in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

1+1 = potato

Post your legendary progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: WraithBandit.1657

WraithBandit.1657

Good luck with your Legendary weapons folks!

This Norn decided he’d like to swing Twilight around.

At the moment, I have the Gift of Mastery and Gift of Metal. I also took the 10x gamble with the Mystic Toilet and had some supreme success! 80 Mystic Clovers in 12×10 goes! Also have the Gift of Ascalon.

At present, I’m doing as many dragons as possible, and when not in WvWvW, and farming and salvaging absolutely everything, running dungeons and basically trying to rack the gold up. With the farming/salvaging, the Gifts of Might & Magic will come.

What is worrying me most is the actual precursor. Thinking I’ll grab that when I finally have the money as then, the buying of the Lodestones and Icy Runestones won’t seem like such a big deal.

Good luck to all!!

Only the dead have seen the end of war – Plato
Proud member of Avatar Dynasty (AVTR) FA
Warrior-Mesmer

(edited by WraithBandit.1657)

in Crafting

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

1. I’m going for Howler
2. I have Gift of Exploration, Gift of Wood, Wolf Statue, Gift of Thorns, and I’m close (maybe a week away) to Gift of Battle.
3. I’m working towards fully completing the Gift of Howler (need gold for the Icy Runestones) and then farm my kitten off to get the T6 mats and the Ectos. Also, I’m still missing the precursor.
4. Adition information: I hate WvW and the kitten tokens. T_T

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

in Crafting

Posted by: Darkmind.7516

Darkmind.7516

Going for “The Dreamer” either to keep or sell for a different legendary, I have not decided.

I currently need
86 Icy Runes
232 Globs of Ectoplasm

I have everything else. Feel free to send me any ectos you dont need haha.

in Crafting

Posted by: nico.1240

nico.1240

Trying to get Sunrise…

I have everything…..except the precursor. I have never managed to loot one, or in chest and I have already lost 100g in mystic forge.

I have 250 g in bank and I would like to avoid spending it for the precursor.

Precursor should be “the beginning” of the story, unfortunately for me it is the latest part.

I will be off the next 3 weeks….hope that Anet will announce the Precursor Hunt during that period to give me hope !!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Zero.2085

Zero.2085

Im trying to get Twilight:
What i have:
Gift of Mastery
Gift of Twilight
200+ mystic coin, 200+ philosopher stones, 200+ obsidian shards
33 mystic clover

all i need now are ectos and the precursor but that will be hard…
it took me for this now about 1/2 year and i don’t want to farm for 1/4 of Twilight the time it took me to get 3/4 of it..

in Crafting

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I’m going for the Flameseeker Prophecies.

All I need is the precursor.

What I get is Zommoros’ ability to troll me with cheap imitations at least 5 times already. Attached image is relevant.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

Hi everyone! Congrats on your progress

1. I’m going for the Bifrost
2. I have.. Well I don’t have any gifts yet, I have:
Gift of Mastery:
-Bloodstone Shard
-250 Obsidian Shards
-Gift of Exploration
-(Need Gift of Battle)
Gift of Fortune:
-Need pretty much everything…
Gift of Bifrost:
-I have my corresponding disciples leveled up, and I bought the recipes
-Need the 100 icy runestones
-Need Gift of Zhaitan
-Need 250 Unidentified Dyes
-Need Crystalline Dust

I know.. it doesn’t seem like much, but I’m trying I have 100g (which I’ll probably save for later, once I get more t6 materials through laurels).

So yeah! That’s where I’m at! Thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Going for the Dreamer.
Got:
-Gift of Mastery
-Gift of the Dreamer
-The Lover
Need:
-121 ectos
-210 T6 totems
-208 T6 bloods.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

(edited by My Sweet Lily.1952)

in Crafting

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

If I were going to get my weapons of choice in Legendary instead of just Exotic I’d be going for Bolt and Frostfang. I have… uhm… nothing towards them at this point.

Question though. When crafting the gifts and such is there a way to get preferred stats? Just curious, as Power/Toughness/Vitality is fine, but I’d prefer to mix it up a bit.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

I’m going for the Flameseeker Prophecies.

All I need is the precursor.

What I get is Zommoros’ ability to troll me with cheap imitations at least 5 times already. Attached image is relevant.

I also got Imryldyeen two or three times while trying to get The Legend from the forge. orz

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Currently I’m at this:

1. Frostfang
2. Gift of Mastery, Gift of Frostfang, Tooth of Frostfang
3. Gift of Fortune
[X] – 77 Mystic Clovers
[X] – 250 Globs of Ectoplasm
[ ] – Gift of Might
[ ] – Gift of Magic

Literally all I need is 250 of some of the remaining T6 materials and I’ll have my next legendary. Been farming CS a bit, but given that I can’t dedicate too many hours a day I make progress rather slowly. I will probably break down and just buy the materials eventually, but I’m hoping to avoid that until a downturn in the market.

4. I accept donations if anyone loves me enough! <3 /shameless plug

Nah but really, good luck to everyone working on their legendary items. I’ll probably turn around and sell my Frostfang once I make it, but it will have been a fun adventure collecting the stuff for it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

got the incinerator yesterday, wasted 128 gold on making spark by forge….walla!!….

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Just crafted my twilight today.

in Crafting

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Just crafted my twilight today.

Congrats !

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Bifrost. Just need some ectos and precursor

in Crafting

Posted by: Mitoman.1965

Mitoman.1965

Bifrost. Precursor missing!

in Crafting

Posted by: Perses God.4621

Perses God.4621

1. Which legendary are you going for?
The Juggernaut

2. Do you have any gifts?
Gift of Mastery & Gift of Fortune

3. Which gift are you working on? And how far have you come on it?

Only need 30 more icy runestones to complete gift of the juggernaut!

Then its just time to farm for more gold to either save up for the The Colossus or to throw some rares/exotics into the mystic forge. (may be awhile lol)

(edited by Perses God.4621)

in Crafting

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Kraitkin
Main is a necro and none of the other options seem to fit. I’m also one of the weird people who actually likes underwater combat in this game.

as far as Gifts
Have: Gift of Mastery and Venom
Need: Gift of fortune
[X] 77 clovers
[X] 250 ecto
[X] Gift of might
[ ] Gift of magic – “only” need about 150 bloods
Gift of kraitkin
[ ] 5/100 runestones
[ ] Eel statue – need about 200 scales and need to buy the recipe
[ ] Gift of energy – have mats, just need to buy recipe
[ ] Sigil- um, yeah.

I don’t really enjoy hard-core farming for N hours straight, so it might be a month or so before I actually finish it. Remember- the journey is supposed to be fun!

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

Going for Bolt.
Have:
[x] Zap
[x] Gift of Fortune
[x] Gift of Mastery
[ ] Gift of Bolt
[x] Gift of Metal
[x] Gift of Lightning
[x] Superior Sigil of Air
[ ] Icy Runestone (26/100)

So close I can TASTE it!!!!

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

skar-
I’m in the same exact place as you. just got my zap last night and I’m 70 runestones away from bolt!!!

ahhhhhhh as soon as I turn in my senior engineering project(tomorrow), I’m going to make gold as fast as I can. I estimate 4-5 days from tomorrow I’ll have it and then I’ll be able to pair it up with FSP for extra shiny-ness =]

[edit]
on a related note, my guildie got zap 2 nights ago so we’ll have dual bolts at about the same time. much happiness

(edited by kiba.2768)

in Crafting

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

Getting the mats is the easy part.
Getting the precursor is the problem.

So far I need the precursor to even start on trying to do my pony bow!

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in Crafting

Posted by: Darkmind.7516

Darkmind.7516

I have everything now.. Just sitting waiting to press Forge… I feel like when I do.. its kinda like game over.. q.q

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Do you guys get your items in a specific order, or just as you reach the target for each one?

I am working on Flameseeker Prophecies and currently have the precursor and 550,000 karma, along with some of the other requirements (eg 90% world completion and working on it).

I’m tempted to grab the obsidian shards now and cross them off the list – is that a reasonable idea or is it better to just finish everything up once I reach the final threshold?

Thanks for advice!

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Do you guys get your items in a specific order, or just as you reach the target for each one?

I am working on Flameseeker Prophecies and currently have the precursor and 550,000 karma, along with some of the other requirements (eg 90% world completion and working on it).

I’m tempted to grab the obsidian shards now and cross them off the list – is that a reasonable idea or is it better to just finish everything up once I reach the final threshold?

Thanks for advice!

I think it’s best to focus on getting the World Completion done as quickly as possible – if you see uncaptured points, take them. The karma is actually rather trivial – easily earned while you do other things to farm for the item. Orr farming, for example, gives you needed t6 mats, rares to salvage for ectos, skillpoints, and lots of karma.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Well…

-Gift of Mastery [yes]
-Gift of The Dreamer [yes]
-Gift of Fortune [no]
——— Mystic Clovers [yes]
——— 250 Ectoplasm [yes]
——— Gift of Magic [no]
—————— Pile of Crystalline Dust 250
—————— Powerful Venom Sac 60
—————— Vial of Powerful Blood 62
—————— Elaborate Totem 57
——— Gift of Might [no]
—————— Ancient Bones 250
—————— Vicious Claw 32
—————— Vicious Fang 31
—————— Armored Scale 40
-Precursor [-.- no] [attempts 0]

in Crafting

Posted by: cruniac.2840

cruniac.2840

Almost done my Twilight just a little more grind:
- 90 ectos
- 100 blood
- 180 venom sacs
- 210 totems
- 150 fangs
- 28 onyx lodestones
- 100 icy runestones

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

1. Frostfang
2. Gift of Mastery, Gift of Fortune, Gift of Frostfang
3. Precursor

Attachments:

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

What’s a fun thing to do while waiting for my precursor to happen? I’m so bored to death farming gold just to be able to buy it from TP. I have the worst luck in MF. Grinding so much is making me bored with the game.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Posted by: Viper.2756

Viper.2756

Legendary : Bifrost

Still need : 70 Ectos, 5 Totems, 5 Venom, 16 Blood and 25g for Runestones+Recipes.

Pretty close to getting it, just doing the odd dungeon runs/CS farms to get rares for ectos.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Legendary: Bolt.
Gifts: Mastery, Metal, Ascalon and have the money for Lightning (just waiting to get 400 Artificer from Daily Crafter).

I also have:
250 Ectos
77 Clovers
Zap (Purchased it as it relatively cheap for a precursor).

Just need about 300G more for the Runestones & rest of the T6 Mats.

Refused all aid from friends as Legendary is not about the destination, it’s about the journey.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Thanks for advice!

Always finish your clovers before counting your obsidian. You might have quite a bit less than you think…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Viper.2756

Viper.2756

Thanks for advice!

Always finish your clovers before counting your obsidian. You might have quite a bit less than you think…

^ True that. Always finish off the variables first. 77 Clovers is a gamble so the exact amount of shards is never known. I did mine by buying round 300-350 at one time and using them for clovers then on completion getting the remaining for the 250. Keep in mind shards are only used for legendaries so they’ll just be wasted if you buy extra.

The order to do things imo would be to get WvW completion asap, if your server is not doing well then thats going to be a real pain still doable during reset time. After that its all about the Gift of fortune since you are going for the shield.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

finished my bolt today. supremely joyous!

in Crafting

Posted by: Morr.1805

Morr.1805

Gave up on making Twilight a few days ago.
I was saving up to buy Dusk of TP, until my friend got it from a random mob (!!!). It made me think about the whole process of obtaining the Precursor. It would take me around 30-50 days to get the 700g for the Precursor and yet, some people get it by pure luck.

I’m waiting for my drop now, or Scavenger hunt. Dusk ain’t worth farming COF/Orr for a month (and a half).

Good luck to you all and GZ to my lucky friend

(edited by Morr.1805)

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

1. Twilight
2. No completed Gifts
3. I have the precursor, more than 90 Oynx Lodestones, 77 clovers and about 1/3 of the t6 mats. Really taking it easy after I got my precursor. Going to get more badges after I am done with the lodestones.

And…. just crafted Twilight today

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

finished my bolt today. supremely joyous!

Gratz! I got the rest of my Icy Runes about 2 hours ago. I am waiting for this evening to forge it so friends who have been with me through most of the farming/dungeon running can be on to celebrate with me.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Thanks for advice!

^ True that. Always finish off the variables first. 77 Clovers is a gamble so the exact amount of shards is never known. I did mine by buying round 300-350 at one time and using them for clovers then on completion getting the remaining for the 250. Keep in mind shards are only used for legendaries so they’ll just be wasted if you buy extra.

The order to do things imo would be to get WvW completion asap, if your server is not doing well then thats going to be a real pain still doable during reset time. After that its all about the Gift of fortune since you are going for the shield.

Great advice, thanks! I’ll get moving on the clovers, and then I’ll know exactly how much more karma I’ll need.

I also didn’t know you could do WvWvW completion during reset – will check it out.

Currently at 85% map completion – including one WvWvW zone. I’m on JQ which might make it a little easier but you never can tell…

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: YzermanCpt.9375

YzermanCpt.9375

I just need Dawn and T6 mats to craft Sunrise.

I have Gift of Sunrise, Gift of Mastery, 77 Clovers, and all of the ectos that I need.

in Crafting

My Sweet Lily.1952

I only need 50 Ectos (19g) and 150 T6 Bloods (~40g) and then I can craft the Dreamer. This will probably take me a week or two.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

%75 ! So i need just Dusk for months !!! Sometimes i wanna delete those gifts with rage and after game but still waiting dunno why…

[ + ] Gift of Fortune
[ + ] Gift of Mastery
[ + ] Gift of Twilight
[ – ] Dusk

in Crafting

My Sweet Lily.1952

I only need 50 Ectos (19g) and 150 T6 Bloods (~40g) and then I can craft the Dreamer. This will probably take me a week or two.

I got it today! I got a Final Rest and I sold it for 75g, which gave me enough to buy the ectos and bloods. I’m so happy now!

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Bacon.2360

Bacon.2360

%75 ! So i need just Dusk for months !!! Sometimes i wanna delete those gifts with rage and after game but still waiting dunno why…

[ + ] Gift of Fortune
[ + ] Gift of Mastery
[ + ] Gift of Twilight
[ – ] Dusk

I feel your pain, I’m in the same boat sitting at 250g…

in Crafting

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Just did a moment ago with a help of friend. How long it took? 4 months.

Do i think the rng system is fair? Nope. Wasted 400g on mf trying to get dusk without any return.

Just seems that prices droping right now, thats a good sign at least and i hope its will continue.

Probably BIG thx to guild missions, otherwise i would still grind legendary cof p1.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

just got my precursor rage for 34 gold off the TP acouple hours ago. now comes the hard part….clovers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

All I need now is the legend. My guild helped me out bigtime last night and gave me 125 ectos for my gift of fortune.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jakzor.4160

Jakzor.4160

just got the precursor for my second legendary after 13 tries :P
now i just need all the other stuff(again ç_ç)

in Crafting

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

Exactly six months after the release of the game I complete my Sunrise (02/25)

in Crafting

Posted by: Proxcel.2596

Proxcel.2596

[ + ] Gift of Fortune
[ + ] Gift of Mastery
[ + ] Gift of Twilight
[ – ] Dusk

I’m pretty much on the same boat… but instead wasting gold in MF… on dusk
I decided to work on the gifts for 2nd legendary. probaly 15% done at the momment.
mostlly just collecting the ectos 170/500 needed.

in Crafting

My Sweet Lily.1952

Hey it’s me again and I’m starting to get a second Legendary and I’m literally starting with nothing. So here I go again:
1.Howler
2.I have no gifts
3.I’m working on Gift of Mastery. I probably have enough karma for it. I have over 100SP on my alt, who will make the Bloodstone shard. My main has 70SP and will use them for Clovers. I got Gift of Exploration ready. I have 200/500 Badges of Honor.
4.I’ll do Gift of the Howler as I farm money. When I farm money I get the SP and karma, so I’ll finish my Mastery first. I’ll buy Howl after Gift of the Howler and last (again) stack of ectos and all T6 mats (will do clovers at the same time I do Gift of the Howler).

I don’t think I’m 100% sure if I can make another Legendary, so I’ll take it slow. Also I want to see the new legendaries before I get something that’s only good for Howler. Things like 100 runestones I can buy.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)