Mystic clovers and crafting Legendary

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebastion.6917

Sebastion.6917

Q:

Question guys: have they changed the way to craft the mystic clovers for legendaries? I’ve made dozens of attempts to get them using the recipe for (coins, globs of ectoplasm,obsidian shards, and MF crystals), and have not even gotten one batch! I hear they used to be guaranteed, but now are random. But given the expense of the mats, you would think that I’d have gotten a drop of at least one in all those attempts. Have they changed it to get clovers in other ways? Frustrated because I’m almost to my Flameseeker except for these $%#! clovers and if it’s no longer possible to get my legendary, I’d like to stop driving myself crazy about it! Thanks…

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Umm, to my knowledge they’ve always been a ~30-33% chance for clovers, for both the 1 and 10 recipe. I tried for my clovers maybe 1-2 months ago and got 80 (using the 10 recipe only) and it only took ~15 (maybe 20) or so attempts, so I got pretty lucky for my clover drops. It will require more clicking but I suggest going for the 1 recipe, just so you loose less mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

I just finished crafting Meteorlogicus. Please use the 1 recipe, much better yields though it takes longer. I would use the 10 to stock up on the other mats you need for the Legendary recipe.

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I just finished crafting Meteorlogicus. Please use the 1 recipe, much better yields though it takes longer. I would use the 10 to stock up on the other mats you need for the Legendary recipe.

Yep, I needed clovers and a bunch of T6 mats, it just seemed the game wanted to give me my clovers a lot sooner than other mats. The variance on the 10 recipe is going to be a bit higher so its only good for people who were in my boat.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As far as I know the 1 and the 10 recipe have the same odds.

The difference is that with the 1 recipe, you make more attempts so the RNG evens out — you’ll have less chance of the RNG screwing you over. Conversely, you’ll have less chance of getting the clovers faster than the probabilities say you should.

in Crafting

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

You heard wrong, its not guaranteed. It has always been random.

That being said, I’ve only used the 1 clover recipe, took only 180+ tries on the legendary I’m working on now. But I’ve seen 250-300+ tries normally on my previous legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Clovers are the easiest part, took me 30+ tries with my legendaries using 10x recipe, I spend around 90g on ectos but get back 100-120g worth of t6 mats which I’m gonna use anyway. I’ve also used 1x recipe on my 1st, got 77 in 237 tries, but made nowhere near as much gold as I do with 10×.

in Crafting

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

They were never guaranteed. Took me about 150 tries for 77 clovers- maybe more

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I’ve had much better odds using the 10-recipe than the single recipe (I have made 385 clovers), although the sample size alone is not enough.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/