Mystic clovers...

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

I also did the 10per method and ended up with 16 attempts to come out with 80.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

seems some people have better luck than I am. I just went through 220 Obsidian shards (temple opened up on my server I just had to jump on it), and only got 61 out of it. definitely not in the 30% range for me, sigh.

Doing much better than me just broke the 275 Obsidian shard mark, still at 58. Now back to grinding karma, try again in a month….maybe…….really stinks having one the the very low rng accounts.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Use the 1x recipe. Took me about 1 stack of ectos for 77.

171 obsidian shards gave me 77 clovers and my luck streak hit when i decided to do stacks of 10 (after doing 50 singles with bad luck)

As others said rng is rng

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

necroing a thread, but i am working on my second legendary. i did a full mystic clover run from 0-77 in 1 sitting and here are my results after using 10x to get 70, then 1x for the remaining 7.

it took 224 ‘attempts’

Attachments:

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

took me around 130 shards for the first legendary i made. (im always using 10x) and a bit more for the second, around ~150 for the second (i used a few x1 because i had 3 leftovers from my first one). Guess im lucky.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

50% hit rate use the 10 recipe to 70 and the single recipe to 77

Got on the good side of the curve this time

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

I currently have used 125 Ectos/Shards in search of Clovers I have used only single and have gotten 30 clovers. I dont Mind the RNG im planning on getting 144 clovers (2 gifts) So i plan on using about 400-600 ectos/shards.

But i am on pace to get my first 77 at 250 or so shards which is fine with me.

The limiting factor for me is Ectos and not Shards.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Tank The Lord.4790

Tank The Lord.4790

I finally got my 77 clovers (80 actually) it took me 40 tries of the 10x recipe (400 ectos, 400 shards, 400 coins, 400 crystals) so stop complaining about your “wahhh it took me a whole stack”

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Why in the world do people keep trying the 10x recipe?

Play safe, get yourself a stack of shards and get the 77 clovers with 33% odds.
Did it twice, it works.

1+1 = potato

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

kiba.2768

because more than half of the people posting here that used the 10x recipe had better than 33% odds.

play it safe or go big and win(or lose) big. it also reduced the chance or pain of carpal tunnel with less clicking and time wasted.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

because more than half of the people posting here that used the 10x recipe had better than 33% odds.

play it safe or go big and win(or lose) big. it also reduced the chance or pain of carpal tunnel with less clicking and time wasted.

If your carpal tunnel is that bad please step away from the computer.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

kiba.2768

’twas a joke, friend

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

it took me something around 150 shards to make 77 clovers. I mostly used the 10x recipe. I can call myself lucky I guess

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

The mystic clovers I just do over time.

I almost always have a dozen or so obsidian shards so whenever I get an ecto I try. No luck? Oh well. I don’t stress cuz I’m not trying to do it all at once.

You HAVE HAVE to be patient with these kinds of things. The 1 clover recipe has a pretty reliable 30% success rate and it’s the one i’ve been sticking with.

I’ve used about 60 or 70 globs and i’ve got 21 clovers so the proof is in the pudding, at least for me.

Over time, I’ll probably get the clovers around the same time I’m close to finishing gathering all the other materials and that’s the way it should be.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I currently have used 125 Ectos/Shards in search of Clovers I have used only single and have gotten 30 clovers. I dont Mind the RNG im planning on getting 144 clovers (2 gifts) So i plan on using about 400-600 ectos/shards.

But i am on pace to get my first 77 at 250 or so shards which is fine with me.

The limiting factor for me is Ectos and not Shards.

agreed. Ectos are way harder on the player financially.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

From 100 obsidians, using the 10 recipe, I have 30 mystic clovers. I also got back 20 crystals last night, which was a surprise as I haven’t read that this is a possible return from the mystic forge. But despite being advised to use the 10 recipe, the couple of times I did the Philo recipe seemed to be doing better for me.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

ive been doing the x1 recipe and after about 80 shards ive got 35 clovers. im doing my clovers first before i start collecting anything else

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Remember guys, you need 250 obsidian shards, in addition to the shards you spent for clover.

So overall you need at least roughly 350 shards.

The clover really isn’t something you need to worry about – lodes and precursor are important (but they should be left last)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I tried the individual recipe 20 times last night. I got 11 clovers from my first 13, and none from my last 7. Luck is interesting sometimes.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Yesterday I needed 11 more clovers to hit 77.

I bought 26 shards and thought I would try two runs with 10, then do singles.

First attempt at 10 gave me 20 additional shards!

I thought – great! I’ll just try the 10 batch 3 more times – I’m feeling lucky!

Big mistake – with that many extra, I should have done singles.

So out of 26+20 shards, I ended up with 3 clover.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I can’t imagine having 46 ectos sitting around.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Well, did tonight the 1x clovers for the 3rd time.

In all 3 77 clovers attempts I used the 1x recipe, all successfully crafted between 30% to 33%. (always left with 30 shards + -)
I just don’t do gambling, and now I got solid proof that 1x is kitten realiable.

231 clovers do not lie.

1+1 = potato

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I spent exactly 200 shards and got 80 mystic clovers. I did the 10xs recipe. I started off and the first 7 attempts didn’t yield any mystic clovers and I freaked out a little bit. But I kept going.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have my 77 now. I did mostly singles up to 67 then started using the x10 recipe. Took two tries. 23 armored scales, followed by 10 clovers.

I did two attempts at the x10 on my way up to 67, one gave me 25 venom sacs, then other gave me 10 destroyer lodestones.

Gonna be weird now that I’ll be just sitting on my ectos for a while (need 250 for the gift).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: lkhdemonslayer.2967

lkhdemonslayer.2967

200shards to get 10 clovers. using x10 recipe =S

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

202 tries using the 1x method to achieve 77 clovers.

Just for informational purposes.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I have another problem:

I have 77 Mystic clovers, but I have very few T6 materials. I was wondering if there might be another use for Clovers introduced to the game so that I can throw my remaining Obsidian shards into the forge without hoping that I don’t get more clovers?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

’twas a joke, friend

Was concerned for your well being. You shouldn’t toy with people like that.
@svarty, after i got the 77 clovers and 250 shards for mastery, i continued to make the 1x recipe whether i got clover or not i didn’t care, but it was a rather easy way to get about 1/2 the T6 mats needed and the occasional loadstone that i didn’t need further supported the T6 mat buying.
@Nike, yeah you can get good luck with the 10x, i hit pay dirt trying 3 times getting 10 clovers each.then i went back to 1x because I felt my luck had run out lmao.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

205 attempts at the x1 recipe resulted in 74 clovers. I’m all out of coins. Last 3 will have to wait a few weeks at the most I guess.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: OverYo.9743

OverYo.9743

after 290 atetempts i get 77 mystic clovers ^^ this is unlucky
sry missclick ^^

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I combined 35 times and got 11 clovers and a charged lodestone. I’m fairly pleased with the results.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

had streaks of around 20 trieds with no clovers using the 1x recipe, but overall i got 73 from roughly 230 tries. ran out of ectos >_<

Oceanic [LOD]

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

I did my first clover forges last night. 58 1-clover combines got me 21 clovers. Slightly above the curve, but I suspect it’ll even out eventually.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

around 18 tries and I have 81 clovers. I guess i got lucky

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

40 tries, 12 Clovers, 3 Destroyer Lodestones.

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: ChocolateEater.5837

ChocolateEater.5837

40 tries(*10) too, only 30 clovers, it’s so awesome
Each day, i like fail my mystic clovers for take care of my body

(edited by ChocolateEater.5837)

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: CriminalMind.4379

CriminalMind.4379

248 attempts to get all 77 Mystic Clovers.

10x recipe tried 5 times and 0 Mystic Clovers
1x recipe for the remaining tries and achieved 77 Mystic Clovers

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Hamhead.4293

Hamhead.4293

25x 10x attempts: 0 clover
10x 1x attempts: 1 clover

Mystic clovers...

in Crafting

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

Post your research, lets see how different the 10x and 1x recipies really are.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover/Drop_rate

The table isn’t so much concerned with number of output items as what the output of each item was.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ