No crit % increase on Celestial ascended

in Crafting

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Way to make Celestial even more useless, seeing as Berserker and Assassin’s get a 1% increase.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I hope they buff it. Don’t know why it wouldn’t get a 1% increase if the other armors with crit% did.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

bers and assassins get 1% increase? which pieces? because chest certanly didn’t

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Dulfy’s stat table implies that celestial, in total, has 19% crit damage! where berserker and assassins has 17%. (For all the pieces). Is this true?

http://dulfy.net/2013/12/12/gw2-ascended-armor-stats/

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My guess is that Celestial did get a boost, but it isn’t noticeable due to rounding.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Antares.2586

Antares.2586

@Lilith

Yes it’s true, but that was already the case for Celestial exo.
A bit sad about this, we could get a global +1% on the entire set, at least, to reach +20%.

(edited by Antares.2586)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Interesting #CelestialStillNotWorthIt. XD

(((Despite having 163 charged quartz from trying to get that flipping recipe!)))

I like the idea that my pink dyed armor will match the pinks on my weapons in their name too. That’s only why I made my immobulus and anomaly ascended, and only why I’ll be making the armor. Stats don’t matter, aesthetics when I ping my gear, do!

Hehe

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

No reason to complain here. If you don’t like the small increases, Anet has made it REALLY easy to convince you to not make it.

in Crafting

dietzero.3514

No reason to complain here. If you don’t like the small increases, Anet has made it REALLY easy to convince you to not make it.

That does not mean Celestial should be extra bad.

in Crafting

dietzero.3514

bers and assassins get 1% increase? which pieces? because chest certanly didn’t

Legs. They now have the same crit % as Celestial.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

How has this particular thing made celestial extra bad? You know we are talking about 1% right? Let me repeat that…… 1%.

Just so we are clear here…… 1%

Ok now that we have that out there. Zerk and assassin should get an increase if you think about it. Those two sets are all about DPS, no reason to try and compare celestial to that.

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Asended armor isn’t really about the stat normal stats you look for in armor. It is about the defense rating! Armor is calculated as Toughness + Defense ascended armor has about a 5% higher defense rating over exotic.

Like ascended weapons have about a 5% weapon strength average over exotics. The raw stats hardly matter.

The weapon strength average for 2 exotic daggers is 952.5

Ascended weapon strength daggers average is 1000.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

dietzero.3514

How has this particular thing made celestial extra bad? You know we are talking about 1% right? Let me repeat that…… 1%.

Ok now that we have that out there. Zerk and assassin should get an increase if you think about it. Those two sets are all about DPS, no reason to try and compare celestial to that.

I guess they should remove stats from everything then…

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I guess they should remove stats from everything then…

Didn’t know we were going to take the discussion to the extreme to try and prove a point. Ascended stat increases are minimal and for a very good reason. My point was, a zerk set only received a 1% increase, so why would a celestial set even get a bump, they are already higher than the zerk. On top of that, 1% is something that only would matter to a min-max build anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Because, well, maybe it’s not supposed to have as high crit% as zerkers? Just my two cents. As it is, wupwup claymore already has more crit% than Zojja’s.

in Crafting

Antares.2586

The reasoning behind this is wrong : Celestial is supposed to have a higher crit than Zerkers. In many item it’s already the case. It’s not a mistake from Anet, it is intended to make Celestial more appealing.

And in Jewels & Weapons, it is the case for the Ascended stuff.
So it’s wrong to change the logic at that point, when players have built around this.

My guess is they calculate it on all objects and it was less than 1% for all of them, individually.
But for Zerk, they choose to up the Leggings artificially, to reach 4%, to make it more acceptable by the players. In respect to the 5% perspective. Zerk Leggings shouldn’t have received a +1% crit damage.

We’re just asking the same treatment for Celestial.
It should be 5% for the legging, with the same logic. Otherwise it’s just unfair for those who chose to go Celestial, especially for the Crit damage, instead of Zerk stuff.

When checking Dulfy site : http://dulfy.net/2013/12/12/gw2-ascended-armor-stats/
The WupWup Crit Damage is the only stat in the table receiving a +0% bonus.
Zerk Crit Damage displays a +6,25% bonus. A standard +5% bonus to the Celestial global stat would lead to 19,95 %. So this point is clearly missing to the total, comparing to the Zerk one.

So we would like to have an official statement from Anet explaining why to Zerk Leggings were brought from 3 to 4%, and Celestial not to 5%, please.

‘Celestial Crit Damage was already high’ is not a valid answer, regarding the Zerk artificial buff.
Maybe it’s just a simple mistake, so in that case thank you in advance for fixing it

(edited by Antares.2586)

in Crafting

Antares.2586

Could we get an official answer about this, please ?

Why Zerk Leggings were buffed from 3% to 4%, and WupWup Leggings not receive a +1% ?

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

It’s called Berserker. I do not appreciate this ‘nerdy, we wan’t to sound cool mixed with lazyness’-behaviour.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Am I missing something here or doesn’t WupWup still have a higher crit damage %?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Antares.2586

The problem is not that. Celestial exo has already higher crit dmg than Zerk exo.

The problem is Zerk has received a +6,25% bonus, and WupWup +0% to this stat.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What were the overall percent increases to ALL stats (I’m betting they were more than 6.25%)?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

dietzero.3514

Celestial really does not need another reason to be shunned by players.

in Crafting

Antares.2586

What were the overall percent increases to ALL stats (I’m betting they were more than 6.25%)?

Exactly 5% for the other stats :

Attachments:

(edited by Antares.2586)

in Crafting

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

you know there’s three other sets besides berserker that also got that % increase, lets not target unfairly now

it likely has to do with the 42 stat point raise compared with the stat raise on other sets.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Overall, if you have ascended trinkets and weapons already, you have, for zerk, and without any boost or any trait, 2154 Power, 1650 Precision (=39% crit chance), 78% crit dmg. That’s a base damage value of 2815.768.

If you change the exotic armor to ascended armor, you have 2168 Power, 1661 Precision (=39% crit chance, same as exotic), 79% crit dmg. That’s a base damage value of 2842.501.

2842.501 / 2815.768 = 1.0095 meaning an increase of the base damage value of 0.95%, or in other terms: not even one percent.

That’s without buffs, food and traits. Depending on those, you will possibly get an extra percent in crit chance (compared exotic/ascended). If you get that increase, you will get more base damage value (roughly around 1.3%), while if you don’t get that extra percent in crit chance, you will actually get a smaller increase than above (around 0.78%).

Edit: some computations are incorrect because I used attack as base, but attack is not used. I’ll try to take the time to redo the computations with the correct formula.

Edit 2: now corrected with accurate values

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

(edited by Fror.2163)

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

If Celestial was so useless bfore why even care about it when it’s Ascended? Unless you were using the useless armor with some useless build and wonder why your new upgrade will be just as useless and that 1% of crit damage is what makes it viable.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Antares.2586

I use Celestial for my Ele, so I care. And I’m not the only one.

It’s not about just 1%, it’s about respecting the original armor design, that made some people chose it in the first place.

An official response would be much appreciated..

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

You’re assuming alot about the ‘original armor design’. How do people not figure it’s being respected if you don’t know what the original armor design is or how Anet figures it out in the first place.

in Crafting

dietzero.3514

You’re assuming alot about the ‘original armor design’. How do people not figure it’s being respected if you don’t know what the original armor design is or how Anet figures it out in the first place.

You mean the 3% magic find?

in Crafting

Antares.2586

I’m not assuming anything.

% crit damage on Celestial exo armor IS higher than Zerk one.
That’s the actual design.

Other relevant ascended armors received a +1% to crit dmg , where Celestial +0%.
I just would like to know why, from an official point of view, that’s it.

(edited by Antares.2586)