Nopale and Prickly Pear

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

These two items both show up in the cooking discovery now. Nopale needs another item and Prickly Pear shows up with butter and flour but needs another item.

So it’s an intermediary item and I can tell you it’s not candy corn glaze.

Edit: Prickly Pear needs a Pile of Cinnamon and Sugar. With the flour and butter you make the Prickly Pear Pie filling. The Pie recipe itself is at the vendor on the new map.

Edit II: Prickly Pear Pie consumable gives +40% condi duration and 33% chance to steal life on crit This pie is account bound.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Wait dose it give you both?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Oooh, new cooking recipes for my collection!

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: zang.2890

zang.2890

Cactus Soup is similar to Mango Pies, 85 health per second except with +70 toughness.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

please pic here

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Cactus Soup is similar to Mango Pies, 85 health per second except with +70 toughness.

But none are listed on the TP, so I guess they are account bound on crafting them.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Dear Lord, please tell me ANET isn’t forcing us to craft personally to get the best edge in WvW. Prickly Pear soup is that much better than Koi cake.

Seriously? sigh. It is bad enough that we have to craft ascended versus having it done for us (or better yet having decent drop rates so you don’t need to craft at all). Either way is better than imposing crafting on each and every person.

After all, IF you are in the minority that likes to craft, do you really want your only market to be “account bound”? Aren’t crafters typically people who want to make (and profit) for/from others?

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Dear Lord, please tell me ANET isn’t forcing us to craft personally to get the best edge in WvW. Prickly Pear soup is that much better than Koi cake.

Seriously? sigh. It is bad enough that we have to craft ascended versus having it done for us (or better yet having decent drop rates so you don’t need to craft at all). Either way is better than imposing crafting on each and every person.

After all, IF you are in the minority that likes to craft, do you really want your only market to be “account bound”? Aren’t crafters typically people who want to make (and profit) for/from others?

I see your point and agree with it but many poeple asked for in game rewards that are earned through gameplay and not bought simply with gold. This food and the accound bound ventari gear are results from that.
They should at least make those rewards available through playing wvw as well, like with the festival tokens.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I see your point and agree with it but many poeple asked for in game rewards that are earned through gameplay and not bought simply with gold. This food and the accound bound ventari gear are results from that.
They should at least make those rewards available through playing wvw as well, like with the festival tokens.

Festival tokens were not available through playing WvW.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Festival tokens were not available through playing WvW.

They were through random drops, even though their droprate ws abysmal.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Well I suppose then they should create items that you ONLY can get in WvW from slaughtering lots of people in EOTM that PvErs need to be competitive in their dungeon groups?

The whole thing about forcing every style of play on every player is just bad bad bad. . . .

It makes people who like to focus want to play something else when that something else arrives.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

What discovery items do you need for the nopale? You listed what is needed for the prickly pear but not the nopale. So what are they?

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I don’t know. That’s why I posted it here.

I made a good guess on the Prickly Pear because I saw that there is a pie recipe from the Dry Top merchant.

Nopale and Prickly Pear

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From what I’ve seen so far, the new cactus recipes are similar to the recipes that came from the Molten Facility dungeon. The recipes for the final dishes must be learned from recipes (purchased from the Zephyrite vendor), but the dishes typically require a secondary ingredient that is discovered through crafting, such as the Bowl of Prickly Pear Pie Filling.