Never crafted before

Never crafted before

in Crafting

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

In every game I’ve played I’ve always ignored the crafting aspect of it. For some reason in this game I’ve been keeping my reagents instead of just selling them. Is crafting in this game something worth the investment for other than just for XP reasons? Like are the items from crafters something you’d continue to use even at 80? Or outside of getting to 80, there’s no real use for any of them?

Also, are there any benefits to the crafter, other than XP? Like unique things that only a crafter can make that are actually worth having?

Never crafted before

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

crafting is at this point mostly used to level alt characters. highest level items you can craft do not make a profit since in most cases materials is worth more than the items themselves. most of the items you can make with crafting can be bought cheaper on the trade post compared to crafting them yourself.

if you want a legendary weapon you will need 2 skills to max level in crafting. which one depends on the legendary.

Never crafted before

in Crafting

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

crafting is at this point mostly used to level alt characters. highest level items you can craft do not make a profit since in most cases materials is worth more than the items themselves. most of the items you can make with crafting can be bought cheaper on the trade post compared to crafting them yourself.

if you want a legendary weapon you will need 2 skills to max level in crafting. which one depends on the legendary.

What Black wolf says is mostly true. However most items are actually cheaper to craft than purchase from the TP by about 20%. If the sellers were making a constant loss then no body would list them/ make them. Its 20% because 15% is tax, 5% is roughly the profit margin for most items on the TP. That’s very low compared to most games and as such crafting is widely not used to make money – there are some niche’s but on the whole because of the global economy its not used for money making.

As Black wolf has said, outside legendaries and levelling, crafting in GW2 is not worth it. It’s a shame because GW2 has a lot of good things but they have failed on the crafting front.

Never crafted before

in Crafting

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I have some very basic crafting questions as well…if I may skew this post a little in favor of not cluttering the forums.

I notice that there are only about 8 basic combinations of gear-stats for crafting. Is this set in stone or is karma/dungeon farming the only other way to find gear with different combinations of stats?

Also, if the above is true, do the karma vendors/dungeon vendors offer accessories too, or is it just armor? I’d hate to assume some accessory stat combination was out there to compliment my build only to find out that specific combo is only offered for the armor.

For instance, I’m going to craft Knight’s armor for my character. My accessories I’d like to do a similar power/precision/toughness set-up, but use precision/vitality/healing jewels for the acc slots. <—do those jewels even exist?

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Never crafted before

in Crafting

Posted by: Dreadflame.6823

Dreadflame.6823

Just what i was looking for. This is my first mmo and i always heard from my gamer friends talking about WoW and other games of this genre. I was really interested in crafting…but i really have no idea if this is really important or how much time i should invest in this…maybe i should check the menus a little more.

Thing is….do i need to craft or buy at a store in order to get good equipment and items?

Thanks, glad to be part of this. Good hunting