New way of earning cores/lodestones

in Crafting

Posted by: Flippetized.2657

Flippetized.2657

So… Why not make dungeon tokens be able to buy cores/lodestone from the dungeon vendors in LA? Maybe something like CoE tokens be able to buy charged, or CoF tokens be able to buy molten… ANet can then determine how much tokens are appropriate for a core/lodestone. This will give us players a sure way of getting them without having to suffer on not knowing if we will get a drop from monster/chests because of RNG.

I would rather work on something I know I will eventually get rewarded for, rather than something I MIGHT get rewarded for.

in Crafting

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

+1000…I honestly don’t know why this isn’t in the game. Someone will whine about making legendaries less “legendary” which is plain bs.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Crafting

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

150 for a core, 300 for a lodestone. I’d do it.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Which is pretty much a sure sign that your coversion rate is low.

Try 250 for a core, and no option for a lode (go promote some cores at your own expense basically). Still so eager? Because you’d still be getting them faster than farming them in many cases.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

The problem with introducing new methods of obtaining stiff is that already present content will get ignored. If you would make them buyable every single player will farm coe speed clears. You just substituted a problem with a new problem.

I don’t think they will do that. Running all 3 paths of CoE almost always (and on average surely does) grant you at least 1 core, which is already a possibility to farm. In addition you get at least 1,5g which makes another core.

I know i don’t like these random chances either but it is just fair and provides a stability to the game. Everything else would just make things messy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

At first I also thought this was a great idea, but think about it…

The price of Molten Lodes would plummit even deeper into the abyss, into the absolute wothlessness. The price of Charged Lodes would also drop, but not as much since CoE doesn’t have the same amount of farming capabilities. The more tokens you made them cost, the wider the gap between slow and fast dungeons would be. This would make certain legendaries so much easier to get, while only slightly helping the others. Which makes this unfair. Even more so than the current situation.

They are supposed to be rare crafting materials, not everyday bread and milk that you buy from the local market.

(edited by Sebulon.7683)

in Crafting

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

Which is pretty much a sure sign that your coversion rate is low.

Try 250 for a core, and no option for a lode (go promote some cores at your own expense basically). Still so eager? Because you’d still be getting them faster than farming them in many cases.

IMO, you should be able to get one lodestone per day. With the DR, around 200 tokens would be nice !

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

The price of Molten Lodes would plummit even deeper into the abyss, into the absolute wothlessness. The price of Charged Lodes would also drop, but not as much since CoE doesn’t have the same amount of farming capabilities. The more tokens you made them cost, the wider the gap between slow and fast dungeons would be. This would make certain legendaries so much easier to get, while only slightly helping the others. Which makes this unfair. Even more so than the current situation.

They are supposed to be rare crafting materials, not everyday bread and milk that you buy from the local market.

Depends on the cost – as things stand, molten lodestones have a sell price of 64s.
Given that you can convert tokens to ecto, with an approximate average of 30 tokens per ecto, to make a price change, it would require a cost of just 90 tokens per lodestone to be financially viable. Realistically, the cost would be more than that.
Additionally, CoF’s problem is that everyone repeats path 1 over and over. With a token requirement, there would be some incentive to do all paths rather than whichever is easiest.

As things stand, certain legendaries are already so much easier to get, due to the imbalance in lodestone cost – any that don’t require Charged are much easier than those that do. On top of that, certain unique exotics, especially Mjolnir, have an exceptionally high cost.
In my opinion, this could certainly help stabilize the lodestone market, provided that the cost was right, and there being no exploits in certain dungeons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Depends on the cost – as things stand, molten lodestones have a sell price of 64s.
Given that you can convert tokens to ecto, with an approximate average of 30 tokens per ecto, to make a price change, it would require a cost of just 90 tokens per lodestone to be financially viable. Realistically, the cost would be more than that.
Additionally, CoF’s problem is that everyone repeats path 1 over and over. With a token requirement, there would be some incentive to do all paths rather than whichever is easiest.

As things stand, certain legendaries are already so much easier to get, due to the imbalance in lodestone cost – any that don’t require Charged are much easier than those that do. On top of that, certain unique exotics, especially Mjolnir, have an exceptionally high cost.
In my opinion, this could certainly help stabilize the lodestone market, provided that the cost was right, and there being no exploits in certain dungeons.

I agree, if they balanced the dungeons properly, there would be no imbalances. But I still think that lodestones shouldn’t be a market item.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

Something I just thought that I figure would be a good point to make:

There are people here saying that if they did this then OMG PEOPLE WOULD ONLY FARM INSTANCES AND NO ONE WOULD BUY. This is completely wrong; I mean, look at Berserker gear and how much it sells for. I got a few zerker GS from the forge the other day and they sold in minutes, whereas I didn’t pay a dime for my Berserker gear because I farmed it in CoF/CoE and made money in the process. Some people will always take the easy way out and buy it, some people will farm it as much as they can. Besides, if it’s priced accordingly (a full stack for a core, as someone said in reply to my earlier post, sounds fair) you help dip the market a tiny bit by not SIGNIFICANTLY increasing supply, but just enough to make lodestones manageable.

That aside, TA first boss and CoF farm runs would still be more effective for their respective lodestones just because your return would be that much greater for the token price. People might run the other paths once again for an additional lodestone every couple days…which doesn’t seem like a huge dip to me.

Overall, I think it’s a good idea but I also don’t think it’s one Anet would rush to implement.

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I think this is a great idea. Then you’d see more people doing dungeons maybe, and more ads on GW2LFG. It’s kind of a bummer to see such few ads for dungeons like HotW and SE.

At the same time, it could breed speed runners, and the “ping or gtfo” for lodestone farming – that stuff doesn’t bother me personally, but I know people are extremely sensitive to seeing those ads and it hurts their feelings.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

in Crafting

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

The problem with introducing new methods of obtaining stiff is that already present content will get ignored. If you would make them buyable every single player will farm coe speed clears. You just substituted a problem with a new problem.

I don’t think they will do that. Running all 3 paths of CoE almost always (and on average surely does) grant you at least 1 core, which is already a possibility to farm. In addition you get at least 1,5g which makes another core.

I know i don’t like these random chances either but it is just fair and provides a stability to the game. Everything else would just make things messy.

Your analysis is wrong.

If people stop doing the old content because they can get the same reward elsewhere, then that means that the old content was not liked and should either never have been created in the first place, or is in serious need of alteration. This is therefore not a subsitution but an indication that there is a problem with the old content.

Deciding not to make a change like this isn’t going to result in Anet making the old content desireable in and of itself, the only result will be Anet simply not doing anything.

in Crafting

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

Sure why not but for sure we all FARM ADDICTED and we all deserve more endless farming punishment.

There is no need for fun while playing cuz this game needs More and More and More farming since there is no Farming in this game.

There is no Holy Trinity also since all players are zerkers and we are attacking like mindless zombies for Farm anything like COF.

Ah please Nerf COF btw since it can’t be easily farm by players.

But question is Do MMO’s without grinding exist? That should be GuildWars 2 right cuz devs promised that and it why i bought this game.

Oh wait a second…..

It’s gonna be legend… wait for it… aand i hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is dary after a lot of farming.

(edited by azazil.9541)