Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions

in Crafting

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing here. The inscriptions sell on the BLTP for ~7g. However, weapons that actually have these in them are only selling for ~2g. Why would a component sell for significantly more than the final product?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing here. The inscriptions sell on the BLTP for ~7g. However, weapons that actually have these in them are only selling for ~2g. Why would a component sell for significantly more than the final product?

Because the inscriptions can be used to level crafting while the weapons do not necessarily have suitable stats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Components selling for more than the final product has been a norm for the GW2 economy for a long time.

Recipes that sell for significantly more than their component parts are the exception, rather than the rule.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Due to everybody crafting exotic weapons to level their weaponcrafting, there is an oversupply of weapons right now.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

which is why its smart to craft exotics whose inscriptions can be salvaged back out after crafting (IE: magi, rabid, dire, settler, sentinel, ect)

once you’re done crafting you can salvage inscriptions and resell them to recoup losses.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Warning: not all crafted exotics with those stats can drop their inscriptions.
near as I can tell, items crafted with ‘Pearl’ and ‘Quaggan’ in their name do not give inscriptions. If you’re obtained an inscription from these items, let me know and I’ll double-check it, but I’ve definitely salvaged 10 of each of those before and got 0 inscriptions.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

which is why its smart to craft exotics whose inscriptions can be salvaged back out after crafting (IE: magi, rabid, dire, settler, sentinel, ect)

once you’re done crafting you can salvage inscriptions and resell them to recoup losses.

First of all, Sentinel Inscriptions arent salvageable at all and the others that you mentioned are only salvageable from non-crafted weapons with those stats.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Only advantage to salvaging crafted exotics is the Dark Matter potential.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances