Particle Effect Skin for Infused Quivers?

in Crafting

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Are there any plans to allow quivers to be ascended once more through the Mystic Forge, to get the particle effect skin similar to the infused fractal capacitor?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Capacitor_

I read on the wiki that ‘Upgraded items may also gain an enhanced, sometimes radiant skin.’

Clearly I didn’t do my homework, because I just assumed that meant quivers as well.

Of course, after scrounging up the 250 ectos and infusing the thing, I realized that wasn’t the case. Did some digging, and found I was way off mark.

Might have rethought my investment priorities if I’d read up on it better. Alas.

Anyway – any chance these might get a similar upgraded infused skin down the road?

I’m assuming that would mean another 250 ectos for a cosmetic upgrade, but still, the option would be nice to have, as after spending the initial 250, I doubt I’ll start from square one with a capacitor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Would be nice. Being able to do the same with the Infused Books like Koss on Koss would be nice also.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

In my opinion, adding particle effects to the quiver would completely ruin the quiver. Why does it need fire or sparkles or junk like that? It’s just a quiver for storing arrows. In my opinion, that’s what makes it appealing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

^This .. I just made my quiver because it looks so nice when I equip my bow

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Crafting

Posted by: Fellnine.6905

Fellnine.6905

then why not have both? personally i think it would be cool if people wanted flaming/dark/light arrow quivers just for looks. if they wanna spend the time and money on it why not? you can have your plain quiver, they can have their magic quiver

in Crafting

TheAngryLuddite.1834

then why not have both? personally i think it would be cool if people wanted flaming/dark/light arrow quivers just for looks. if they wanna spend the time and money on it why not? you can have your plain quiver, they can have their magic quiver

This. Quivers wouldn’t automatically get the particle skin upon being infused with the 250 ectos the first time. It would require a second infusion with 250 ectos, like the capacitors, to get the particle skin – so all parties would be appeased.

Granted, that would set me another 250 back toward a Legendary, which I probably should have saved, but it would be nice to have the option.

My quiver desires Mist Swirlies. Are you receiving this transmission, oh Devs of Swirlination?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Think as you upgraded the quiver and books it changes colour. From brown, to a rarer colour like abyss? Would make sense. Alot of sense. Would be easy to do, etc etc.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

This. Quivers wouldn’t automatically get the particle skin upon being infused with the 250 ectos the first time. It would require a second infusion with 250 ectos, like the capacitors, to get the particle skin – so all parties would be appeased.

Granted, that would set me another 250 back toward a Legendary, which I probably should have saved, but it would be nice to have the option.

My quiver desires Mist Swirlies. Are you receiving this transmission, oh Devs of Swirlination?

You know, you make a good point. Didn’t even think about that.

And if it was something not too insane, like light mist swirlies, I think I would go for it.

However, I simply couldn’t even take the complete mad king book seriously. A book on fire? It just looks silly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

I made a quiver since I’m lazy and I don’t like fotm that much. Sadly it clipped with my armor/weapons and moved unnaturally when I was running, so it completely ruined the look for me. I transmuted it on top of the flaming halloween book, atleast that can be used as a light source when needed. They should fix those clipping issues, I can imagine how annoying it could be for some who wanted the backpiece only for the look.

in Crafting

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Bumped for Expensive Swirlies.