Please.. Account-bound Crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

I would really love this to happen, 3 of my characters have 400 Chef (this when the game was fairly new and I was a newb).

Anyway Arenanet you can do something?

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

What about those who use crafting to level? I leveled cooking to 400 on 3 different chars, two of them to get those levels. A guildie recently got the last few levels of his newest char to 80 by crafting.

Just because you got yours and you don’t need it anymore doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be available for people leveling now.

No, ANet doesn’t need to do anything. It’s fine the way it is.

in Crafting

Posted by: HallusH.3987

HallusH.3987

What is it going to change beside not allow people to use that for leveling past 1 time each?

in Crafting

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

Each character can have all 8 crafts. I’m not sure why this would need to be changed to account bound.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

What about those who use crafting to level? I leveled cooking to 400 on 3 different chars, two of them to get those levels. A guildie recently got the last few levels of his newest char to 80 by crafting.

Just because you got yours and you don’t need it anymore doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be available for people leveling now.

Maybe we could choose to get retroactive XP for the crafting levels we have. Then we get cooking to 400 once and then get 8 levels on all of our characters.

in Crafting

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

Sounds good for me purely for the convenience of not swapping professions/characters.

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Stop. Being. Lazy.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Crafting

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

Maybe we could choose to get retroactive XP for the crafting levels we have. Then we get cooking to 400 once and then get 8 levels on all of our characters.

Yay, I can now go from 1 to 80 compltely freely for completely no reason.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I would prefer account bound crafting. I acknowledge that other people prefer character bound crafting so that they can use it to level (that is the only benefit of having it set up that way).

Obviously, I value my own preference over that of others :P

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

Ascended weapons and made account bound making account crafting useless the only real things account bound crafting would do is to remove a way to level (Not that leveling isn’t easy enough already).

Anet give us new skills!

in Crafting

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

I would prefer account bound crafting. I acknowledge that other people prefer character bound crafting so that they can use it to level (that is the only benefit of having it set up that way).

Obviously, I value my own preference over that of others :P

This

It would also be possible to make simply every craft give xp, however high it is. Currently lower tiered stuff already gives lower xp numbers, so I would not see any problem. You could still craft for xp on any char. And max lvl items still give xp on max character level.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

This

It would also be possible to make simply every craft give xp, however high it is. Currently lower tiered stuff already gives lower xp numbers, so I would not see any problem. You could still craft for xp on any char. And max lvl items still give xp on max character level.

Actually, that’s a really good idea. Move the crafting level and recipes to account wide and change the XP system so that it gets rewarded for the crafting, not the leveling/discovering. Best of both worlds!

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Morsus.5106

Yay, I can now go from 1 to 80 compltely freely for completely no reason.

Better than removing crafting XP completely. Making it just account bound is a horrible decision, but XP based off of the item crafted instead of getting XP for levelling up isn’t a half bad idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Or for more balance, make crafting account bound but remove the bonus xp that goes towards character level. If you’re only going to be getting master crafter once, there’s no point having bonus character xp.

in Crafting

Morsus.5106

Or for more balance, make crafting account bound but remove the bonus xp that goes towards character level. If you’re only going to be getting master crafter once, there’s no point having bonus character xp.

But why would you ever want to get rid of XP?

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I kind of enjoy leveling two crafting professions with each character I develop, only the crazy high cost of materials now hinders that. I just which EACH level 450 character could do the daily time gated crafting so that I could get some payoff besides experience for doing this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

How about a gemstore item that lets you move a crafting proffesion from a character to another? I would sooo Love this, As my guardian is only still alive cuz he holds my Tailoring xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Recipes should be account bound even if crafting profession is not. You could level up your characters with the crafting but at least have access to all the recipes you have encountered on your travels. You will still have to level up to be able use those recipes.

in Crafting

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Recipes should be account bound even if crafting profession is not. You could level up your characters with the crafting but at least have access to all the recipes you have encountered on your travels. You will still have to level up to be able use those recipes.

Are recipes not account bound at the moment? If not I’ve made the wrong assumption! I’ve been buying the recipes from Karma merchants on my main for all the crafting disciplines as the items say they are account bound. If the recipe only unlock for the character that consumes it then that’s a disappointment, I thought it’s unlock the recipe for all chars on my account.

in Crafting

Morsus.5106

Are recipes not account bound at the moment? If not I’ve made the wrong assumption! I’ve been buying the recipes from Karma merchants on my main for all the crafting disciplines as the items say they are account bound. If the recipe only unlock for the character that consumes it then that’s a disappointment, I thought it’s unlock the recipe for all chars on my account.

The recipe sheet can be traded, but once it’s used it’s on that one character only.

in Crafting

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

The recipe sheet can be traded, but once it’s used it’s on that one character only.

Ah, ok. Makes sense I guess given that crafting is character bound. I’ll just have to go get those recipes again for my alts.