New bug with Mystic Forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

Based on my understanding of the Mystic Forge (and the wiki), dumping 4 items into it will generate a new random item with the same rarity (or better, ~20% chance). If four items of the same type are put in, you are guaranteed an item of that type. Resulting item will be about 5-12 levels higher then what you put in.

I did not see any mention of items being dropped down a tier in rarity.
Of 12 mystic forge attempts with 4 masterwork swords of rarity 75 or higher, I got 5 masterwork swords back, and 7 fine swords back.

I put 4 fine swords back in, got another fine sword. The last 4 fine swords I had granted me a masterwork item.

Has this how the mystic forge has always worked? Did something get bugged in the latest update?
Mystic forge is enough of a dump giving 1 item in return for taking 4 without lowing the rarity over half the time. I’ve not had much experience with Mystic Forge before, but from what I’ve read, I wasn’t expecting drops in rarity.

TL;DR – items are mostly dropping a tier in rarity instead of increasing or staying the same.

in Crafting

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

The rarity of the item you get back from the mystic forge can drop in rarity. For me, it’s been pretty rare when I’m forging rares, but when the drop in rarity seems to come in streaks for me. If I get a drop in rarity once, I more often than not get a drop in rarity again. You can get blues from putting rares in the mystic forge, and if Zomorros is in a really trolling mood, you can even get nothing… While your streak is particularly bad, it is statistically possible.

in Crafting

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Pretty sure it’s a bug. In zillions of combines, I have literally never dropped down in rarity, and I only had it eat my items and give me nothing back once.

I highly doubt a drop in rarity is working as intended.

in Crafting

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

I never had the issue until i tried doing exactly what you did. I bought a bunch of lvl 75 masterwork swords and every single combine gave me a blue back. They were all the exact same lvl and type of sword and I still got random items like armor from it, all blue.

I then re-combined the items i got back and some were still blue but a few upgraded to green. This happened before any of the recent patches so I think its an older bug.
Haven’t put any masterwork swords in since then and I’ve yet to have the forge downgrade items since.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I guess devs had a typoe " we increased loot chance to get a precursors" with " we lowered the possibilities to get one and made the forge works worst too" XD

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: thetreebranch.4831

thetreebranch.4831

Pretty sure it’s a bug. In zillions of combines, I have literally never dropped down in rarity, and I only had it eat my items and give me nothing back once.

I highly doubt a drop in rarity is working as intended.

Good to see you post in here. It was your posts in another thread that led me to try the Mystic Forge to try and make some money (after reading as much as I could about it to try and learn how it works).

Unfortunately, left the Mystic Forge disappointed. Would have been fine if I made 0 money due to more combines resulting in greens than rares. Dropping in rarity though was a bit over the top.

Based on your experience (you can pm if you want), since you’ve combined so often, do you think its just with the particular items I was trying to combine (masterwork green swords level 75+?). Is it due to the item rarity? The type (weapon-sword?). A combination of the two? Any insight would be appreciated from someone who has used the mystic forge frequently.

in Crafting

majorkong.9073

I have never put specifically level 75+ green swords in the forge. My guess is you found a bug in the loot table for the MF. I would stop trying that combine if I were you. It doesn’t seem to work.

(And honestly, if your purpose is to make money with the MF, you were barking up the wrong tree anyway with those 75+ green swords.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

This happens, but as far as I can tell it is only with swords. My friends found similar results using masterwork swords bought for karma.

Swords seem to be able to be devalued into blues, rather than becoming rares.

My advice for now is to stick to other weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

As majorkong says, it sounds like you found a glitch in the loot tables. As this forum moves quite quickly, you should submit an in-game bug report.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Crafting

Posted by: kaazdinasty.8120

kaazdinasty.8120

if you bought the swords with karma thats your problem the ingame currency karma and all things you buy with it are worth less in comparison than those bought with gold ( the MF also uses comparisons with ingame currency ) drops in rarity are to compensade that.

assassin for Valar Morghulis
thief 80/ranger 80. stealthless by default
mexican gunslinger

(edited by kaazdinasty.8120)

in Crafting

Posted by: Halo.1679

Halo.1679

The swords I used were bought off the TP. Just tried it with 4 level 80 green swords bought from the TP and got the same results.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

Wow just another reason to stay away from the MF unless you are crafting a guaranteed recipe.

in Crafting

majorkong.9073

Wow just another reason to stay away from the MF unless you are crafting a guaranteed recipe.

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Again I’ve done I don’t know how many tens of thousands of combines and this has never once happened to me.

It’s one bugged recipe. Just don’t put green swords in it and you’ll be fine.

in Crafting

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

Throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Again I’ve done I don’t know how many tens of thousands of combines and this has never once happened to me.

The items that you are mystic forging might be fine, but it’s not just one bugged recipe. Having done hundreds of rare combines under level 70, have resulted in numerous drops in rarity down to greens and blues for me. I still make a profit over the combines, but the drops in rarity with those items is something that I have to take into account.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

i just spent 1 gold on 100 rare gs, got lots of green and blue and 2 rare who i salvaged and get 6 ectos and made 1.5g so little profit hahahaha

in Crafting

majorkong.9073

The items that you are mystic forging might be fine, but it’s not just one bugged recipe. Having done hundreds of rare combines under level 70, have resulted in numerous drops in rarity down to greens and blues for me. I still make a profit over the combines, but the drops in rarity with those items is something that I have to take into account.

Huh. I’m surprised I’ve never run into this then, since I’ve done my share of this type of combine also.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tyr.2489

Tyr.2489

Lol, had a good chuckle at this. I suppose I am. Personally I just don’t feel it worth using the MF for the things I would want and little bugs like this don’t entice me to change my mind. That’s all I was getting at