New Legendaries

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

Any news on new legendaries? I don’t want my thief to have a fiery dagger, I want one that suits him more. So I’m sitting on gold and waiting for the new skins. They said something about this year. Are they gonna be released on the 31 of Decembre or what?…
No, seriously. I’m getting impatient. Every single legendary for the thief doesn’t suit him. They’re too kitten flashy! I want something darker, more subtle than a SB that shoots unicorns -.-

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

If you wanted to get something that’s more suited to the thief and you can run a sword/… build you could always get Lord Taeres’ Shadow which has that black smokey aura around it (if that’s what you go for).

In this game of skins, it’s all about personal tastes and a lot of people won’t go for current legendaries, but having said that, no one knows what kind of skins are going to be up for grabs when the new ones are available.

clink

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I wouldn’t hold my breath for new legendaries this year. maybe more towards the end of next year. Anet mentioned something about new legendaries by end of this year but in such a short time, do you really think they will have it done? I expect them to first add new weapon sets to classes, then the legendary trinkets like they said, then ascended armor, then the new race, then maybe new legendaries. That way it gives them time to milk the current legendaries for all they are worth before introducing new ones to buy them time again for maybe something like legendary armor.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

I wouldn’t hold my breath for new legendaries this year. maybe more towards the end of next year. Anet mentioned something about new legendaries by end of this year but in such a short time, do you really think they will have it done? I expect them to first add new weapon sets to classes, then the legendary trinkets like they said, then ascended armor, then the new race, then maybe new legendaries. That way it gives them time to milk the current legendaries for all they are worth before introducing new ones to buy them time again for maybe something like legendary armor.

You do realize, pretty much everything you listed aside from legendary trinkets would require more work than adding new legendary skins, right?

You also failed to remember what Anet has been saying since day when. They have TONS of different teams working on different projects all the time, I don’t know why so many people think every Anet employee is only always working on one project at a time.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

You do realize, pretty much everything you listed aside from legendary trinkets would require more work than adding new legendary skins, right?

You also failed to remember what Anet has been saying since day when. They have TONS of different teams working on different projects all the time, I don’t know why so many people think every Anet employee is only always working on one project at a time.

Aye, They’ve announced numerous times they’ve planned ahead up to two years so far. HOWEVER a project can be added and put on rush (So maybe a team works on it for a month, Then refines it for half a month) or moved up depending on the amount of player demand.

Isle Of Janthir

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

They said something about a legendary scavenger hunt about 8 months ago. So you’re looking at minimum 8 months…. and the scavenger hunt doesn’t seem to be close, so… even more.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’ve seen ANet at their finest -ahem- getting people all excited and expectant over stuff that’s nothing more than menial… the first instalments of the Living Story were testament to that. New legendary skins have been on the table for a while, but the longer they take to implement them, the more I smell pie-crusts.

So with that in mind, and coining the phrase “once bitten, twice shy”, I take whatever ANet dev’s say at face value only. Until their promises come to fruition and they eventually make good on the hype, they are but words.

From this it’s a good idea to curb your expectations, no matter what it is you seek in the game.

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO the first legendaries they should make another of are the joke ones. Dreamer, Quip, and Moot. I’m not saying they aren’t any good… but not everyone want to spend that much gold on a joke.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Valefor.3246

Valefor.3246

Not sure why you guys are doubting the new legendaries will be out this year… the looking ahead in 2013 blog has been very accurate so far.

- Bi-weekly releases
- Champion boxes
- Dungeon completion changes
- Ascended crafting mats
- Account magic find
- Crafting to 500 (partly)

The only things left in that article not already added are

- Crafting precursors
- New legendaries
- Skill/Trait progression (which is coming on October 15)

2 things left to add (3 including Ascended Armor) and still 4 patches left (2 in November, 2 in December). All this doubt is totally unfounded.

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

Not sure why you guys are doubting the new legendaries will be out this year… the looking ahead in 2013 blog has been very accurate so far.

- Bi-weekly releases
- Champion boxes
- Dungeon completion changes
- Ascended crafting mats
- Account magic find
- Crafting to 500 (partly)

The only things left in that article not already added are

- Crafting precursors
- New legendaries
- Skill/Trait progression (which is coming on October 15)

2 things left to add (3 including Ascended Armor) and still 4 patches left (2 in November, 2 in December). All this doubt is totally unfounded.

You forgot some:
-2 new fractals
-ascended armor crafting
-spvp reward system

And there is a patch every 2 weeks

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Valefor.3246

Valefor.3246

Well I did include Ascended Armor, forgot about the spvp rewards and fractals however, where did you get 2 new fractals from? I know there was one of each council candidate but anet specifically said only the winners fractal will be made, where is the 2nd one your talking about?

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

They mentioned it to make a flame&frost fractal and a aetherblade fractal to.
But yeah, perhaps that will take longer

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

They also need fire elemental fractal…

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Not sure why you guys are doubting the new legendaries will be out this year…

Legendaries have never been high on the priority list. ANet will tell you they want to cater to a majority of the player base, and those wielding legendaries shouldn’t be in that group. But sadly, because these (and precursors) can be bought with either real money or in game cash, a lot more of the player base has these than what they realise.

They found time earlier in the year to ‘polish’ existing legendaries, but why they did this instead of working on getting precursors crafted sooner doesn’t make a lot of sense. We’ve been screaming for these for going on a year now and the longer we maintain the voice, the more they keep putting it off. Like I said earlier, what they say and what they do are two very different things.

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

fractals will be in Nov, which is when I expect we’ll see armor as well. Perhaps Dec.

I am not sure we’ll see new legendaries though.

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Watchatawkinabout? The Unicorner is awesome!

:D

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

New Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

We are getting new legendaries but they are going to occupy a trinket slot, as per the interview with Colin at PAX