Post your legendary progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I just forged The Legend!!!

I logged in this evening and started sizing up my T5 stocks. I had enough T5 and mithril to make 38 rare staves but needed all the elder wood. I spent a total of 2-3g from logging in on mats and on my 7th forge it showed up. Since release I have forged maybe 50 times total at the most and that is a generous figure.

I have fortune, mastery, and almost all of gift of bifrost except for the 480-ish crystalline dust and runestones. The hard part is past now. I just have to go into hardcore savings mode like when I saved up for my Golden title, 200g should cover the rest hopefully barring changes in the next patch.

For all you guys still forging, best of luck to you. Here are some screenies I took after the adrenaline wore off: http://imgur.com/a/cgHai#0

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Sunrise
2) I have the gift of metal, my clovers and my precusor
3) Need 100 glob to get my gift of fortune, 80 badge of honor for my gift of mastery and 70 charged lodestone for my Gift of Light.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I’m still missing about 200 of each tier 6 material, 100 charged lodestones and zap. that’s it really.

Update 3/3/2013:
I still need about 200 of each tier 6 material, 40 charged lodestones, 110 ectos, and precursor.

Update 3/14/2013
I need 15 charged lodestones, 12 ectos, about 200 of each tier 6 mat and the precursor.

Update 3/17/2013
I need 10 charged lodestones, and about 200 of each tier 6 material for gift of might and magic.
I also just got supremely lucky in the mystic forge. I put in about 16 exotic swords into the MF that I bought with dungeon tokens. I figured that okay cause it wasn’t costing me anything. My homeboy says to try rares. I told him that would cost me money and the chance was super low so it would never work, just a waste of money. So I buy 20 rare swords just to prove to him it’s a waste of gold. And the first 4 rares I put in gave me Zap. I almost kitten myself. Couldn’t believe it.

Update 3/26/2013
So now I’m only missing 100 icy runestones, 139 elaborate totems, 150 vicious fangs, 150 vicious claws, and 184 armored scales. I’m having a hard time getting tier 6 materials, but I’m closer now than I was yesterday. So yeah, those are the only things I’m missing at this point.

Update 3/28/2013
I’m missing only 150 Vicious Fangs and 100 Icy Runestones. Going to try to get all the fangs this weekend and then just worry about Icy Runestones.

Update 3/29/2013
Okay. All I’m missing now are 100 icy runestones. I’m tempted to buy gems to convert to gold, but it’s so expensive. Don’t know what I should do. Will let you know. Hopefully the next update will be me saying the Legendary is made.

Update 3/30/2013
I was impatient. I didn’t want to have to farm another 100 gold to finish my legendary. So I bought 100 dollars worth of gems. It came up to about 135 gold. I bought the icy runestones I needed and have someg old left over; and now I can relax. I just finished crafting my first, and probably only legendary weapon, Bolt! I just want to give a big thanks to myself for not giving up on it. I’m very happy right now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

Forged my Dreamer last night.

Farmed exclusively for materials, and got a little help from guildmates for hard-to-find things like Powerful Blood.

More unicorns to be spewed across the landscape on Ehmry Bay!

It’s extremely fun to smack someone in the face till they die in WvW with My Little Ponies

ETA: I did not play the TP (no idea how) and I did not use real money. Took me about 5 months of dedicated, focused playing, with every resource going towards my legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Leon Hazard.6320

Leon Hazard.6320

My Legendary: Twilight

Gift of Mastery: +Gift of Exploration, +Gift of Battle (Need 250 Obsidian Shards and 200 skill points for the Bloodstone Shard: I came close to 200 skill points with my primary character, and did buy 250 Obsidian Shards, but I used a lot of them for clovers)

Gift of Fortune: +45 Mystic Clovers, Various quantities of T6 materials for Might & Magic, and 9 Ectos (which, again go mostly toward clovers)

Gift of Twilight: +Gift of Darkness, +Gift of Metal, +Superior Sigil of Blood, +5 Icy Runestones (Need 95 more)

Dusk: Eventually…

I may just start working on the other legendaries I want while I wait for my precursor(s).

in Crafting

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

I just bought a Bifrost from the TP today, I converted a few thousand bucks into gems. Totally worth it. I’ll also be buying about 1000 BL keys to get all the fused skins to match my eles fire theme.

….
…….

JK, played since launch n casually got all the gold to buy all the stuff I needed, the hardest/most annoying parts was COOKING and WvW world completion (so gheey), but I got that last EB tower in the end.

So yeah, legendary isn’t special at all, didn’t really want it I just happened to have the resources one day n decided to craft it. I was satisfied with my good old Emberspire but w/e I got swag now, YOLO.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

EDIT:
Right before the April Fools day finished my Twilight, took me around 2.5 months since the moment I decided I want it.
Special thanks to my husband who shared the last ectos and t6 mats for my Gift of Fortune <3
It was over 800 gold grinded myself without additional lucky drops like other expensive precursors and stuff (except perm. merchant contract) so I wish everyone to believe in themselves and achieve this difficult but possible goal!

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Finished Incinerator on the 29th. I was bidding on spark for the better of 2 weeks, but I missed the window for a ~500g spark by a week. I end up buying it at inflated price of 625g as I was getting the last of T6 and icy runestones.

It was worth it though. Running Bolt/Incinerator on thief is a pretty good combination, as offhand incinerator has many perks as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

My list for the Flameseeker Prophecies is now down to 34 obsidian shards, 148 WvW badges, 246 Ascalonian Tears, and my lodestones.

Getting there!

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nirvana.5796

Nirvana.5796

300k karma away from Sunrise

Love Buzz [VK] – Guardian – Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Bifrost:

100 Icy Runestones
1 Sigil
250 tier 3,4,5 dust
~40 t6 dust
~50 dyes
100 Opal Orbs

77 Clovers
~50 globs
80-120 of each T6 mat, except dust.

Bloodstone Shard
250 Ob shards
Gift of Exploration
~220 badges

I’m waiting for T6 dust to drop in price. I have the cash to buy the ~700 I need, but I’d rather not if I don’t have to.

in Crafting

Posted by: achildbyfire.5138

achildbyfire.5138

took me 27 tries at the 10 clover recipe to get enough clovers. hope this helps.

[Borlis Pass server]I make music, you might like it
http://soundcloud.com/achildbyfire
http://soundcloud.com/anime-on-mute

in Crafting

Posted by: hurkit.1098

hurkit.1098

Need Veloka vista in EB for 100% world completion then I can craft Twilight.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I now have…

Gift of The Dreamer
Gift of Fortune
Gift of Mastery

Any tips on precursor?

in Crafting

Posted by: Bubbles.2507

Bubbles.2507

Almost done. Can’t believe I only got 26 clovers out of 100 shards. Have the precursor and the other 2 gifts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Merlot.8567

Merlot.8567

I have all the gifts collecting dust in my bank.

Just waiting on that Dawn, then I will have Sunrise.

Do not let the GW2 forums become the new Tumblr!

in Crafting

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Finished Sunrise, now I go for the shield. So here’s my progress :

Gift of Mastery:
– Gift of exploration : 1/1
– Gift of Battle : 1/1
– Bloodstone : 0/1
– Obsidian shards : waiting for clovers to be done

Gift of Fortune :
– Clovers : 54/77
– Gift of Magic : miss crystalline dust
– Gift of Might : 1/1
– Ectoplasm orbs : waiting for clovers to be done (got about 200)

Gift of Metal : 1/1

Gift of History :
– Onyx lodestones : 100/100
– Ascalonian Gift : 77/500
– Crystalline Dust : In progress…
– Leather : 250/250

Sigil : 1/1

Precursor : 1/1

in Crafting

Posted by: figjam.5296

figjam.5296

Have all gifts. Just need Dawn or Dusk or Colossus to finish my Legendary.

The evil never ends. Just evolves.
Dungeon Master
Been there. Done that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Serious.4839

Serious.4839

Going for the Bifrost on my elementalist.
Gift of Mastery – 1/1
Gift of Fortune – 1/1
Gift of Bifrost – 0/1
-Gift of Energy – 1/1
-Gift of Color – 0/1
—Opal Orb – 100/100
—Pile of Crystalline Dust – 250/250
—Unidentified Dye – 250/250
—Arah Tokens – 0/250
-Superior Sigil of Nullification – 1/1
-Icy Runestone – 1/100
The Legend – 0/1

All of my current gold is going into a fund for my precursor.

Sea of Sorrows

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Going for the Bifrost on my elementalist.
Gift of Mastery – 1/1
Gift of Fortune – 1/1
Gift of Bifrost – 0/1
-Gift of Energy – 1/1
-Gift of Color – 0/1
—Opal Orb – 100/100
—Pile of Crystalline Dust – 250/250
—Unidentified Dye – 250/250
—Arah Tokens – 0/250
-Superior Sigil of Nullification – 1/1
-Icy Runestone – 1/100
The Legend – 0/1

All of my current gold is going into a fund for my precursor.

Nice goal! I wanted that staff aswell, but the arah tokens stopped me… One thing tho… Its 500 tokens, not 250

in Crafting

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Finished the Dreamer a few weeks back , still loving it…

I bought Venom, so at the moment I look at Rage as my next Legendary. Sure, it’s not as exciting as Twilight, but it’s cheap and something I will make lots of use of, being a water fan and all…

in Crafting

Posted by: Ishmel.1308

Ishmel.1308

Completed my Juggernaut yesterday, May 1st 2013. I’ve attached a couple of pictures.

Juggernaut:

- Precursor: I have it
- Gift of Fortune:
— 77 clovers: Have it
— 250 ectos: Have it
— T6 fine crafting materials: Have most of them above 100
- Gift of Mastery: Have it
- Gift of the Juggernaut: Have it

My aim is to try and get the non-purchasable stuff completed (SE tokens and Badges of Honor) then start working on the Vial of Quicksilver. Once that is done I’ll finish the Gift of the Juggernaut and then all that’s left is the T6 materials.

I’m getting sidetracked alot with the dailies/monthlies, Super Adventure Box, World chest looting, fractals and planned guild activities, but I’ll get there eventually. At least the precursor is out of the way.

Attachments:

(edited by Ishmel.1308)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Predator

Everything but 100 runestones and precursor, I feel close, even thought I’m only half way there because of the stupid precursor

-Drums

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Got it a few days ago. Sunrise! w00t ~

Attachments:

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

(edited by Azelroth.6801)

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadow Novus.7321

Shadow Novus.7321

EDIT: OH MY GOD NEVERMIND!!!! MYSTIC FORGE I LOVE YOU!!!! I GOT DAWN WOOOO!!!!!

ahem sorry

Still short some shards I realize but that’s cake

(edited by Shadow Novus.7321)

in Crafting

Posted by: trane.4569

trane.4569

my progress is now 21/1400 Gold.
So Legendary!

uuuhmn… yeah.. that’s about it.

in Crafting

Posted by: andywerdna.9128

andywerdna.9128

Working towards Incinerator for my thief

so far I have:
Gift of Mastery
Gift of Fortune
Gift of Incinerator

so now /all/ I need is Spark I think gold wise I am not even half way…

in Crafting

Midnightjade.3520

Almost done with Flameseeker Prophecies. All I have left now is 240 AC tokens and about 10 more Obsidian Shards. Should get it this week.

Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Irakaz.8964

Irakaz.8964

Ive been taking a bit of a break, but still far away from my goal. I decided to get gifts for both Predator and Juggernaut at the same time. Im missing all the lodestones for the two gifts and I need about 2/3’s of the tier 6 mats. Oh yeah and the precursor . . .

in Crafting

Posted by: Nachtz.4930

Nachtz.4930

Almost done with Flameseeker Prophecies. All I have left now is 240 AC tokens and about 10 more Obsidian Shards. Should get it this week.

If you want we can group up in the SAB, I can show you a path where you’ll get youre 10 obsidian shards in less than 30 min

in Crafting

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

Done with Eternity last week, starting on something easy like Kudzu or the spear now

in Crafting

Solo.9027

I just forged The Legend!!!

I logged in this evening and started sizing up my T5 stocks. I had enough T5 and mithril to make 38 rare staves but needed all the elder wood. I spent a total of 2-3g from logging in on mats and on my 7th forge it showed up. Since release I have forged maybe 50 times total at the most and that is a generous figure.

I have fortune, mastery, and almost all of gift of bifrost except for the 480-ish crystalline dust and runestones. The hard part is past now. I just have to go into hardcore savings mode like when I saved up for my Golden title, 200g should cover the rest hopefully barring changes in the next patch.

For all you guys still forging, best of luck to you. Here are some screenies I took after the adrenaline wore off: http://imgur.com/a/cgHai#0

I just finished Bifrost.

http://imgur.com/a/HjoOZ#0

Today I ground out the last 35g for my runestones. I farmed cursed shore for maybe 1.5hrs on and off, did exactly 1 10 minute CoF path(then pug fell apart… so glad I never have to CoF again), did some wvw for my monthly and used it and my 2 daily laurels to buy heavy crafting bags to sell their contents, finally I did some clover 10x recipe rolls for the hell of it and got a lucky 39 crystalline dust return for even more money.

Now my next goal is an armor skin that will accent my new rainbow stick and maybe celestial dye(or just get all of the dyes on this character )

If prices come down or a scavenger hunt gets released I’ll go for predator on my warrior since I have like 50 clovers spare

in Crafting

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

After months of collection, I finished Meteorlogicus tonight.

Not the legendary I really wanted, anyone want to trade Sunrise for Meteorlogicus? I have not soulbound it.

Attachments:

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

in Crafting

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

Not the legendary I really wanted, anyone want to trade Sunrise for Meteorlogicus? I have not soulbound it.

hahaha ‘Not the legendary I really wanted’ look in the chat, trying to swap it :P

in Crafting

Midnightjade.3520

If you want we can group up in the SAB, I can show you a path where you’ll get youre 10 obsidian shards in less than 30 min

Thanks. I actually got the last 10 shards yesterday. So now I’m just missing 240 AC tokens.

Dungeon tiem!!

Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Calvinthesneak.5839

hahaha ‘Not the legendary I really wanted’ look in the chat, trying to swap it :P

Got a bit depressing throwing a fortune at the mystic toilet. Made the legendary I got. At the rate Dawn keeps rising, I’ll never afford the precursor, even if I sell meteorlogicus.

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

This is driving me insane- but Im going for
-The Bifrost I think it’s absolutely gorgeous! It’s just right up my alley and I find it the most feminine of the staves.
– I would love for my armor to match it- most of the time I see a beautiful weapon and ugly armor on the player- I know that’s weird-
also I want a legendary bc it’s a legendary.
and so far I have
-Gift of Color,
-Gift of Energy, and
-Shard of Zhaitan- I can go ahead and get the Bloodstone shard but I think i’ll wait until I can afford the items for the clovers.
Still hunting for the precursor. I think that’s the make or break part- I could go a year without getting it I know.. farming 100% is truly…time consuming but that’s why it’s called a legendary.

(edited by SnowHawk.3615)

in Crafting

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

If I had the Sunrise- then it might have been a maybe- I find the meteorlogicus gorgeous! Ive never seen one in person.
Why did you craft it if you didn’t want it?

in Crafting

Calvinthesneak.5839

If I had the Sunrise- then it might have been a maybe- I find the meteorlogicus gorgeous! Ive never seen one in person.
Why did you craft it if you didn’t want it?

Because at least it might get me enough coins to either trade/buy sunrise, or get a good start on it. Storm was the precursor I got from the Karka event at Halloween. Been trying to make a precursor (dawn/dusk) since and not succeeded. At some point you have enough of the grind and make what you got and try for the result a different way.

in Crafting

Posted by: mDawn.6052

mDawn.6052

I recently finished the 3 great gifts for Twilight. A few days ago i bought exo-greatswords for 120g and threw them into the mystic toilet. Nothing. This last step is extremely demotvating, because it completely depends on Luck. ( which i never had in any MMO! ) Its frustrating to see players getting their Precurser out of chests and mobs, finishing their legendary in a few weeks and compared to that i have to grind like a kitten I remember Anet telling in one of their Interviews that in GW2 you dont have to grind or farm, unlike every other MMO. I don’t really care about that now, but at least -> why aren’t players challanged to get a legendary weapon? Anet is rewarding those who grind mindless the same mobs over and over again, instead of those who “played and completed” the game, testing their skill. I really want to finish my Maincharacter by getting a Legendary, but i dont really understand why this last part of the endgame has to be that boring and toneless. There are alot of other (better, funnier and more demanding) methods to achieve a precuser mentioned in this forum . . . Concluding: I guess i don’t keep on working on my Legendary, sadly i don’t have any motivation left that keeps me grinding and wasting more of my time. If there would be at least a safe way to get the precurser, a visible goal!

in Crafting

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

Going for Twilight and i have :

Gift of Metal
77 Clovers
Gift of Exploration

And around 30-40 of each T6 mats
So yeah, I have ALOT of work left.

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Sunrise, Status: Abandoned.

0/1 Dawn
Gift of Sunrise
-10/100 Icy Runestones
-1/1 Gift of Metal
-0/1 Gift of Light
—250/250 Orichalcum Ingots
—250/250 Cured Hardened Leather Squares
—0/100 Charged Lodestones
—1/1 Gift of Ascalon

Legendary Base Materials:
0/1 Gift of Fortune
—77/77 Mystic Clovers
—250/250 Globs of Ectoplasm
-0/1 Gift of Magic
—149/250 Vials of Powerful Blood
—114/250 Powerful Venom Sacs
—174/250 Elaborate Totems
—131/250 Piles of Crystalline Dust
-0/1 Gift of Might
—159/250 Vicious Fangs
—147/250 Armored Scales
—103/250 Vicious Claws
—250/250 Ancient Bones
1/1 Gift of Mastery

Abandoned because the stuff required is way too pricey, and there’s no point going for a legendary when Arenanet haven’t told us how the upcoming AoE nerf will affect the weapons.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Crafting

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

Bolt Legendary 79% Finished:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AirzRxm4slOIdGY0YnVxOE9IdlFoOTBSRWlteVNqeFE#gid=0

Farming CoF P1 every day to finish ASAP LOL

in Crafting

Posted by: Suroto.6153

Suroto.6153

I Use www.GW2legendary.com login by facebook. The web tell u percent of your legendary progression and current price of all materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

and my 2 daily laurels

Does this mean you can get 2 laurels per day for tPvP and PvE?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: izanami.9534

izanami.9534

I am going for The Dreamer.

I need the lover, the runestones and some materials.

SO really I need money, which I have none of (sad face)

in Crafting

Midnightjade.3520

I finally finished The Flameseeker Prophecies last night after 4 months. Will post a screenshot after I figure out how the hi-res thing works.

Now that it’s done, I’m not sure what to target next. Was tooling around in game aimlessly. Maybe finish the Story I guess.

Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Midnightjade.3520

OK, figured it out. Here’s a shot of the completed shield. ^^

Attachments:

Itinerant, no guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

Well i decided to go for my legendary. going for The Dreamer.
I just need a few T6 mats, 125 ectos, 100 icy runestones, and the precursor.
so close i can…. well not so close since The Lover is currently around 650g :/

UPDATE: Finally got all three gifts. now time to start saving for The Lover. Please donate to the “I Have a Dream” foundation

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

in Crafting

Solo.9027

and my 2 daily laurels

Does this mean you can get 2 laurels per day for tPvP and PvE?

No. I just happened to only have 2 laurels at the time to spend.

I find it the most feminine of the staves.

So men can’t like colors?