Placed 4 items in the Forge and recieved nothing in Return

in Crafting

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

As the title says; I put 4 accessory items (they were purchased with karma – the kind that can’t be sold "dis enchanted) or otherwise used, only destroyed) in the Forge, hit the “Forge” button and received nothing in return.

Also possibly relevant to this problem, I had no “recipe” or anything (wasn’t aware there were such things and still not sure if the are necessary for every use of the Forge). This is the first time I’ve attempted to use the Forge. The items were 2 duplicates of the same two items (so still a total of four just a variety of 2 types of item that is) and were of differing level. Pretty sure all four were of the “blue” variety also if that matters.

At the very least I would expect them rejected but the items were I guess “used up” in some fashion but I received no product. I’m assuming any product would show up in my inventory where I had plenty of open slots, if it ends up somewhere else I have no idea where that would be, there definitely isn’t anything new in my bags though. So far as I can tell those 4 items are just plain gone.

I sent in an in game ticket to a GM but, of the dozen or so I’ve sent (pretty much exclusively concerning bugs) I haven’t gotten so much as an acknowledgement on any, kind of doubting I’ll get one for this either so I came here hoping for help. It could be, and I’m hoping, there is just something simple I’ve missed due to my inexperience with the Forge. Any help will be very much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

P.S Should I post this in the bug forums also or maybe just there exclusively? Wasn’t sure exactly which forum this would classify for.

in Crafting

Posted by: Delsaber.1562

Delsaber.1562

I had the same thing happen . I put four random lvl 80 greens in and forged to receive nothing back!

If it would of been higher value items I would be very disappointed

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

I’ll take a look, thanks for the report!

Lead Designer – Living World

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethros.1453

Ethros.1453

It has been like this since launch. I had sent in two bug reports on it, but I had used crafted lvl 80 pieces. I had presumed this was intentional (giving some degree of chance on getting a better item). Is it intentional when putting in max level items?

~Mr. Illuminati
Inspiration is only as good as it’s interpreter

in Crafting

Posted by: PrestonSwain.6219

PrestonSwain.6219

Yea, just report it and write it off. This happened to me with like 3 sets in a row and I sent in a ticket.

They closed it without a response after a week.
I updated it and then 8 days later they sent a response that can be summed up as “too bad”.

I don’t even report bugs anymore, if they don’t care about helping me, I don’t care about helping them.

in Crafting

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

No! We do care! I promise!!

I’m working on getting in fixes for the few instances were the system allows for this, but unfortunately, the fix is going to take some time. It’s not an easy one.

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

So, ultimately, the question for this thread is: is a “nothing” return from the mystic forge a bug or an intended possible result?

I am reading the dev response to say it is a bug: correct?

in Crafting

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

I have always gotten a result of nothing when putting in a karma item into the Mystic Toilet (as a guildmate calls it). As a result, I always make sure that none of the items going in there were purchased with karma.

in Crafting

PrestonSwain.6219

Fixing the bug is only half of the issue. The game has a bug that is literally eating items from players and you have no system available to restore items. “When it’s ready” was the biggest lie ever told. I’m sorry to be so rude, but WoW support makes GW2 support look like monkeys. GW2 is more fun to play, but about 80% of my guild already quit because of how unfinished/untested this game is mixed with how bad the support is.

When my account got hacked in WoW, it took 30 minutes using an automated system to get my account and all of my items returned. Friends who got hacked in GW2? A week minimum to get the account back and the characters are likely permanently gone along with all of their items.

in Crafting

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

It’s not awesome, that’s for sure! :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Had the same issue as OP, except I used 3 rares and the Mystic Forge stone, and received nothing, I submitted a bug report. I won’t use the forge with the stones now, I’m not prepared to lose money buying them stones if the forge doesn’t return anything. Anets unwilling to compensate for losses or even leave feedback on the issue.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Crafting

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

After reading this post and other post’s about the mystic kitten forge if kittening, I have come up with the worst possible scenario imho.
Your going for eternity, the forge has been super nice to you so far (between 50-100 tries for dawn and dusk). You get all your mystic clover’s at about 40% success rate. You also manage to get both sunrise and twilight made.
Now the kicker you find out the 2 other item’s you need, put all 4 item’s into the mystic kitten forge of kittening and get nothing.
There have been report’s of people not getting anything back from the mystic forge, so why can’t it happen when crafting a legendary?

Again this is the absolute worst scenario happening with the mystic forge, great idea very bad implementation.

My 2 cent’s.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

in Crafting

Previous

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

After reading this post and other post’s about the mystic kitten forge if kittening, I have come up with the worst possible scenario imho.
Your going for eternity, the forge has been super nice to you so far (between 50-100 tries for dawn and dusk). You get all your mystic clover’s at about 40% success rate. You also manage to get both sunrise and twilight made.
Now the kicker you find out the 2 other item’s you need, put all 4 item’s into the mystic kitten forge of kittening and get nothing.
There have been report’s of people not getting anything back from the mystic forge, so why can’t it happen when crafting a legendary?

Again this is the absolute worst scenario happening with the mystic forge, great idea very bad implementation.

My 2 cent’s.

I’ll tell you why it can’t happen. Because the issue is in certain instances in the recipe database that deal with chucking random items in. None of the specific recipes have this issue. ESPECIALLY not the Legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

Well that’s good to know, thank you for the swift reply.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

in Crafting

Posted by: Vigil.3408

Vigil.3408

Linsey, may I ask if the drop/loot chance for a Pre-cursor is ever going to be elaborated on? Or is it something that’s going to be left intentionally ambiguous for the community to figure out?

Disregard. Just saw this.

Interesting.

(edited by Moderator)

in Crafting

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Haha, glad i decided not to go for the exotics

wasted 20 masterwork trinkets (all kinds), could be worse.

Funny though, about 20 minutes ago I’ve been transmuting exotic armor with forge stones and it worked perfectly…still I’m a little scared of using the exotics now…

Can anybody confirm it happened with armor/weapons as well?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

Fixing the bug is only half of the issue. The game has a bug that is literally eating items from players and you have no system available to restore items. “When it’s ready” was the biggest lie ever told. I’m sorry to be so rude, but WoW support makes GW2 support look like monkeys. GW2 is more fun to play, but about 80% of my guild already quit because of how unfinished/untested this game is mixed with how bad the support is.

When my account got hacked in WoW, it took 30 minutes using an automated system to get my account and all of my items returned. Friends who got hacked in GW2? A week minimum to get the account back and the characters are likely permanently gone along with all of their items.

And how many years did it take Blizzard to develop this type of support and recovery system?

FYI, Blizzard also outsources their customer support. The issue is not that Arenanet does not have the tools, it’s that they do not have the time or staff yet to handle supporting requests for rollbacks on characters.

They are at their limit already with many other very legitimate account issues that need to be resolved first before they can even start to think about adding to the list of ‘support’ features. They are working on this, rest assured. They’re hiring new staff as fast as they can, and I am more than certain they’re expanding the capability and the tools available to their support staff as needed and as fast as possible.

Sure it would be ideal to have a system like this that is automated, but developing that also takes time, and doing it right, putting it through QA, etc also takes time. Give them a break. Yes it sucks if you get hacked and lose your items. Yes it sucks if the forge eats things. Is it the end of the world in either scenario? No.

As for the ‘when it’s ready’ thing being a lie I don’t agree. The game has its issues, sure, but it’s far from being unplayable. So you don’t use the mystic forge for a few weeks til they fix it? Big deal? There’s a thousand other things you could be doing.

Arenanet is not perfect, no company is, but they are trying hard and there’s no reason to treat them like crap. They’re people just like you, who have feelings just like you, and are frustrated with bugs, just like you. Having unrealistic expectations helps no one.

in Crafting

PrestonSwain.6219

>And how many years did it take Blizzard to develop this type of support and recovery system?

This right here is a bad argument. It doesn’t matter how long it took them. They have it NOW, ANet has to compete with what they have at this moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Technically there’s a rollback system in GW1. Although I think it’s more they just save your character info into backups ever so often.

in Crafting

Posted by: Moridin.3041

Moridin.3041

Being unable to refund items is total crap.
I’ve completely quit games where I’ve lost anything significant without being able to get it back, and while I do rather love GW2, if I spend a lot of time / effort creating / getting something and I lose it to a glitch, and I’m told
“Go kitten yourself because there is the slight possibility of a hacker using this to generate items and therefore, I cannot compensate you”
that’s gonna be it for me, and I’ll be sure that every gamer I know knows it.

On a side note, if stuff is gonna be glitched, players need to have some way of knowing other than digging through bug reports, or doing it only to find out for themselves, post a list of known bugs, or add tooltips or communicate the problem in some way.
Kitten.

EDIT:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Received-items-i-didnt-order/first#post340651
So you can generate gems, which can be sold directly for gold quickly.
But you cannot generate items?
Really?
What happens when the mythical hacker you are so worried about gets into your gem system and kittens up the economy that way?

(edited by Moridin.3041)

in Crafting

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I posted a similar bug in-game today – same problem as OP, 4 Orders of Whisper put in, nothing back – 4K of Karma waved good-bye. Only I was stupid enough to do it again to verify that it was a ‘feature’ rather than a one-off bug. So make that 8K Karma waved good-bye.

So – is this on the Things To Do list or being completely ignored?

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in Crafting

Posted by: Deekers.2031

Deekers.2031

Same thing just happened to me in the mystic forge, put in 4 yellow quality items, they were random drops I acquired while adventuring that I had saved, got back nothing.

If we are going to get nothing back, we should not be able to hit the forge button.

in Crafting

Posted by: Xym.9417

Xym.9417

Ahh the good old Mystic Flush. I think this is better than getting some random crap back, it blatantly informs you what you are doing. I’m sorry, this is just a horrid design. GW2 has some great stuff, but the fact they need the mystic flush to eat everything just to give some sense of an economy is sad.

in Crafting

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

I think it would be a funny easter egg if ANet just turned the forge button into a toilet handle.

That’s what I would do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

Just to add another one…happened to me also with rare hammer (think I “flushed” in 4 Rampager’s Hammer of Ice)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

No, zippo burntfur.9307 , don’t worry. Eternity works even better. Gives you back eternity and sunrise again boe, so think, you can recraft it and sell eternity for 1500g

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Voltaire.8369

Voltaire.8369

I just experienced this problem. I placed 4 rare crafted level 80 earrings into the MF and received nothing in return.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

And how many years did it take Blizzard to develop this type of support and recovery system?

FYI, Blizzard also outsources their customer support. The issue is not that Arenanet does not have the tools, it’s that they do not have the time or staff yet to handle supporting requests for rollbacks on characters.

They are at their limit already with many other very legitimate account issues that need to be resolved first before they can even start to think about adding to the list of ‘support’ features. They are working on this, rest assured. They’re hiring new staff as fast as they can, and I am more than certain they’re expanding the capability and the tools available to their support staff as needed and as fast as possible.

Sure it would be ideal to have a system like this that is automated, but developing that also takes time, and doing it right, putting it through QA, etc also takes time. Give them a break. Yes it sucks if you get hacked and lose your items. Yes it sucks if the forge eats things. Is it the end of the world in either scenario? No.

As for the ‘when it’s ready’ thing being a lie I don’t agree. The game has its issues, sure, but it’s far from being unplayable. So you don’t use the mystic forge for a few weeks til they fix it? Big deal? There’s a thousand other things you could be doing.

Arenanet is not perfect, no company is, but they are trying hard and there’s no reason to treat them like crap. They’re people just like you, who have feelings just like you, and are frustrated with bugs, just like you. Having unrealistic expectations helps no one.

This is the biggest cop out ever. First, Support flat out tells you they don’t have tools to restore items. Recently this may have changed with the “Armor Box” mail out. Second, any company releasing such an anticipated title such as GW2, should have more than enough support staff on hand to filter and handle the massive amount of tickets that will come in. It’s called hiring temp staff. Big companies do it all the time: hire a bunch of temps for release, let ticket load die out a bit as things get worked out, temps contract end and move along nicely. Third, just because one company has had more time to develop something does not mean another company isn’t expected to be held to the first’s standards. Think about it a minute. They’ve had all the time in the world under the guise of “when it’s done”, but opted to do it this way. Bugs may not be a big deal individually, but they add up and how they are dealt with is huge factor.

Sorry for the rant. I’m just so sick of the “ArenaNet can do no wrong” attitude. They messed up, time for them to owe up and deal with it. The first step toward recovery is admitting you have a problem.

And yes, my wife has experienced the bug mentioned in this thread. We’ve both taken the attitude of only Forging known (and well tested) recipes.

in Crafting

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

it just happened to me like OP, placed 4 karma accessories in forge and nothing in return

in Crafting

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

The mystic forge is a mechanism which has so much potential and is so poorly implemented.

It has to potential to help get rid of the excess supply of many items thus raising their prices in the TP and making them viable.

But most players are cost concious, not dumb gamblers. When you put stuff in the forge a couple of times and get nothing, or something less than1/10th value of what you put in, the incentive to use it is gone almost permanently.

It really should also allow you to put practically anything in and give a result that is at least in the ballpark of the value of the items going in, with a small chance of getting something great. All of a sudden you will see the forge being used way more and cheap items like butter and candy corn being bought to use in the forge. It would be an amazing oversupplied item sink.

Obviously, there should be risk reward, meaning if you put a rarer item in, the probability of getting something really good goes up.

I don’t think that should be very hard to program when the result is random, just do a database lookup of average prices and throw out something that is in the same price range less a certain % to make up for the great items that will occassionally popup.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I thought that was normal o.o

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I was just going to post about this exact thing. Didn’t even use karma items (got them off the TP).

/sigh

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolfhammer.3140

Wolfhammer.3140

I’ve stayed clear of the Mystic Forge as I consider it’s addition a lazy tool to get certain items in and out of the world, precursors being the biggest culprit.

DE’s and renown hearts are all well and good, but I still think there’s room for epic quests that take months to complete kinda like the heritage quests in EQ2. These few quests would certanly be welcome by me and could be used to gain the precursors with a seriously hard dungeon run to gain access to “a mystic forge” of some long lost god in order to craft the full item with the rest of the ingredients.

Hire me ANet and i’ll design some beauties !!

SM – Gandarra

in Crafting

Posted by: SpecialK.8312

SpecialK.8312

Will this be rectified proactively by Anet or will we have to log support tickets?

I had this a couple of days ago but can’t remember what I put in.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

This bug still exists, just happened to me with 4 level 80 masterwork accessories.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

Ok can this be please looked at coze I just lost 8 rares in a row getting nothing back and this is 4th time it happened to me.

in Crafting

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

Today I learned you can put Karma-purchased items in the Mystic Forge.

So much for the dozens and dozens I destroyed because they were unsellable, soulbound, useless and taking up space.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It has to potential to help get rid of the excess supply of many items thus raising their prices in the TP and making them viable.

Well, giving nothing in return does serve the main function of removing items from circulation rather well, don’t you think? Also, the whole Mystic Toilet seems to be in general designed to remove more than it gives back (on average of course). The long-term net result is supposed to be negative.

The only reason why anyone would want to use it is because some things just cannot be gained from other sources.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Put 4 masterwork level Soldier’s Field Guide (from Fractals) into the forge resulted in no return; tried only once. Just adding to your data compilations.