November 15th Massive Update: Precursors Addressed?

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Legendaries are obviously the carrot in GW2. Believe it or not, some players actually enjoy farming. What is extremely boring and repetitive for you can easily be fun for smb else. Because people are gasp not YOU. I like how they made it. the farmers have their carrot, those who dislike farming don’t have to do it because it’s ultimately irrelevant to the gameplay. In every possible way. If they never implemented legendaries, nobody would miss them. Except those who like farming and the huge number of masochists in this topic. You say they don’t involve skill…they aren’t supposed to. They are for the pve players and pve can never require skill(because AI is predictable and once you get the hang of it, even the hardest dungeon boss becomes a kitten). Get a grip and learn2think.

in Crafting

Posted by: wicket.2485

wicket.2485

Get a grip and learn2think.

….or just get really lucky. You can’t possibly tell me farming for 100s of hours is fun; tell the truth.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

Get a grip and learn2think.

….or just get really lucky. You can’t possibly tell me farming for 100s of hours is fun; tell the truth.

Why 100s? I farm a few hours a day(mostly gathering, cause I’m weird that way) and I’m having a blast with it. GW2 is the first game where I really enjoy farming since I can do it whenever I like for however long I like(I came here from Tera where I HAD to do dailies every single day, I HAD to farm dungeons every 6h, because of the cooldown etc). And there are always events around to get some karma on the way. Since Legendaries are purely cosmetic, I don’t understand why you feel like you have to farm if you don’t like it… Let alone force yourself into hours upon hours of farming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

>.. and then Arthur, in all his glory, took upon himself the four exquisitely made longswords he had collected, and threw them into the Lake, only to have one of lesser value hefted back at him.

“Kittens!” said Arthur, as he stuffed the lesser sword into his pack. “I shall have to go forth, and farm’eth three more swords to pitch’eth into the lake now!”

Suddenly, Galahad rode by on his mighty steed, proudly waving the Legendary sword Excalibur to and fro, light glistening off the mystical blade.

“HAHA Chinese goldfarmer kittenhole!” shouted Arthur, throwing horse feces at yonder Galahad.

“L2FARM NOOB” responded Galahad, before riding off to meet his international friends, the identical Rangers Qqqqffffff, Qqqqffffgg & Qqqqfffggg to whom he owed much.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

>.. and then Arthur, in all his glory, took upon himself the four exquisitely made longswords he had collected, and threw them into the Lake, only to have one of lesser value hefted back at him.

“Kittens!” said Arthur, as he stuffed the lesser sword into his pack. “I shall have to go forth, and farm’eth three more swords to pitch’eth into the lake now!”

Suddenly, Galahad rode by on his mighty steed, proudly waving the Legendary sword Excalibur to and fro, light glistening off the mystical blade.

“HAHA Chinese goldfarmer kittenhole!” shouted Arthur, throwing horse feces at yonder Galahad.

“L2FARM NOOB” responded Galahad, before riding off to meet his international friends, the identical Rangers Qqqqffffff, Qqqqffffgg & Qqqqfffggg to whom he owed much.

Genius, and sadly, pretty dead on.

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

They could fix it if they wanted to. But, I imagine, precursors make Anet a lot of money from gem sales and give gold sellers a lot of gold to work with.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Oh god yes. Spot on indeed. XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Crafting

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

I really hope they address precursors with this update… Maybe put it in the new “very difficult dungeon” as a reward? Let’s hope.

Or else I’m out.. nealy 1000 hours played, 3 lvl 80 chars, ectect… I’m already rapidly losing interest in the game sadly.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

I really hope they address precursors with this update… Maybe put it in the new “very difficult dungeon” as a reward? Let’s hope.

Or else I’m out.. nealy 1000 hours played, 3 lvl 80 chars, ectect… I’m already rapidly losing interest in the game sadly.

And having a weapon that shoots rainbows will change that how exactly?

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

^You’re blind to the issue. Your perspective cannot be changed. There’s no point talking anymore to you about the subject.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

And having a weapon that shoots rainbows will change that how exactly?

and he wants to take part in the other long term goals the game has?

really i understand why they may be afraid of making precursors have a different method, afterall, the entire ecomony is basically getting a huge focus of goods created/sold towards precursors, however the all or nothing gambling system, is pretty poor, and the rate at which they are getting introduced is fairly low. im pretty sure way less than 5% of the population has legendaries, and of those who do, the most consistent thing you can say about 90% of those people, is they have a relatively insane amount of money at their disposal.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

Ermmm, that’s a bit of a contradiction, isn’t it? Why do you want to shorten the long term goals of the game in order to achieve them? Doesn’t that defy the purpose? Since you’d effectively be depriving yourself form part of the long term….

in Crafting

TSLlol.4879

Ermmm, that’s a bit of a contradiction, isn’t it? Why do you want to shorten the long term goals of the game in order to achieve them? Doesn’t that defy the purpose? Since you’d effectively be depriving yourself form part of the long term….

Ermmm, why would you make long term goals seem completely hopeless to achieve, shortening it down to 0? If it’s the only long term goal left for the player, and you make it completely out of reach, or rather a gamble, then guess what. It’s over

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

Ermmm, why would you make long term goals seem completely hopeless to achieve, shortening it down to 0? If it’s the only long term goal left for the player, and you make it completely out of reach, or rather a gamble, then guess what. It’s over

Ermmm, why do you think it’s hopeless to achieve or out of reach? If you are going for the pve carrot part of the game you have to enjoy the grind. Thus, I don;t see why it bothers you. It just gives you more goals to farm, nothing else.

in Crafting

TSLlol.4879

Ermmm, why do you think it’s hopeless to achieve or out of reach? If you are going for the pve carrot part of the game you have to enjoy the grind. Thus, I don;t see why it bothers you. It just gives you more goals to farm, nothing else.

one of the posters above is right, it’s impossible to reason with you. And gosh, it isn’t even a grind, it’s all about playing the Trading Post. (or botting / exploiting) See, it would be a grind, if for example it required you to do all of the explorable paths in all of the dungeons. And that would be FUN. A grind yes, but still fun! Instead of either mindlessly farming for hundreds of hours in orr or being an economy mastermind, able to manipulate markets, or just being a botter. (because there is no really efficient way of earning money by farming which is a real shame)

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

one of the posters above is right, it’s impossible to reason with you. And gosh, it isn’t even a grind, it’s all about playing the Trading Post. (or botting / exploiting) See, it would be a grind, if for example it required you to do all of the explorable paths in all of the dungeons. And that would be FUN. A grind yes, but still fun! Instead of either mindlessly farming for hundreds of hours in orr or being an economy mastermind, able to manipulate markets, or just being a botter. (because there is no really efficient way of earning money by farming which is a real shame)

That could be also because your reasoning is bad. Like, you said that if it asked you to do all dungeons exp paths, that’d be FUN. For me, that’d be NIGHTMARE. You see, unlike you, I happen to enjoy the “mindless grind”, because I have my little obsessions and ways to make it FUN. Also unlike you, I despise dungeons in GW2. The main reason I’m not going after The Bifrost are those 500 Shards of Zhaitan(and my little sylvari leprechaun would really have loved to have a portable rainbow instead of a blue ball on a green stick). Unlike you I have accepted the thought of not sacrificing my fun in the game to obtain a shiney. And, also unlike you, I’m not QQing on the forum about not being able to get a legendary weapon. Because unless you enjot the process of obtaining this skin, going after it is a very very stupid thing to do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

Absolutely brilliant. Made my day, thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Ok so i have to farm for 15 more days and i have to wait this upgrade. Arena we need precursor from Token dungeon or other skill based things. I won t to buy it from LT or playing rulette at MF. PLZ fix it!

I really wished people stopped asking for things to simply be freely and easily given out for everyone, next thing you want them to mail the legendary of your choice to your mail because it’s too hard to run said dungeons, and then you delete the mail by accident and want it automatically added to your inventory.

But really, a token based system? So we force everyone to run dungeons 1k+ times so you can have items at your convenience? I really hope they never “easy it up” for the masses like putting it in dungeon or anything like that, you don’t “need to have it”, if you dont like to work for it, don’t!

I really cannot agree with implementing some of the easier(almost free-loot) mindset some of the posts have suggested here for the pre-cursors, luckily I got mine from the forge during halloween but if I hadn’t I would have kept on trying doing chests or farming the gold to finally buy it, many people already run within the first 2 months of the game with Eternity and even the other less desirable legendaries, that in itself feels like a cheapened situation.

Now to know some of the community want it “given out” so every average joe can have it? I’m sorry but this game is all about skins, it would be very disappointing for me if there is no skin where I could use and know that only other people who “really worked for it” also have one, otherwise there is no point to this game at all.

On that note, I expect to get dual wielding legendaries and others for my various characters regardless how long it takes, slowly farming up to them and one day be able to display them after much persistence and hard-work is what makes it all worthwhile

(edited by Kaderin.7584)

in Crafting

Posted by: siepher.9408

siepher.9408

The game is only 80 days old and you have put in 1000 hours?

Also, losing interest after that much on a $60 investment seems like money well spent.

(edited by siepher.9408)

in Crafting

TSLlol.4879

Also, losing interest after that much on a $60 investment seems like money well spent.

Yeah so I should just stop playing right? That’d definitely help the income of ANet!

in Crafting

Posted by: siepher.9408

siepher.9408

Yeah so I should just stop playing right? That’d definitely help the income of ANet!

well if you don’t enjoy the game anymore then, yeah.

in Crafting

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

1000 hours is 12.5 hours a day. That is not healthy. That is more than a full time job. Even as a young kid in school thats way to much…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Funny, perhaps, but definitely not “spot on” or whatever other people said. You’re assuming the same sour-grapes/jealousy nonsense so many others have, believing that the only possible way someone else could possibly have a legendary is through some kind of illegal activity or exploit.

in Crafting

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Hipp, the sad fact is a lot of people did achieve their legendaries from illegal activity. Not saying all, I know a few people who got theirs from help from friends or purely luck, but I also know more people on my server who have gotten them from ‘frowned’ upon methods.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Crafting

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I intend to achieve mine the legit way, as it is I make around 10-15G a day from cursed shore and dungeons. It’s a long path but I hope to make it because I find the weapon truelly beautiful and I have an obsession with skins in video games. I wont be getting help from friends sadly, I just don’t have the courage to ask for loans and etc. Although the RNG aspect saddens me I know by the end of it I will feel justly rewarded… I hope :P

When I played GW1, I felt like the way you could work for 50/50 HoM was the best way about achievements, the RNG factor didn’t really apply unless you wanted the luck title. I sure wish getting a legendary was more like that, so there would be less uncertainty. Atm I am at the mercy of RNG in the forge or at the mercy of the people selling them on the TP and it just doesn’t feel fair to me. I would much rather have the precursor at a fixed amount of effort like the other things. People say RNG is a measure to stop everyone getting the legendary, but what bothers me is that you go though all that effort for all the other pieces for your twilight or sunrise or what have you, only to be smacked in the face by RNG and told to try again. Not everyone had a 50/50 HoM and it didn’t take RNG to stop them, it took a fixed amount of effort.

I dont have a solution but atm I sure hope I have some good RNG or that the TP prices dont jump up faster than I can earn the money.

I have already seen people who farm cursed shore everyday and work really hard and they have achieved their legendary the legit way because of this, they have my respect. Not everyone cheats their way there which gives me the reassurance that if I work hard, maybe I will be able to achieve this too.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.