Not finding enough leather. :(

in Crafting

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

Hi! I just started up a character with huntsman and leatherworking. My huntsman…ing is leagues ahead of my leather working because ore and wood are in good supply. I just can’t find enough leather.

How do I get leather without having to grind? If that’s my only option then I’d rather just switch to another crafting skill with more plentiful ingredients.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I, and many others, have way too much leather. Usually found when salvaging medium style armor among other things such as hides.

in Crafting

Posted by: Corvus.1583

Corvus.1583

As leather is only available from a few select things, some amount of farming is involved. You can salvage leather armor of the level range you are trying to craft for, salvage it from hides dropped from certain animals (Bears, Skale), or salvage it from salvage items (like thin leather straps, for example).

Corvus Dark, Human Thief
Leader of Tyrian Farmers Union
Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Or you could just buy it from the TP

in Crafting

Posted by: sixtyninetee.9785

sixtyninetee.9785

Sad but true. Exactly how A-Net set it up… buy those gems… trade for gold… all the leather you want

A-Net has to make money so they can eat and provide for their families… I wish they could do it without handcuffing the crafting system.

The amount of materials you need just to make an Unidentified Dye… Just one example of thousands that make me think every time … "if this was a “sub”…. this would be fun… but it’s more less… “feed the rich”

in Crafting

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sad but true. Exactly how A-Net set it up… buy those gems… trade for gold… all the leather you want

A-Net has to make money so they can eat and provide for their families… I wish they could do it without handcuffing the crafting system.

The amount of materials you need just to make an Unidentified Dye… Just one example of thousands that make me think every time … "if this was a “sub”…. this would be fun… but it’s more less… “feed the rich”

Whoa! Tin foil hat zone.

The various leather sections sell for between 5 to 35 copper a piece. Hardly a princely sum and not out of whack with compared with ore and logs. And actually cheaper than buying the raw hides off of the TP (but you can get from 1-3 leather sections out of a hide, so maybe that’s OK).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvage_item

Lists all the raw material salvage. Hides, pelts and straps are salvaged into leather sections. Crude salvage kit is all you need.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Crafting

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

Thanks for the help, all!

I actually switched out leatherworker for jeweler an hour ago and I’m already past where I was in leatherworking. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Leather can be trickier to get because you can’t harvest it directly from nodes. I get mine by salvaging Medium Armor, leather-like salvage items like Hides, Pelts (from animals) and Straps (from Centaurs), and occasionally from opening Bags. Centaurs are my preferred group to hunt for Leather because they drop all three item categories. Flame Legion bags also sometimes drop leather scraps.

That said, leather scraps and refined leather squares tend to be the cheapest of all the basic crafting materials on the TP. If you’re not fussed about harvesting the materials you need yourself, it’s much quicker to just buy them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Master Archer Nente.9284

Master Archer Nente.9284

I have WAY WAY WAY too much leather. Just salvage medium armor and you’ll have all the leather you need.

Character: Kyou Fujibayashi ~Mesmer
Guilds: Tears of the Ascended [ToA] | Legion of Dhuum[LoD]

in Crafting

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

If you’re playing GW2 By buying gems and converting it into cash, then wow, you’re playing an extremely inefficient way, and no wonder you’re moaning so much about the gem store.

I’ve been playing since the 3 day headstart, all my professions are maxed, i’ve got the golden title & i’m fully geared in exotic gear with sigils/runes.

Only once did i put money into the Gem store, and that was to buy a character slot, so to say that you need to buy gems to get anywhere in this game is incredibly wrong, you can easily make money just by farming CoF p1 for an hour a day to say the least, let alone many other methods you can do to make money.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA