Post your legendary progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Hunter came through on the TP today.

Don’t know what’s left, not like there’s any rush.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

gift of fortune :/.. i have 130 bloods 52 bones 33 claws 66 dust 40 fangs 62 scales 10 totem and 24 sacs

You could instantly get ~150 more T6 from your laurels.

in Crafting

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Working on my 3rd legendary, THE MOOT!!!!

Sorry, I love saying that.

Anyway, been using clover x10 recipe A LOT and hoping for failures to fund this time around. So far I have:

Gift of Mastery, Gift of Entertainment, the Energizer, and about 75% done with T6 (no globs, been burning those with said recipe), and of course 137 clovers (>.<).

Still need to finish Fortune, Icy Runestones, and the stupid sigil. Then I can do mostly naked dances with a disco ball in LA.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Bought the Energizer on the TP for 30g about 6 months ago
So far I have:

• Gift of Battle
  • Gift of Explorer
  • 50 Mystic clovers
  • 250 Globs of Ectoplasm
  • Between 5-50 of each T6 trophy (Nowhere near the required amount for the Gifts)
  • The Energizer

I don’t even want the Mace to be honest, but no matter how hard I try or how much I sink in to the Mystic Toilet I can’t get a Thief Precursor. I can use it on my Guardian but I wonder whether it’s worth the effort.

in Crafting

Posted by: rvaT katoliK.7128

rvaT katoliK.7128

I just crafted my Twilight after, lets say, 3 months of hard work and I must say that at the very moment you equip it you forget all the grind pain what you endure during collecting mats.. It´s just that awesome, hands down..

in Crafting

Posted by: xNeolight.4219

xNeolight.4219

I was torn between making twilight and sunrise so i decided to leave it up to the RNG to give me the precursor and then i’d move on from there and 150g in I ended up with Dusk.

So far I’ve got

- 250 venom sacs and 168 dust for the gift of magic
- Bloodstone Shard and Gift of Battle
- 77 Mystic clovers
- 50 Icy Runestones and the Gift of Metal.

So…far…to go…

in Crafting

Posted by: Fennekin.6514

Fennekin.6514

After almost 1 month of farming…
It’s done!!

(video about my progresstion on crafting this weapon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IQi3Pgx-YU

Attachments:

(edited by Fennekin.6514)

in Crafting

Posted by: AceCaramelo.1684

AceCaramelo.1684

gift of fortune :/.. i have 130 bloods 52 bones 33 claws 66 dust 40 fangs 62 scales 10 totem and 24 sacs

You could instantly get ~150 more T6 from your laurels.

im still getting ascended XD

in Crafting

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

I fed probably 200 exotics + 1500 rares before getting the lover (the exotics upgraded to the lover, no luck on rares.)

7000 GS spent, 0 precursor, used all the exotics I gained and upgraded it into dawn.

Rares doesn’t seem to have any luck with me.

in Crafting

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

1. Which legendary are you going for?
The Juggernaut

2. Do you have any gifts? If so, which one?
Gift of Mastery. The Colossus.

3. Which gift are you working on? And how far have you come on it?
Just got my 250 Silver Doubloons, and I still need a lot of Molten Lodestones. The really hard part (precursor, doubloons, lodestones) is almost over.

4. Addition information you want us to know, maybe a picture.
Never wanted a Legendary, but I got the precursor off a drop and decided “hey, if I don’t do this I will regret it.”

Update: I am soo close I can almost lick it! All I need now are some T6 mats and ectos! I calculated that if I buy everything off the TP, I am only ~90gold away from finishing.

Finished it! Took me about 5 months, not counting the 5 months of t6 mats gathering before I got the precursor. And I am proud to say that I got the mats by spending 90% of my time in WvW, not CoF. I got another precursor last week, sold it, and was able to finish the Juggernaut faster. And tonight, I got another. Here we go again!

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Crafting

Posted by: semiramis.7264

semiramis.7264

It’s nice to see a lot of people appreciating The Moot these days:)
I’ve just crafted mine ,and its effects are wonderful!
I enjoyed crafting it,only part i really hated were the Gift of Might and Magic…
Now i don’t know if to start gathering mats for Meteologicus or The LoverXD

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Well, thanks to the achievement chests, I had 500 badges of honor, which I think was the very first piece of a legendary I could have received. (Sadly, I spent some to reduce the laurel cost of an ascended amulet, though. Ah well.)

I recently calculated that it would take about 1100 gold to get the legendary I’d like, including fixed costs, precursor (purchasing), and the mats which cannot realistically be farmed. Or, I could save up just a few hundred gold more and just buy it. Seeing as how I’ve never had more than 20 gold at a time, I’d say my time to build a legendary is approaching infinity…

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

My next legendary is going to be Kotaki.
I don’t have much left after I created my legendary Shield but I think this time I will be a little bit quicker.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Crafting

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

After 11 months, I finally got my pre today, Zap. It took about 150 throws (600 swords) of rares, but I finally got it today using 4 exotics. Since I had about 100g in the bank, I decided to buy 80 rares. I got nothing with the rares, but I got 4 exotics from the throws. I sold one for 4.5g, bought one back for 1.5g, threw the 4 into the toilet and got it. I almost passed out!

I have about 75% of the T6 mats, 30 skill points away from Gift of Mastery, and I have the Shards, Ecto, Metals, etc. Just need 95 more charged lodestones (hah, that’s all!) and run some dungeons (hoping to see more involvement after the update). All in all, it was a GREAT day today!

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

My progress has basically stopped.

The time I have to play is usually taken up in dailies instead of grinding out tier 6 mats (coming up on 7k achievement points). Along with the devs hinting there’s a new wave of Legendaries coming (some of which I can only hope will actually look good to me), I’ve been just sitting on the progress I’ve made rather than maybe finishing it (I have The Bard and most mats other than the T6s) and being back to square 0 when the new ones arrive.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

I have only just started on seriously working on Incinerator, but I just got Gift of Magic and Gift of Might. I have the materials set aside for the Mystic Clovers as well (just need Balthazar to open so I can buy the Obsidian Shards). Then I just need to gather more Ectos before I complete that step and have the Gift of Fortune.
After that I will go for World Completion so I can create the Gift of Mastery.

Of course, none of this really matters so far since I do not have the precursor, and with the current prices it is unlikely I will ever get it, but at least I will be prepared if I ever get lucky and have it drop for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

So, what i want you to post:

4. Addition information you want us to know, maybe a picture.

1 – The Bifrost
2 – I have all gifts now, but it took a long while to find people to tag along with for the Arah dungeons. Far longer than what needed to be necessary imo, there should never be such dungeon avoidance if you want people to get tokens and progress towards their gifts.
3 – See above
4 – Obtaining a precursor is so much harder than what it needs to be. Surely if you’ve made the time and effort into getting all the gifts that are needed to craft a legendary weapon bar the precursor, then there needs to be a better way to do it asides spending countless hours farming events in the vain hope of getting one from a mob or a chest, or countless hundreds of gold plundered away with rares and exotics at the forge. There’s always a better way. TBH, if I were to go for another legendary, I wouldn’t start it unless I had the precursor already.. then I could decide whether or not to sell it or use it on an alt, and make the gifts for that as well.

As I’ve posted on another topic elsewhere in this forum, I’ve spent over 3000 hours in game and never seen a precursor come my way at all… not even a cheap one.

Anyway some screenies of my most recent gift, actually one from cooking and one from the forge.

Attachments:

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I finished my Moot in…March, I believe. I have been working on Sunrise since May very halfheartedly, until I got incredibly lucky last Friday and got Dawn out of a the daily Mystic Forger trash attempts. So, now I’m going full steam.
Gift of Master – Need 52 shards
Gift of Fortune – Need 200 ectos and about half my t6 mats
Gift of Sunrise – Need 85 lodestones, and a smattering of the other mats, but I finished Gift of Metal.
Dawn – DONE.

I did some math, and if I continue gathering Ori and salvaging for ectos, I only need about 550g. CoF, CoF!
Aiming to finish this one by the end of August. After that, I might take a break before starting Bifrost.

I finished my lodestones yesterday. Snatched a bunch of cores up during the price drop after the patch. Need a few more days of ori runs and about 230g, and Sunrise will be mine! The end of August goal doesn’t seem too unreachable now.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Flipside.4152

Flipside.4152

After 11 months of playing casual – semi hardcore I have finally crafted The Bifrost It was quite the ride. In my quest for this legendary I was able to get my Dungeon Master title, found a really awesome guild, met a whole lot of amazing people and explored everything GW2 had to offer. Truely legendary indeed. Well except the precursor part. Eff you Zommoros :/ Used 520 rare stakitten to get my precursor.

Time to start another legendary journey with Kraitkin (Bought the precursor already)

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

Working on Bolt. Have made good progress over the last two months. Just finished the Gift of Fortune which feels great. I was lucky enough to have Zap drop for me back during the 2nd Southsun event with the magic find buff. All I have left to focus on are Icy Runestones and Charged Lodestones. It’s about 300g worth left of saving which will take some time, but only having two things left makes me feel much closer. I’m hoping the new champ loot system will help lower Charged Core/Lode prices some to help me out too.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

After 11 months of playing casual – semi hardcore I have finally crafted The Bifrost It was quite the ride. In my quest for this legendary I was able to get my Dungeon Master title, found a really awesome guild, met a whole lot of amazing people and explored everything GW2 had to offer. Truely legendary indeed. Well except the precursor part. Eff you Zommoros :/ Used 520 rare stakitten to get my precursor.

Time to start another legendary journey with Kraitkin (Bought the precursor already)

Woa, seems like a awesome journey indeed! Gratz! Also, it looks so awesome on your character!

in Crafting

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

All I have left for The Juggernaut is the 250 silver doubloons and the precursor…so close yet so far away!

in Crafting

Posted by: JayyxDawg.5081

JayyxDawg.5081

Twilight Progress:
In about two months, I’ve managed to lock down The Gift of Metal (\m/), The Gift of Exploration, The Gift of Ascalon and The Gift of Battle (and some bit and pieces for the other gifts).
Working on The Gift of Darkness, but, argh! Lodestones! Don’t even get me started on the precursor.
(No luck whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip!)

But, I am closer than I was before, so… Bright side?

Human pin-cushion
Tarnished Coast [NA]

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

At this point all I need is the precursor and the icy runestones. I’ve held off on getting the runestones to keep chucking crap into the forge. No point in buying them until I get the precursor. I’m around 450g into the forge with the precursor. I really hate this process and am only finishing it out of spite.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

(edited by SteepledHat.1345)

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Twilight Progress:
In about two months, I’ve managed to lock down The Gift of Metal (\m/), The Gift of Exploration, The Gift of Ascalon and The Gift of Battle (and some bit and pieces for the other gifts).
Working on The Gift of Darkness, but, argh! Lodestones! Don’t even get me started on the precursor.
(No luck whatsoever. None. Nada. Zip!)

But, I am closer than I was before, so… Bright side?

Thats the spirit! Always look on the bright side!

in Crafting

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Going for Flameseeker prophecies ( currently rocking, The Moot, Sunrise, Juggernault )

Got,
-The Chosen
-Gift of Flameseeker
-250 Ecto
-Gift of Magic
-Gift of Might 25%
-17 mustic Clover
-Gift of Exploration
-Gift of Battle
-250 Obsidian shards

Need,

-Bloodstone shard (134 Skillpoints)
-60 Mystic Clover
-75% of T6 needed for Gift of Might

I’m always lacking skillpoints Had a bad luck on my third legendaries and ended up wasting 500 skillpoints in total which screwed me up for this one.

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Made Howler today, and I love it
Got to take a break from Lege crafting now :P

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrimson.5634

xCrimson.5634

Few days ago got Dawn from the forge just after throwing 30g worth of rares in, then using the exotics I got from them in, including all those mystic forge stones from the Achievement chests! Now I already finished Sunrise! Just waiting for an awesome buyer on the TP to make an actually decent price that I can sell to instantly, any takers?

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I’ve said it once before, and I’ll say it again here….

There’s nothing legendary about selling a legendary weapon (or a precursor) on the TP. It was probably one of ANet’s worst mistakes ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I finished my lodestones yesterday. Snatched a bunch of cores up during the price drop after the patch. Need a few more days of ori runs and about 230g, and Sunrise will be mine! The end of August goal doesn’t seem too unreachable now.

I finished Sunrise on Monday and already have a new precursor in my posession. >.< Picked up the Bard yesterday due to it being only 40g. Not sure if I’ll make the Minstrel yet…but I’ll start on some parts.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: JeebusCan.4205

JeebusCan.4205

Not even started! But than again, I stopped playing for a long while shortly after launch. And since restarting, have yet to see a precursor. Glad that I haven’t really…my OCD would compel to finish the bloody legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vanix.5016

Vanix.5016

Finally almost done with my first legendary (Meteorlogicus) just missing 6 of the T6 mats and ill be done! but at the moment im quite tired of farming and cant seem to find the strenght to farm the rest of the mats >_<.

I even see the Meteorlogicus on the TP and preview it on my Necro to give me the strenght to continue D :

Attachments:

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

Small update on my progress!
I now have completed the Gift of Fortune, and am one zone completion away from Gift of the Explorer. I have the rest of the materials for the Gift of Mastery already, so that part is also almost done. I got most of the ingots for the Gift of Metal gathered as well, just need a couple more platinum.
Aside from that, I need 80 more Destroyer Lodestones and 100 more Molten Lodestones, as well as a whole bunch of Citadel of Flame runs to create the Vial of Liquid Flame. Then 100 Icy Runestones and I can create the Gift of the Incinerator.

And then the waiting game begins, since I do not have the precursor yet.

in Crafting

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

There’s nothing legendary about selling a legendary weapon (or a precursor) on the TP. It was probably one of ANet’s worst mistakes ever.

And there’s nothing legendary about spending 7 months making gold, doing map completion, buying mats and making gifts. What point are you trying to make here? Jealous that somebody has bought their legendary with a credit card?

in Crafting

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Haven’t decided. Currently working on the parts which are common to all legendaries.. if a precursor appears, so much the better. Realistically I expect the crafted precursor patch before I get to the point of needing one.

Gift of Exploration, Gift of Battle (thanks achievement chests!)

Gift of Fortune. I have enough karma, mystic coins and skill points.. probably only half the ectoplasm I need, though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Finished Meteorlogicus yesterday. Now trying to decide if Bifrost or Kraitkin next. Thank god they share some gifts..
Ill need 2 Weeks for the Karma and the Skillpoints in WvW so expect me here by then again.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

And there’s nothing legendary about spending 7 months making gold, doing map completion, buying mats and making gifts. What point are you trying to make here? Jealous that somebody has bought their legendary with a credit card?

I sense the sarcasm here, but I’ll bite anyway.. buying a legendary with a CC and real life cash.. legendary.

I think ANet had grander plans with these but never set anything in motion before they took off quicker than they could grasp. I mean it only took a month and 4 days from headstart for someone to make the first legendary. I’m not dissing the acquisition, but moreso the method… that’s what they need to work on.

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

None.

I dislike most of the skins (and effects) and don’t like the stats or the fact that they are mere exotics. There is nothing “legendary” about them except their ridiculous appeal to the vanity and/or stupidity of the masses that covet them.

Thanks, but I’ll pass.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

SRoode.7318

It took 11 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days, but I finally made my first Legendary. Bolt!

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Going for Sunrise.

Only need 65 more Charged Lodestones, 100 Icy Runestones, and then find a way to somehow get Dawn.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Crafting

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

Making sunrise

I also need about 65 lodestones + 100g runestones

but i have dawn.

And after that need to finish off my map completion and im done.

in Crafting

SRoode.7318

Nice job to both Milennin and mickers!
A video of me crafting my Bolt is here: http://youtu.be/1YGjzrIeubg

Ignore KyreneZA. It’s a real achievement.

in Crafting

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

thx SRoode and gz on your bolt.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

My Legendary Progress Updated:

The Lover [X]
Gift of the Dreamer [X]
Gift of Mastery [X]
Gift of Fortune:
Clover 30/77
Ectos o/250
Magic []
Might []

Would of had Magic & Might but all my T6 mats vanished from my bank x__x
would send a support ticket but anet and support don’t go together….

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Thorzilla.9124

Thorzilla.9124

Finally, finally, finally!!! After starting my quest in early January, I managed to forge my Juggernaut! Can’t put to words how amazing it looks. Deffinitely worth all the hustle. Here it is :]

Attachments:

(edited by Thorzilla.9124)

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

Congratulations Thorzilla!

Another update on my progress to craft Incinerator.

Gift of Fortune: Done
Gift of Mastery: Nearly done, still need to complete Lornar’s Pass and Brisban Wildlands
Gift of Incinerator: Just the 500 dungeon tokens remaining.

So really all that is left to do is do a bunch of dungeons, and then either farm an additional 500 gold to buy Spark, or wait till they finally introduce an alternative method of obtaining precursors.

(edited by KitaYumi.7048)

in Crafting

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Inspite of all the kittening I do about the crafting process, I have actually been working on mine.

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to build, but the new Zodiac Longbow skin is absolute perfection for my main (Ranger, uses birds primarily, and the blue in her outfit matches the bow), so Kudzu is out. As a result I’m going for The Dreamer, mostly because it’s so over-the-top it makes me smile when I see people using it.
That being said, I now have:

The gift of mastery
100 icy runestones (thanks Crown Pavillion!)
The gift of Wood
68 Mystic clovers
100 Opal Orbs
100 Chrysocola Orbs

And again, thanks to the Crown Pavillion, I hit 250 on my first T6 mat (vicous claws)

Still sitting at around 40 to 50 of the other T6 mats, and no-one on my server seems to run TA anymore, so the gift of thorns is going to take a while.

Quite a long way to go. Not going to gamble for the precursor, so that’s likely my final purchase.

I’ll get there some day.

Update: 250 Crystalline dust now, and got my Mystic Clovers too after a brutal fight with Zomorros.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

(edited by Neural.1824)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I had Storm drop for me today during a Briar Invasion…

Now I’m not quite sure which way to jump. (I like Meteorologicus, but I could also sell it and build Infinite Light RIGHT NOW from the profits).

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Enewia.1356

Enewia.1356

After 12 months of farming I finally made it ! Crafted Kudzu just now. Felt so happy that I forgot all the times I wanted to give up

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: gereden.6983

gereden.6983

after a year of playing to celebrate i decided i needed to give my character something worthy, something that people look at and go ‘’ sweet ’’ so decided for a birthday present it shall finally forge the bi frost and i am 100% giddy with glee