No new source of Ectos?

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

They were slow enough to gain if you didn’t have a huge bankroll and now you’re adding more uses/needs for them without any alternative way to gain them? That’s going to make prices for them shoot through the roof. They’ve already jumped from 20s to 35s and your patch hasn’t even gone live yet Mr John Smith.

What are you going to do about ecto supply?

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Well they did just add champion loot boxes that drop rares quite frequently. Before that they added a guaranteed rare from world boss events, both of which didn’t have an ecto sink attached to them.

elite specs ruined pvp.

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The ecto rate from salavaging rares is shockingly poor, I used a BLSK on 10 lvl 80 rares and got 4 ecto, yet its supposed to have a 50% rate,

Ectos have went up 8/9 silver in a day, that says it all right there, with no new way to get ectos in the game other than salvaging, I don’t see many people pushing ascended anything.

This is also having a massive negative impact on C/dust which has also shot way up in price,

Personally its great for me, as I don’t plan to go for ascended gear, just a waste of time, so technically its awesome for sellers, but I don’t just think about myself, and my friends etc and anyone else who wants this gear is getting screwed hard.

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

LOL, anet has been adding sources for ectos in the bucket loads the past few months. Zerg here, zerg there, now go zerg here and there, now back here. Zerg zerg zerg zerg. There needed to be an ecto sink.

Not only that, it will bring players back to meta events for those guaranteed rares.

Dont worry, ectos will even out at about 33-35s. Where they should be.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The ecto rate from salavaging rares is shockingly poor, I used a BLSK on 10 lvl 80 rares and got 4 ecto, yet its supposed to have a 50% rate,

Ectos have went up 8/9 silver in a day, that says it all right there, with no new way to get ectos in the game other than salvaging, I don’t see many people pushing ascended anything.

This is also having a massive negative impact on C/dust which has also shot way up in price,

Personally its great for me, as I don’t plan to go for ascended gear, just a waste of time, so technically its awesome for sellers, but I don’t just think about myself, and my friends etc and anyone else who wants this gear is getting screwed hard.

Ummm… you had really bad luck then

It’s 9 ecto’s per every 10 rares with a master quality kit on average.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

step 1 do world bosses

step 2 chuck green gear into forge

step 3 farm dungeons and buy the rare gear from CoF CoE HOTW vendor for 30 tokens each and salvage

tada ecto problem solved

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

You could also craft level 80 rares and salvage them. You’ll need to kill champs for one of the mats anyways, pop the boxes, which can give lots of t5, and use those mats to make 80 rares.

Tarnished Coast

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

step 1 do world bosses

step 3 farm dungeons and buy the rare gear from CoF CoE HOTW vendor for 30 tokens each and salvage

tada ecto problem solved

INCORRECT, SIR!

Greens and blues will now be salvaged for Essences of Luck for Magic Find.

The obstacle is the path.

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

step 1 do world bosses

tada ecto problem solved

INCORRECT, SIR!

Greens and blues will now be salvaged for Essences of Luck for Magic Find.

So will ecto’s… why you would just salvage a green… idk…

If you want MF salvage ecto’s and cheap blues that way you don’t lose $.

Either way what he said will still work to get you ecto’s.

Tarnished Coast

No new source of Ectos?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Ascended Weapons dont need many ectos to craft, only around 20.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.