Plant harvesting is very inconsistent

in Crafting

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Plant harvesting, for cooking ingredients, is a bit of a mess. I’m around level 60 at this point, working through Sparkfly, and for a while now they have been very random. I frequently need harvesting tools one grade above the other crafts (ie mythril sickles in areas where Darksteel ones work just fine for metals and woods), and whether I’ll need them or not is kind of random, with some types of nodes requiring those high level tools, and others requiring much lower level ones (and therefore wasting money on using the higher class ones to harvest).

I would prefer to see some more consistency in what tools are needed, and/or to have a specific visual feedback as to what level of tool is required to harvest each node, without having to trial-and-error it or look it up online.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Crafting

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

If you hover over the gathering tool in your Hero panel, it will tell you what resources it’s used for harvesting (so no need for trial and error, or internet searches)

I tend to carry a selection of gathering tools, and check they’re appropriate as I approach the node (of course you do get the occasional “ruined plant fibre”, LOL

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

in Crafting

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

I just use one thats high enough to get everything in that zone and lower. They arent very expensive.

Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Makku.8203

Makku.8203

Once I got to 80 all I really use are mithril and orich tools, since they both can be bought for quite a small amount of Karma and I have enough issues with bank space without trying to have a few of each type.

Ofcourse, if you are not 80 this doesn’t apply. If you check the tooltip it tells you the types of plants that the tool is used for, never had an issue with ruined plant fibres unless I was just being a numpty and trying to get an omnom berry with a mithril tool :P

M