On ascended armor recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Ascended weapon recipes currently cost 5 laurels and 3g. This number is relatively fine for these, as you only really need to make 1 or 2 ascended weapons at a time.

Ascended armor is a set of 6 pieces, however. If that uses the same price per piece, it would total 30 laurels and 15g, just for recipes. Yeah, imagine that on Tuesday. “I’ll get my ascended armor…. in a month.” Completely unacceptable, right?

Simply put – do not make us buy each piece’s recipe individually – or if you do, make it a more appropriate laurel price. Like 1-2 laurels per piece. In fact, let’s balance it around the same scale for ascended weaponry – 2 weapons (the cost to complete a single build for most classes) is 10 laurels and 6g. A full set of ascended armor should also be 10 laurels and 6g.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Recipes are already made. Nothing you post here will change that.

/thread

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

First, “most classes” require a min of 4 weapons. An ele can get away with 2, but they shouldn’t.

Second, compare current exotic inscriptions and insignias.

Third, think about that month to get laurels – it’ll also take a good part of it, if not more than that, just to to get through the daily time-gating on crafting the parts. Those that are going to buy the parts to skip that will most likely already have saved enough gold and laurels for the designs as well.

Lastly, just because you may not use multiple sets, doesn’t mean that other won’t. Thus, your comparison of how many ascended whatevers one needs is pure opinion based on personal preference.

in Crafting

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Not having actually bothered with acquiring anything ascended via crafting, I was not expecting the convoluted MESS I was greeted with. Even crafting my legendary was less confusing!

The legendary required stacks of T6 mats, which was a pain sure, but still just 250 of a single material. The stupid nested recipes within recipes within recipes within recipes within recipes within recipes are ridiculous, and YES they go that deep! For reference, I just sized up the ascended staff:

Recipe: Ascended Inscription
- 21,000 Karma

Recipe: Ascended weapon
- 5 Laurels
- 3 Gold coins

Ascended Inscription
- 1 Orichalcum Imbued Inscription
— 5 Glob of Ectoplasm
— 5 Orichalcum Plated Dowel
—- 3 Orichalcum Ingot
—— 2 Orichalcum Ore
—- 2 Ancient Wood Plank
—— 3 Ancient Wood Log
— 5 Vial of Powerful Blood
- 1 Deldrimor Steel Plated Dowel
— 3 Deldrimor Steel Ingot
—- 20 Iron Ingot
—— 3 Iron Ore
—- 10 Steel Ingot
—— 3 Iron Ore
—— 1 Lump of Coal
—- 20 Darksteel Ingot
—— 2 Platinum Ore
—— 1 Lump of Primordium
—- 1 Lump of Mithrillium
—— 50 Mithril Ingot
——- 2 Mithril Ore
—— 1 Glob of Ectoplasm
—— 10 Thermocatalytic Reagent
— 3 Spiritwood Plank
—- 20 Soft Wood Plank
—- 10 Seasoned Wood Plank
—- 20 Hard Wood Plank
—- 1 Glob of Elder Spirit Residue
—— 50 Elder Wood Plank
——- 3 Elder Wood Log
—— 1 Glob of Ectoplasm
- 10 Glob of Dark Matter
- 10 Pile of Crystalline Dust

Vision Crystal
- 1 Augur’s Stone
— 20 Skill point
- 5 Dragonite Ingot
— 2 Obsidian Shard
— 10 Thermocatalytic Reagent
— 100 Dragonite Ore
- 5 Bloodstone Brick
— 2 Obsidian Shard
— 100 Pile of Bloodstone Dust
- 5 Empyreal Star
— 2 Obsidian Shard
— 100 Empyreal Fragment

Weapon Components
- 10 Pile of Crystalline Dust
- 100 Thermocatalytic Reagent
- 1 Ascended Spire Staff Head
— 2 Spiritwood Plank
—- 20 Soft Wood Plank
—- 20 Hard Wood Plank
—— 50 Elder Wood Plank
——- 3 Elder Wood Log
—— 1 Glob of Ectoplasm
- 1 Ascended Spire Staff Shaft
— 4 Spiritwood Plank
—- 20 Soft Wood Plank
—- 20 Hard Wood Plank
—— 50 Elder Wood Plank
——- 3 Elder Wood Log
—— 1 Glob of Ectoplasm

PLEASE don’t let armor be as absurd as this list
(yes it probably will be now, sigh..)

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Crafting

Posted by: Dragonax.6487

Dragonax.6487

If one piece of armor is that much, the whole set will be no different from crafting a legendary itself. Considering how ugly the armors look, I strongly against it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ralron.8124

Ralron.8124

Meh , im expecting to be exactly like weapons cep different mats ( silk , leather etc..)

i have 6 ascended weapons so 6 armor int to bad…

and the crafting was fairly easy. if you find it complicated , stay in school.

ONE Legendary WEAPONS cost over 2000g , a full set of Ascended armor will cost you AT MOST 400-600gold… ( if u compare it to weapons)

in Crafting

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

I hope it is less just from the perspective of gearing alts. I think it is entirely reasonable to expect to be able to gear out two or three characters for less than a legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ralron.8124

Ralron.8124

I hope it is less just from the perspective of gearing alts. I think it is entirely reasonable to expect to be able to gear out two or three characters for less than a legendary.

not to mention a LEG is 1 item , ascended armor is 6 items

legendary weapons are just Ugly skins for bragging rights..
*look i spent over 2000gold *

in Crafting

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

legendary weapons are just Ugly skins for bragging rights..

But, but… I think they are purdy… well some of them.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s just a list. Do it one part at a time, it really isn’t that complicated.

Personally I enjoy building it up one part at a time and seeing my progress as I get closer to the next piece.

in Crafting

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I don’t think (or hope) that ascended armour should cost any laurels. If they follow along the same path as weapons, they are already a big enough gold sink as is. I don’t mind using laurels for the infusions, but if each piece could potentially cost 75g to make, then using laurels is a moot point.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The initial piece will cost more due to the recipe cost. Each subsequent piece will be cheaper. You can also amortize the recipe cost across the cost of all the pieces of that type that you craft. A 10 gold recipe for a helm suddenly only becomes 1 gold per helm if you craft 10 of them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Do we actually have confirmed material requirements for ascended armors?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Crafting

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I believe they said they wanted Ascended Armor/Weapons to be long term accomplishments. Not crafted in 1 day. That’s why they have time-gated aspects to the crafting as well as raised the Craft Lvl from 400 to 500. This way people have to….. wait for it…. work a little bit to get these new top end pieces of equipment.

If not.. Everyone would be decked in Ascended gear by next week and would be clamoring for the next big thing for them to do.

I don’t know about you, but I planned on playing GW2 for years. I always hoped it would last just as long as other MMO’s like WOW and EQ. Making things take a little time to get isn’t a bad thing for me.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Crafting

Posted by: Nykravis.8342

Nykravis.8342

While Arenanet may run the game remember NCSoft codes it. If you think that crafting list is bad you should go back and look at lineage 2 crafting. We used to refer to it as crafting through the rabbit hole … If you tried to draw it out you ended up with a huge Christmas tree requiring you to make hundreds of refined mats and grind for weeks to make one piece of moderate level gear.