Named dagger recipes for Mystic Forge

in Crafting

Posted by: Ombr.9465

Ombr.9465

Hi,

I’ve seen a lot of greatswords, staffs and swords recipes on internet, but I’ve only saw two “named” daggers so far. What I wanted to know, and this question is asked directly to the developpers, is that did you implented as many recipes for daggers than for greatswords? Is it possible, let’s say, to have a “Volcanus dagger”? Or that skin is only reserved for greatswords?

I find this lacking of recipe quite disappointing, but then again it’s supposed to be discovered, so I’m not putting this on your back. I just want to know if there’s the same amount of Mystic Forge recipes for daggers that there’s for greatswords?

I’d really appreciate a response about that,

Thank you for reading this.

in Crafting

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

It’s not really that there are no recipes in the game… it’s that noone has worked on discovering dagger recipes because daggers are so small. :-( I don’t have the funds to test gifts with dagger parts, or I would have done so already.

The only dagger I’ve been able to find using dagger parts is the Mystic dagger, which is well known. And my research online only shows the 2 named daggers you already know about.

I also would like to know if anyone has figured out any other recipes… even if they only saw that it was a possibility and they don’t know what specifically the item is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stonehenge.7830

Stonehenge.7830

Most of the people finding recipes likely have their main on a class than can wield a GS. This makes those much more popular. Daggers also aren’t very big and the grind to get them is diminished because you may not be able to actually see the skin which is a big turnoff.

Try buying a 1 molten lodestone if you don’t already have one and throw that and an eldrich scroll, 1 mystic coin, and 1 orichalcum dagger blade in the mystic forge and see if there is a valid recipe. It will fill in the amount needed if all 4 materials match a recipe. I am willing to bet that is one with a flaming dagger skin like firebringer. Also would try a charged lodestone as well. The gifts are a bit harder to make for testing. Good luck.

Johanne Timber – [Heap] – Borlis Pass
Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

in Crafting

Posted by: Ombr.9465

Ombr.9465

Yeah, I think so too that most recipes have not been discovered yet, but I asked this question because if you consider the recipe for Volcanus, it doesn’t need an orichalcum GS blade. Actually, most of the skins that have particule effect don’t need one. And since there seems to be only GS that have been discovered .. I ask myself why!

in Crafting

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Currently there aren’t that many known out there. I am currently trying to find more. Message me in game and I may have a skin or two that you may like.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Crafting

Posted by: sausageninja.6592

sausageninja.6592

there is a “dagger of the mists” skin for sure,but i just cant figure out the last mat..
its a scroll,250 ectos and a bunch of coins probably

in Crafting

Posted by: fijea.3072

fijea.3072

there is a “dagger of the mists” skin for sure,but i just cant figure out the last mat..
its a scroll,250 ectos and a bunch of coins probably

Yeah it won’t work with orichalcum dagger parts..
And I’m not sure it will require a gift..
I hope there will be new mats along with the lost shore update for the dagger skin (like giant eye)..
Can’t we just ask the devs for the recipe? Haha..

in Crafting

Posted by: sausageninja.6592

sausageninja.6592

yep it doesnt go along with dagger parts,could be somthin else tho(hence the shield reqs giant eyes)wonder what it could be.. :o

in Crafting

Posted by: fijea.3072

fijea.3072

I’ve searched gw2db “of nullification” and couldn’t find the dagger, I thought all mists weapons are equipped with the same sigil, CMIIW.
Maybe there’s no recipe for the dagger, yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

http://www.alchemyincorporated.net/forum/m/4310404/viewthread/4547655-preview-those-named-exotic-weapons-in-game
pretty extensive list of mystic forge weapons
as for recipes….that’s another problem altogether
But there are more than just two or so daggers, is the point