Please let us Salvage Ascended gear

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Seeing my bank get more and more full of useless ascended rings, can you please allow salvaging of these items. It be nice to have a chance at getting more ecto or various mist essences.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

Yep, would love to see that too =)

in Crafting

Posted by: BOSSMAN.2647

BOSSMAN.2647

I would like that to. As I have 18 rings sitting in my bank and my two ALTs have ascended rings already.

What would be nice if we can trade them in for laurels.

in Crafting

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

y have 26 rings doing nothing in the bank

in Crafting

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

My bank is getting full of ascended rings which im not going to use. Why are we not allowed to salvage them?

in Crafting

Posted by: Angel.4581

Angel.4581

Seconed, or thirded or whatever, would like to see them being salvageble as well, same with the rare backitems that drop like candy in Fractals..

in Crafting

Posted by: Hilda Raven.8641

Hilda Raven.8641

Yes please, im so tired of these locked items that just build up.

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Or, let is sell them to the mercant selling them, for fractal relics.. I could need a couple of obsidian shards or skill points

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yep, Ectoplasms just keep rising and rising in price. Allowing us to get 5 Ectos from an Ascended ring seems more than fair.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

It is funny how they just ignored relics, pristine relics and rings now that people are finally starting to have too many of them. Feels like anet wants to punish us who farmed fractals in hopes of future content there so that our time wasnt worth it. What a nice feeling.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Heck let us mystic forge them. Just let us get rid of them instead of vendoring it.

in Crafting

Posted by: WetWookie.1687

WetWookie.1687

I’d love to be able to mystic forge 4 of them to get 10 pristine relics.

in Crafting

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Having 19 ascended rings i dig this suggestion. Let us salvage them. It seems such a waste to merch them.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: florida.7540

florida.7540

Can we add Salvaging soul bound items to that? It is a shame to destroy them when they are no longer useful.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Let us do SOMETHING with them, other than sell for the 4s. Soon I will need to create an alt just to hold all my ascended rings. Salvage would be nice, at the very least an MF recipe that eats up 4 of them at a time for something useful (no, not a 5th ascended ring).

in Crafting

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

Ideally I would like to see something like this:

4 Ascended Rings in MF → 1 Random Infused Ascended Ring
4 Infused Ascended Rings in MF → 1 Random Fractal Weapon skin (rarity loss aside)

IMO this would make everyone happy without making the skins too easy to get, and people would have something to spend excess pristine relics on. Of course, I will be happy with any solution ArenaNet comes up with, as long as there IS a solution and we’re not just left in limbo

in Crafting

Posted by: Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Nymphetamine Ovrdse.7513

Agree, please let us do something with these rings

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

cheap ectos and a crashed economy for a few days. I love it please do it.
cant you sell them of a few silver?

in Crafting

Posted by: Ninth Requiem.3250

Ninth Requiem.3250

cheap ectos and a crashed economy for a few days. I love it please do it.
cant you sell them of a few silver?

With the drop chance + relic exchange, there’d have to give a crazy amount of salvaged ectos to even put a dent in ecto prices.
Given that a 10 minute CoF run will get you 0-6 ecto from token rewards, and yet ecto prices are still on the rise, I’m not sure what you think salvaging rings is going to achieve.

in Crafting

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

If it followed the current setup for MF/Salvage of exotics:

4 Ascended rings into MF-> 1 Random Ascended ring with a chance (25%?) for a random Infused Ring

4 Infused Rings into MF -> 1 Random Infused ring with a chance for a random fractal weapon skin

Salvage one Ascended (or Infused Ring) = Chance for 0-3 ectos and several fractal relics. Chance for a Pristine Relic, depending on quality of salvage kit used.

(edited by Spifnar.4712)

in Crafting

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

A very simple solution, right click destroy…

No more problem…

in Crafting

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Why would you destroy them when you can vendor them for 5s? And vendoring ascended gear seems like such a waste, I agree that they should let us salvage them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

A very simple solution, right click destroy…

No more problem…

So your solution is to ignore the problem? Gotcha. . .

in Crafting

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

As much as it pains me, I’ve started to sell the rings I get. I can’t dedicate more than 1 bank tab to them. I’d love to exchange all 30 of those for the 1 fractal skin I want. I do have a feeling that fractal armor will be coming at one point and hope to god I’ll be able to salvage the rings for shards/relics to obtain the armor. If armor does come along, they should be SB/AB, just like the current Dungeon armors.

I love the “4 Infused Rings into MF for a random Fractal skins” idea, but if it has the same RNG as the Precursors, no thanks.

The way it works now, rings are like bonus items for completing a Fractals daily. A extra reward on top of the things you get from the chest. It’s always rewarding. MF is not, you gamble and when you lose you lose and go away empty handed.

My shinies :

Attachments:

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Or to recognize the problem is they are so incredibly COMMON once you start doing higher level fractals that they cannot be compared to Exotics in terms of salvage value.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: OwlMind.7510

OwlMind.7510

Want to do SOMETHING with useless ascended rings. Let i can salvage, sell or use it for mystic forge. It’s wrong that i can only delete them or sell for 4s to merchant.><

in Crafting

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Would LOVE to have SOMETHING to do with my rings besides dump them in storage

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Crafting

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I’m in agreement with these folks. Selling an ascended ring for 4s is decidedly un-epic. Thus, we keep them in storage. And there, they pile up.

Salvage or Mystic Forge is the way to go here, probably.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or to recognize the problem is they are so incredibly COMMON once you start doing higher level fractals that they cannot be compared to Exotics in terms of salvage value.

Yes, they cannot. You can get a (possibly) one ring per day per tier. rares are much more common, and they add up to significantly more ecto than anything we could get from rings’ salvage anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Riven.4276

Riven.4276

Ascended rings are at the top of the hierarchy of items. It would only make sense that salvaging them would give more materials than rares and exotics. Also, they are exclusively dropped from FotM. So they should probably provide some of the crafting goods which are exclusive to the Mists as well (fractal relics, pristine fractal relics, shards of mist essence, globs mist essence, or vials of mist essence).

Only benefit from collecting ascended rings = 4 silver… strikes me as not very “ascended.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

Due to how much more common these are than exotics i think the only thing that should be obtained from salvaging these is the Pristine Relic – At least then this gives you the chance to buy what you want ( and hopefully there will be more things to purchase with pristines in the coming months)

All these threds showing full bank tabs of rings shows you just how common they are – Albeit to some people – I’m still waiting for my first to drop after 40+ runs at level 10, the joys of RNG

(edited by Prezzy.2783)

in Crafting

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I’d say their rarity is more on par with Rare drops, and thus deserve to crank out up to 3 ectos if salvaged.

That decision is rather out of our hands though, I suppose.

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Well, rares are super common to people that grind CoF, but you don’t have people calling for rares to only drop, at most, one ecto.

Three days of doing CoF, I can feel half a bank tab with rares you know…

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Prezzy.2783

Woah really? A whole 15 rares in 3 days – bro, 3 hours in Cursed shore in some MF armour and i can pul 10.

Rares are nothing once you reach 80.

in Crafting

Posted by: viespeadivina.7961

viespeadivina.7961

Also dont forget back items, those cant be salvaged also. Still no official response ? Ecto price is going up, up, up. Salvaging ascended item could tone it down, maybe….

in Crafting

Prezzy.2783

Ecto should start steadily dropping now that Orr has been Re-vamped…. Don’t know about your server but here on Underworld Cursed shore is now a hive of activity.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

The problem isn’t that they can’t be salvaged. The problem is that they’re dropping like candy, which shouldn’t be the case. They should be purchasable-only.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

in Crafting

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I have my fingers crossed this is on the patch.

Back when I started fractals and had no idea what I was doing, I crafted a Precise Infusion and stuck it on an infused ring, not knowing that (a) infusions would disappear once infused in the Mystic Forge, and (b) how unnecessary and ludicrously expensive +5 stat infusions are compared to basic +5ar infusions bought with relics.

Logically, if you could salvage ascended equipment, it would work just like anything else – use a good kit, and you have a high chance of getting the upgrade off of it.

Which, considering how crazy expensive that infusion was to craft, would be nice…

Fingers crossed.

in Crafting

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

Sorry but I had to

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lmao, that’s pretty much true. I can’t even give it to my guildies.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: soundbyte.7619

soundbyte.7619

Please please please. It’d be nice to be able to salvage an ascended trinket to get the infusion back too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Would support the idea of salvaging Ascended items for Mist Essence (which could be one of the T7 materials, for all we know).