to the [PAST], Fort Aspenwood
Tirian – Human Mesmer | Oglethorpe – Human Necromancer
Bigbeard the Grey – Norn Guardian | Emoury – Human Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Buy skill point books with fractal relics. 35 per skill point.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

Flashy skins are supposed to be prestige items. People get them to show off -you aren’t missing out on anything.

(I have two mystic spikes on my elementalist but I don’t have all my skills unlocked yet).

in Crafting

Posted by: dRiZzLe.2089

dRiZzLe.2089

It’s so funny because you took so much time to make this post and in the time you could have gained at least a few skill points….its literally that easy! Go do a dungeon or two or map completion or events and you will have more skill points than you know what to do with.

The amount of whining on this forum is unbelievable.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

in Crafting

Toxophile.6215

Hmm, didn’t know about the fractal thing, thanks. I don’t have a ‘main’, so all my SP are spread out, and it will only get worse as I work on more characters. All together I might have about a hundred, but you obviously can’t consolidate them on one toon… The costs is still pretty ridiculous for the time needed to earn 50SP, even using the fractal method. And again, there are T6 mats and the kitten scroll to consider. All that put together, 5 to 10 SP seems a better number.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Then don’t get that skin. There are vastly cheaper options.

Function first, Flair for finish.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i’ve sold over 20 mystic weapons and i only have 70 skill points discovered on map.
is so easy to get 15 lvl’s /day while pve /wvwvw.
i’ve even crafted the anomaly to sell it

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lulwat? You get an extra skillpoint for every level above 80 on all your characters. I got one with 350+ unused skillpoints , another with maybe 150, a guardian that I got up to 80 a couple of weeks ago and he has 80ish SP.

Skillpoints are stupid easy to get – you just play the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

on the other side :
you can make char lvl 70 from lvl 1 in lion arch in less then 5 hours with craft.
So i spend 30 gold to make char lvl 70 . go explore fireheart / frostgorge / stairs of devastation / malchor /cursed shore. I recover money i spent on craft from map completions and i got an char lvl 80 with 110 skill points.
i buy 11 eldricht scrols / spend 3.8-4 gold *11 = 45 gold to craft 11 mystic axe’s and i get 11 sigils of bloodlust 25 ecto’s from savage = 90 gold
gold profit and an char lvl 80 in less then 14 hours.Not bad ideea

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Crafting

Posted by: OdinBudd.5298

OdinBudd.5298

Why do posts like these… make me think of this…

in Crafting

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

This is just so kitten By the time I got any of my characters to 80, the most extra SP I had was 30ish. In the time it would have taken me to earn another 20 SP to buy a SINGLE Mystic exotic, I could have gotten enough rare’s to salvage for exto’s and made my own freaking weapon. So what, are there meant for some other purpose, like putting into the forge to try and get something else? Or just salvaging?

For them to be actually worth it, ANet would have to reduce the SP requirement to 10. Then it might actually be worth it to get ll the other mats together to make these items.

I had around 80ish SP when I hit 80… your doing it wrong.

And no where near 800 hours o.o

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I had over 300 on my ele main and now have about 45 left. I should have over 50 now again from crafting and farming.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglethorpe.5369

Oglethorpe.5369

The amount of whining on this forum is unbelievable.

It’s why the forums have such a bad reputation…

Time Chamber to the [PAST], Fort Aspenwood
Tirian – Human Mesmer | Oglethorpe – Human Necromancer
Bigbeard the Grey – Norn Guardian | Emoury – Human Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’ve bought a bloodstone shard and finished all my clovers as well as making a bunch of cores into lodestones. I still have at least 50 sp’s on all my 80s(4). My main has about 80 sp’s. Skillpoints are not hard to come by. Just go speed through a few maps, don’t even have to complete them, just run across small zones. Or heck, complete an orr map. Skillpoints GALORE.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If the OP is mad about 50 Skill Points, don’t tell him what Legendary weapons cost.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You’ll eventually get enough SP for whatever you need, just because you just made it to 80 doesn’t mean you can just magically get everything right then and there. You have to earn that stuff.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

The purpose of the Eldritch scroll is to put a gate on certain items that requires you to play the game. It can be a decent way to convert XP into gold.

I made my Volcanus about 2 weeks after my Juggernaut and in both cases, the last few skill points ended up being the bottle neck.

in Crafting

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

On my thief I got mystic shortbow, 2 mystic pistols, mystic sword, mystic dagger and im close to making a second dagger.

I don’t see the problem with these weapons, skillpoints are very easy to get at lv80.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Hi, I have an overwhelming sense of entitlement and don’t like lifting a finger to be on par with everyone else. * That * person has one, so why shouldn’t * I * ? The fact that * that * person worked for it is completely irrelevant in my eyes.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

OP I understand your concern but getting SPs is really easy. I was worried at first cause I wanted those 200SP for the Bloodstone Shard and needed more for Clovers, I thought I would be impossible! but after a while of playing I checked on my char (thinking I had like 100ish SP) and had over 250… they just accrues

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

100% orr maps = 50+ skillpoints easy

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

As a ranger it took me 5 months 12 hours a day to get 95 skillpoints

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

in Crafting

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

As a ranger it took me 5 months 12 hours a day to get 95 skillpoints

I highly doubt that. If that honestly is the case then I would suggest you get out of SPvP.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

The only way you’re not getting decent SP gain rates is if you’re doing all SPvP. Doing dungeon runs get me 1SP per path, not including the xp gained from killing the mobs themselves. I started playing casually back in November, I’ve spent nearly 100SP making both a Mystic Hornbow and getting crystals for my Legendary, and I already have over 200SP to buy my bloodstone. Mind, I’m talking about playing 2-3 hrs/day for about 4 days/week on avg (sometimes less).

(edited by Mazrim.2167)

in Crafting

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

uhhhh dungeons/WvW makes it SOOOOO easy to do this. I make an Anomaly like twice a month.

Gotta change your playstyle I guess.

in Crafting

Toxophile.6215

It’s probably more like I play too many characters. I have 4 80’s now, but only 1 in full exotic armor (rare weapons and jewels). I play a couple hours most nights, and an extra few on the weekend, but I am all over the place usually. The funny thing is, I consider myself to be casual, in that I don’t care about legendaries (but only because the process is, IMO, a damaging playstyle to encourage) and I’ve only ever run AC regularly. I have at least 1 craft at 400 on every toon, and one of them has all 8 at 400. I’ve never finished a storyline, leaving off at about 75%.

Basically, I am not hardcore at anything, and the 50 SP requirement seems pretty hardcore. You guys may not consider yourselves to be, but from my perspective, you are. And this means that the SP method isn’t a valid alternative to any of the other methods to get into exotics for people who aren’t hardcore about playing the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s probably more like I play too many characters. I have 4 80’s now, but only 1 in full exotic armor (rare weapons and jewels). I play a couple hours most nights, and an extra few on the weekend, but I am all over the place usually. The funny thing is, I consider myself to be casual, in that I don’t care about legendaries (but only because the process is, IMO, a damaging playstyle to encourage) and I’ve only ever run AC regularly. I have at least 1 craft at 400 on every toon, and one of them has all 8 at 400. I’ve never finished a storyline, leaving off at about 75%.

Basically, I am not hardcore at anything, and the 50 SP requirement seems pretty hardcore. You guys may not consider yourselves to be, but from my perspective, you are. And this means that the SP method isn’t a valid alternative to any of the other methods to get into exotics for people who aren’t hardcore about playing the game.

Even casuals can get tons of Skill Points over time. You’re making the mistake that there’s a time limit on getting all the good stuff you want. If you play the game how you want to play it, the SPs come quickly. Should you decide that you want all the good stuff right away, then you need to make the effort to play more. Simple as that.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I think when I crafted my claymore recently it cost approx 10g on the TP. I spent like 3g to craft it buying the ori pieces I needed, 5 of each I think. the coins were 8s apiece but I had about 200 of those already. Ultimately, if I wanted it I could have easily spent 10g on it but chose to go the cheaper route.

Like I said, skill points are so easy to obtain and I think the price is fine. If you want to craft these items for profit then I would like to suggest you choose a character and play him with the intent on making skillpoints. IE: dungeon runs, wvw and world events. No different than leveling crafting on say one toon in the hopes of using crafting for profit…you still have to farm mats or farm gold to buy mats. And guess what, you even earn XP for doing that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I spend a lot of time in WvW and get way more SP than gold or globs, so for me spending SP is cheaper than other ways to get exotic weapons (ironically, cheaper than badge weapons). I also thing that they have some f the best skins in the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Keras.2876

Keras.2876

You seem to forget all those SP that are scattered across the map. You need about half of them to get all your skills and the rest can be used however you want. Running through some maps and collecting 50 SP only takes a few hours. For Orr it would be recommended to either play a thief or have a second player with you pulling the mobs away.