Please fix Karma merchant from double selling items I have already purchased.

in Crafting

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

I just wasted several thousand Karma points buying recipes that I already unlocked. I just finished with my Leather Worker and wanted to buy the same recipes for Tailor, but I had no way of knowing that they were already unlocked on my account.
This needs to be fixed so that you can either sell them back to the vendor, or the ones already purchased needs to be greyed out. I am so upset right now, all of my hard earned Karma points wasted!

in Crafting

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

When I look over karma recipes that I’ve already learned, it tells me that I already know them.

in Crafting

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

So the recipes you purchase from vendor will unlock for all crafting disciplines and all characters for your account, is this correct?

in Crafting

Posted by: fijea.3072

fijea.3072

I don’t think so..I have maxed lvl tailoring and leatherworker and I still have to buy the recipes..
I’m not anywhere near my computer atm, I’ll double check just to make sure..

@OP
You should’ve pay more attention when buying the recipe – like Rore posted above, it says wether you already unlocked the recipe or not..

in Crafting

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

I expect that most people spread their crafting out over 4 or more characters The problem occurs when one character is buying recipes for other characters mastering disciplines they don’t have. Remembering each and every recipe you’ve ever purchased is beyond most of us and it is cumbersome to have to swap characters to check whether a given recipe has already been learned.

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

I expect that most people spread their crafting out over 4 or more characters The problem occurs when one character is buying recipes for other characters mastering disciplines they don’t have. Remembering each and every recipe you’ve ever purchased is beyond most of us and it is cumbersome to have to swap characters to check whether a given recipe has already been learned.

Try pen and paper. Or check the karma merchant with the character that is intended to learn the recipe, even if they cannot afford the karma cost.

I do not think that merchants should be querying characters I am not on just to provide this little convenience, that just seems impractical.

in Crafting

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

@forever: Yes and no.

If your tradeskills uses the same insignia, you only have to buy it once and it will unlock for the tradeskills it lists for that specific character only. It will NOT unlock for a different character.

None of the recipes unlock on the account level—only the character level.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I find it simpler to just dedicate one crafting skill to each character, and have that character only ever purchase recipes relating to that crafting skill. Of course, this method will not work for you if you don’t have a severe case of alt-itis like I do.