No Culinary Applications for Bloodstone Dust

in Crafting

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

- For the millionth time, there are no culinary applications for bloodstone dust. None. No good can come from feeding it to living beings.
- Pfft, what do you know? I’ll take the dust to the streets and start my own food cart. I’ll be rich!

Just sayin’

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I dunno, a lot of good comes from feeding it to Mawdrey II.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

When I first saw this topic I thought it was going to be about ascended cooking and the OP wanting their character to be able to eat bloodstone dust. (I haven’t played the new story yet.)

This is actually less weird.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

I laughed so hard at that norn when he said that.
He’s going to become rich from bloodstone dust :’D

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in Crafting

Posted by: zaw.6741

zaw.6741

npc selling/buying bloodstone dust comming soon?

in Crafting

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I’m sure the cook didn’t hear from Molecular gastronomy yet, so I expect some other recipe suggestions from other more advanced cooks real soon now™.

Really, what do you expect from a cook who has his kitchen in the crypt of a university and uses open fire from wood logs for cooking?

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

in Crafting

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Maybe we will see 500 cooking with recipes that use bloodstone dust soon?

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in Crafting

Silmar Alech.4305

As long as I keep 22 stacks of bloodstone dust, 22 stacks of dragonite ore and 22 stacks of empyrial fragments in anticipation for leveling the remaining 2 professions, they will not be raised to 500. Never.
I bet: as soon as I refine all of them, cook and jeweler will be raised to 500. But not one day earlier.

On the other hand, I see no urgent need in raising these professions to 500. There is already too much different and powerful enough buff-food around, and there are already several different ways to get ascended accessories. If I think of it, the line from Chef Robertus is probably a broad hint about this – there will be probably no ascended cooking any time soon, if ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

Bloodstone dust sounds like it could be used to make drugs :P Whole new meaning to “cooking”

in Crafting

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Mix it with artifical flavor and sweeter and you get a fruity ant-acid for failed recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m certain that all this Bloodstone Dust must be primarily fake. :P With all the Bloodstone Dust players are getting, we’d probably have enough to reconstruct the 5 actual Bloodstones dozens of times over by now!

in Crafting

Posted by: catsunami.8437

catsunami.8437

As long as I keep 22 stacks of bloodstone dust, 22 stacks of dragonite ore and 22 stacks of empyrial fragments in anticipation for leveling the remaining 2 professions, they will not be raised to 500. Never.
I bet: as soon as I refine all of them, cook and jeweler will be raised to 500. But not one day earlier.

I thought you could make dust out of bloodstone bricks? I’ve been making bricks of mine, it tends to save some space at least.

in Crafting

Silmar Alech.4305

Of course refining saves space, but while leveling your crafting, you get XP by refining bloodstone dust to bricks from level 450 to 475. Same with the other 2 ascended materials. It’s effectively doing 25 levels at zero cost, since you have to refine anyway. I saved my stacks of unrefined material for this purpose.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just some Norn Heisenberg cookin’ some crystal blue stuff, nothing to be so emethsiastic about…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wouldn’t it be better used in Artificer (for some potions)?

I’m still curious about who knows where the Bloodstones currently are, why they are grinding them down to dust and how the little bags of it are getting distributed to every chest in Tyria on a daily basis?

It does have a strange similarity to a drug distribution channel …..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

As a chef, you might not use it for cooking, but you could use it in new ascended dyes.

As an aside, I will need a sink for dragonite ore soon. So maybe that could be used in ascended dyes and potions too.

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

even since i reached a stack each of bloodstone bricks and emphyreal stars, i have been throwing away bloodstone dusts and emphyreal fragments.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Crafting

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

even since i reached a stack each of bloodstone bricks and emphyreal stars, i have been throwing away bloodstone dusts and emphyreal fragments.

That’s not a great idea. ANet has a habit of coming out with recipes that require ludicrous amounts of an ingredient. I’d save at least a couple stacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

Bloodstone Dust…..just one bite and you’re eating faces. GW2’s bathsalts.

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

That’s not a great idea. ANet has a habit of coming out with recipes that require ludicrous amounts of an ingredient. I’d save at least a couple stacks.

oh yeah… sure.. i have been living with that feeling ever since they were introduced… got my stacks of stars and bricks… i’m done collecting them.. wasting space in my bank…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Crafting

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

- For the millionth time, there are no culinary applications for bloodstone dust. None. No good can come from feeding it to living beings.
- Pfft, what do you know? I’ll take the dust to the streets and start my own food cart. I’ll be rich!

Just sayin’

I thought this was cute too.
Foreshadowing of Ascended cooking, perhaps?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632