Need Tips for Level 80 Gear

in Crafting

Posted by: Aquaic.9164

Aquaic.9164

Q:

I recently reached level 80 and I was wondering what would be the best choice for great armour in particular to use. I am pretty tight on money, should I take up armorsmithing for the best results? Purchase armour with karma? What would be the best choice and what kind of gear should I use until I can get that good gear?

in Crafting

Posted by: Absolution.2851

Absolution.2851

A:

Go to the Cursed Shore and speak with the Karma-Merchants there to temporarily upgrade your equipment. After you have sufficient gold reserves, then start looking in the Trading Post for alternatives (exotic and higher). If you haven’t gotten to your Armorsmithing to a useful level, and you’re already lv80, then sad to say it’ll probably cost you more money to level the craft itself than just buying the crafted armor in the TP.

Also, try to complete some of the higher level maps, more often than not, you’ll receive a few pieces of Exotic gear that you can either sell on the TP or use personally.

in Crafting

Posted by: grubnick.7849

grubnick.7849

You might want to check out the level 78 exotic pieces to upgrade your gear until you can afford the 80 exotic. I found they were cheaper than the level 80 rares with better stats – and almost as good as 80 exotic.

42k karma will buy an armor piece from vendors in Orr. If you have WvW valor tokens the cheapest pieces are about 262 each. It takes a lot of play to get enough for one item at those prices.

It is hard to say if levelling up armorsmithing will save you any money. It costs a lot to get to 400, and because so many players are crafting there is little profit to be found from selling of crafted items.

Earning top level gear in this game is not nearly as hard as many other mmos. Play to enjoy the game and eventually the gear will come.

Thief main plus a few alts – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Wishful.9516

Wishful.9516

You can also try doing some of the 70+ dungeons. You get tokens from the exploration mode which you can exchange for level 80 exotic gear at Lion’s Arch. It’s a great way to farm money as well. You’ll get items from the chest inside which you can sell to NPC and you’ll get some silver for completing the dungeon at the end. I’m using this method to source money for my crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Genoc.5473

Genoc.5473

My pick at after hitting 80 was to spend some gold on buying a set of magic find (explorer’s) rares from TP, and socket them with traveler’s and pirate (major ones, as I was poor, and they’re significantly cheaper than superiors), and bunch of masterwork explorer’s jewelry with opal gems. With the consumable omnom bars that boost magic and gold find for 30 minutes you can hit easily and rather cheaply above +100% magic find.

Now I’m using this setup to get the so called end game gear, while having a respectable magic find to make a ton of money while at it.