Please add "Commission" to crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Please allow crafter’s to “Commission” items using someone else’s materials and the crafters.

This is a staple feature in most games and would be a nice edition to GW2, especially with the new items coming out.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Crafting

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Or just charge for your service.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You want the gear but don’t have the mats. Your options are:
1. Farm the mats and make the gear.
2. Buy the mats and make the gear.
3. Buy the gear at current asking price (if any are available for sale).
4. Place a buy order (a “commission”) for the gear or the mats and if reasonable, someone will fill it.

I don’t think we need any more ways to get a crafted item.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t understand what you mean by commission here. A commission to me if someone sends another person mats and that person then crafts the item for a fee. You can do this now if you trust the person. Are you asking for something else? Asking for a secure, non scammable way to do this? When you are talking about a feature in other games you might want to define it first.

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t understand what you mean by commission here. A commission to me if someone sends another person mats and that person then crafts the item for a fee. You can do this now if you trust the person. Are you asking for something else? Asking for a secure, non scammable way to do this? When you are talking about a feature in other games you might want to define it first.

I think its the latter he’s asking for. A way for one player to “give permission” to another player, which would then let that player use the other player’s items to craft something, then automatically give it to the other character.

For example, Player A is a 400 skill Tailor. Player B has no tailoring skills and wants an Exotic level 80 chest piece. Player B has the items required to make said item. The two players open some kind of dialogue box where Player A requests a certain amount of gold, Player B accepts the gold amount. Now Player A has access to Player B’s inventory and can craft the item directly using Player B’s crafting mats, but without having to send the items through the mail. Player A crafts the item, and it gets sent to Player B automatically on completion.

At least that’d be me understanding of the situation. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a system like this in another game personally, though I’ve only played like one other MMO (Star Wars Galaxies back in the days before it turned to crap) so I don’t really have much experience.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

If I follow the ascended update properly, people will need to craft their own gear, so either they need to level crafting to 500 (which currently, looks like it may be profitable or nearly so, but that will change when the update hits the market), or they need a way for someone else to craft account bound items for them…. Which isn’t going to happen as near as I can tell.

//Portable Corpse

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think its the latter he’s asking for. A way for one player to “give permission” to another player, which would then let that player use the other player’s items to craft something, then automatically give it to the other character.

For example, Player A is a 400 skill Tailor. Player B has no tailoring skills and wants an Exotic level 80 chest piece. Player B has the items required to make said item. The two players open some kind of dialogue box where Player A requests a certain amount of gold, Player B accepts the gold amount. Now Player A has access to Player B’s inventory and can craft the item directly using Player B’s crafting mats, but without having to send the items through the mail. Player A crafts the item, and it gets sent to Player B automatically on completion.

At least that’d be me understanding of the situation. I can’t say I’ve ever seen a system like this in another game personally, though I’ve only played like one other MMO (Star Wars Galaxies back in the days before it turned to crap) so I don’t really have much experience.

If you have to send them the gold first then you still have to trust them to make your item and not just keep the gold and do nothing. Not particularly an improvement as you can still be scammed. Since its scammable my guess ANet won’t put such a feature in as they never put in player-to-player trading for that reason.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Active Guilds FTW…

Not sure which side of the fence the OP falls on… but if it’s the "I’m serious into RP’ing a crafter but not motivated enough to actually Advertise my services like the rest of humanity has done for the past millennia " ….then I dunno what to tell ’em.
Get used to disappointment?

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Crafting

Daecollo.9578

What I am asking for:

I am a serious combat player who has the items to craft this ascended piece of gear (Example.)

I go to a smith and commission (A window pops up.) I put my resources into the window, and he crafts it for me, for a set amount of gold.

Is that too much to ask? People have been doing this for centurys.

in Crafting

Posted by: eveleaf.4132

eveleaf.4132

“This is a staple feature in most games”

Not being snide…but which games? I’ve played at least eight other MMO’s (that I can think of off the top of my head) and not a one of them has had this feature.

Maybe it’s a good idea, and maybe it isn’t. But you’re not helping your argument by saying “most games” when you really mean “this one other game I played three years ago.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

EQ2 had a great commission system, I wish we had it here. The commissioner would give the crafter materials through a specific trade window, and the crafting would be started from that window. If the crafter succeeded, it went straight to teh commissioner’s inventory and returned any leftover mats. If the crafter cancelled, all the mats were returned to the commissioner – there was zero room for scamming people and was clean and quick. You didn’t physically ‘give’ the other person mats.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Crafting

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

I’m not really sure what this system would give that isn’t already there, in terms of money and effort. You have the mats? You can just as easily sell them and use the money to buy the gear. Big difference between the prices? That’s the commission.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I’m not really sure what this system would give that isn’t already there, in terms of money and effort. You have the mats? You can just as easily sell them and use the money to buy the gear. Big difference between the prices? That’s the commission.

I think the suggestion is more tailored to the new max crafting level, since you can’t trade the ascended things, and you would be able to commission a high-level crafter to make you the non-tradeable ascended things.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Crafting

Daecollo.9578

I think the suggestion is more tailored to the new max crafting level, since you can’t trade the ascended things, and you would be able to commission a high-level crafter to make you the non-tradeable ascended things.

Yep.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

What I am asking for:

I am a serious combat player who has the items to craft this ascended piece of gear (Example.)

I go to a smith and commission (A window pops up.) I put my resources into the window, and he crafts it for me, for a set amount of gold.

Every piece of gear my Guardian owns, I got someone else to craft it for me that way.
(for free) ..Like I said: Guilds FTW.

in Crafting

Daecollo.9578

What I am asking for:

Every piece of gear my Guardian owns, I got someone else to craft it for me that way.
(for free) ..Like I said: Guilds FTW.

To bad you won’t be able to get people to craft for you the new gear. :/

in Crafting

Daecollo.9578

Bumping this because its a good idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

To bad you won’t be able to get people to craft for you the new gear. :/

Actually, it kinda sounds like ppl can craft it for you.

“This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.”

Taken straight from: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Eventhough all ascended items have been account-bound in the past, this new ascended gear seems like it might be sellable, to make crafting better and a source of income.

BTW, getting to lvl 400 crafting isn’t expensive. depending on the type of crafting it takes between 8g-18g to get to lvl 400. If you can soon generate income from it, you might want to consider learning the crafting yourself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

I wonder if it won’t make rich people even richer…

400 to 500 may require some expensive materials, since ANet said it will be worthwhile to sell stuff on the AH at 500.

But right now, I wonder if crafting is really worth it, except for leveling your character. I finished leveling up my warrior from 65 to 78 with weaponsmith and armorsmith, then I checked the AH because it was “cheaper” (gw2spidy) to buy from it instead of crafting my gear. But I didn’t buy crafted gear, I bought named armor and weapons, they were cheaper and came with runes and sigils.

The only thing I didn’t buy are trinkets, because I may end up using laurel amulette and rings from fractals at some point, I just bought some cheap greens.

in Crafting

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

Easy: Send your mats via mail to the person you want to craft it.
We don’t need a trade option, and you can commission by providing your own mats.

As for crafting: Levelled Hunstman today. Wasted a tonne of gold just trying to level it. It’s definately one of the most expensive. In my experience I have found cheffing and Jeweler to be the fastest/cheapest, with Cheffing costing just over 2g to level to 400 and never having to leave LA!

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

In my experience I have found cheffing and Jeweler to be the fastest/cheapest, with Cheffing costing just over 2g to level to 400 and never having to leave LA!

It also helps to have a main character for gathering the resources (for all crafting disciplines) so you never have to leave LA for 400 in each craft.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”