No crafting changes? Seriously?

in Crafting

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

No changes for silk or linen at all? No making Elonian Leather useful/valuable?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The next 4 patches will be LS only. Other content updates will follow bundled in march.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Changing recipe requirements around is not content.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Changing recipe requirements around is not content.

Its also not LS. And they never announced any changes to leather.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Crafting needs a nerf seriously.
Access to gear should not require crafting.
Access to gear should certainly not require everyone crafts their own.
Gear drops from events should be the best in the game, not crafted.

Crafted gear is supposed to be about speed and ease not access and power. Exceptions typically are tied to consumables and things you want stacks of (which is more of a ease and speed issue anyway).

There needs to be a major nerf to crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Crafted gear is supposed to be about speed and ease not access and power. Exceptions typically are tied to consumables and things you want stacks of (which is more of a ease and speed issue anyway).

I tend to think that the Ascended items were developed in order to give players the means to create their own, high end equipment AND to remove from circulation the enormous over-supply of certain mats. That material and gold sink provides stability to the economy and allows for parity to return to commodity pricing.

I agree that ascended weapons, armor and eventually jewelry should be sellable but the cost to build is huge and the cost to buy will be equally so. I have a Zoija’s long bow and great sword on my ranger. The cost to create these items was huge but if I built them just to sell, the cost would be over 700 gold to make ANY money. That’s precursor costs….who would spend that?

As far as your last point, the RNG drops do contain ascended and legendary items albeit at an almost immeasurable rate so you CAN get the best items without crafting them but it’s a bit like catching lightning in a bottle.

in Crafting

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)
Both with full runes of Ogre Full Zerker is every single item. Jewelery and Infusion.

Full Berserker Exotic Great sword swing 96.0099 = 1047 * 3275 * .07 / 2500

Full Berserker Ascended Great sword swing 103.24724 = 1100 * 3353 * .07 / 2500

The total is a 6.8% increase not counting traits or sigils.

For 10,000 Cuts it’s like a 500 hp dif but who is going to stand still for that. So for people with the exact same skill level Ascended should win but evading one hit would negate the damage difference.

(edited by Arnon.1563)

in Crafting

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

I actually don’t take issue with the materials in so far as things that existed in the past. The part of ascended crafting that even making your legendary manages to make profitable is the funneling of players through content that they may or may not like. My personal one is metas… sorry, but i hate these things with a very special passion, and i know there are others, probably quite a few who hate my personal favorite, the dungeons.

The materials costs of things like silk and such, though silk is so far out of proportion, can be handled by the rather inflated economy just because money is basically thrown at you once you hit 80 and begin doing anything other than leveling another alt or standing around in LA… about 1 gold for 10-20 minutes effort plus any other drops typically off any dungeon and then the mass kill farm off some of those metas….constantly working on the luck mechanic (this this actually works, I have seen an improvement in my drop rates…first time ever in any game)…money is there. Again, what I am not a fan of is… 16 orrian temples (30 dragonite each, 500 req for weapons/chest) and 25 dungeon paths (ok i dont mind this so much, but 20 empyreal fragments out of 500 needed for weapon/chest armor) and 16/25 iterations for my 4-5 characters and however many weapons each one may need (some i just take skins and slap them onto exotics cause no way im doing this twice if i can help it atm) and I think the picture of what my gripe is should be clear enough.

Mind you, while i think the economy can support the silk thing for the moment, nerfing that particular recipe…more correctly normalizing it with the others…would do go quite a ways for a lot of people. And consider, these market corrections have probably put the screws to anyone who didnt already have rank 400 in all crafts available, because for one reason or another…the costs of some other materials have also increased…except the ones from those mid level zones where people sit for hours twiddling their thumbs waiting on that current special meta (this also needs to be worked on, but i digress).

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Feel free to apply those rules when you create your game. Since this is not your game you harldy have any credibility to say what should and should not be.

And you feel everyone should grind events and pray to RNG Gods to get their armors?

Crafting is too OP needs nerf…rofl

in Crafting

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Im still waiting on them to just fix the interface. Maybe itll be in the 10 year anniversary patch.

Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Damage

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)
Both with full runes of Ogre Full Zerker is every single item. Jewelery and Infusion.

Full Berserker Exotic Great sword swing 96.0099 = 1047 * 3275 * .07 / 2500

Full Berserker Ascended Great sword swing 103.24724 = 1100 * 3353 * .07 / 2500

The total is a 6.8% increase not counting traits or sigils.

For 10,000 Cuts it’s like a 500 hp dif but who is going to stand still for that. So for people with the exact same skill level Ascended should win but evading one hit would negate the damage difference.

You clearly ignored the primary reason Berserker is effective — critical damage. Seriously — this calculation is worthless without that. This has been covered before — but ascended gives a 12-15% increase in direct damage from Exotic to Ascended. Calculations in

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-Gear-Stats-up-5-condition-damage/first#post3152807

(there are other numbers on the second page as well, but they generally agree).

So — 10% or more additional damage, some slight additional armor … it won’t matter if you’re much better than your opponent, but for equally skilled players that’s a big deal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

The next 4 patches will be LS only. Other content updates will follow bundled in march.

Let’s be real, how hard can it be to revert the requirement from Silk Scraps to Silk Bolt from 3 to 2? Or change the requirement to create a Spool of Silk Thread from 100 to 50? Maybe it’s just me but this isn’t exactly rocket science.

Also if you looked at the release notes of the last LS patch you’ll notice that they also included some changes not directly related to the Living Story.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Let’s be real, how hard can it be to revert the requirement from Silk Scraps to Silk Bolt from 3 to 2? Or change the requirement to create a Spool of Silk Thread from 100 to 50? Maybe it’s just me but this isn’t exactly rocket science.

Also if you looked at the release notes of the last LS patch you’ll notice that they also included some changes not directly related to the Living Story.

If you take that route then you’ll anger a lot of people that have already made the mats at the higher material cost. It would be far better for a-net PR to increase the supply side instead. That’s also a more delicate balance between too much supply and to little. I would appreciate it if they took a little bit more time to get that balance right rather than have us go back to npc-ing silk because of a miscalculation. That’s what I suspect is happening right now.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Ever considered that it is working as intended?