Post your legendary progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

All collected from drops, material promotion, and clover recipes (using ecto from salvaging). Feels good to not have spent any gold on them, and to almost be done with it.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

It’s been ~9 months since my last legendary, and now I crafted this a few days ago, very pleased with this

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I am nearing the point at which I only need a precursor to craft the twilight. It currently costs 740g. Is it a good idea to gamble? I was initially thinking of just buying it off the TP, but 740g seems a bit too much

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Crafting

Posted by: KitaYumi.7048

KitaYumi.7048

In my opinion, it is never worth it to gamble. The most likely scenario will be that you end up spending way more than 740gold on items tossed into the Forge.

in Crafting

Posted by: Roxim.2517

Roxim.2517

1. Which legendary are you going for? Sunrise
2. Do you have any gifts? If so, which one? Gift of Mastery, Gift of Fortune, Gift of Sunrise
3. Which gift are you working on? And how far have you come on it? Nothing now.
4. Addition information you want us to know, maybe a picture.

With all the new events out I finally completed Sunrise with all the gold i was able to farm and a bit of assistance from a few friends. After doing countless Frostgorge Sound champion runs and the Clockwork Chaos events I feel like legendaries are much easier to reach now days. Still it requires a lot of effort, I spent a total of a month and a half working towards finishing Sunrise. For a majority of my t6 mats I purchased with gold, I would recommend not selling any t6 mats you get from forging clovers it was the biggest mistake I made. I hope everyone finishes what ever legendary they want and I hope to see pictures of everyone’s amazing work.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

An interesting last couple days:
A couple months ago I made Kudzu, then decided to sell it (for a 500g profit)
I decided to make another legendary and sell it. sort of like a long-term goal to do in the background
My plan was to collect all the non-buyable stuff for a legendary (obsidian shards, skill points, badges of honor, etc.), then collect enough gold, then choose the legendary that would give the most profit, buy all the buyable stuff, make it, sell it.
I chose Kamohoali’i Kotaki because it would cost 938g and currently is selling for 1800g (1530 after tax) = 592g profit.
I put buy orders in for everything needed, then started doing Arah exp runs. 500 tokens needed, that’s only 2 days of all 4 paths each day.

After I had farmed 400 tokens, a friend said he got impatient with making his legendary, so he spent $ to buy gold and finally buy The Legend. He got everything together, then wanted to make it in a scenic place instead of the middle of a hustling market. He chose the secret wood area below The Grove. So we all went there, he linked all the ingredients in chat, put everything into his Mystic Forge Conduit, then equipped his Bifrost. We put down some fireworks and box o’ fun for the giant transformation (giant asura is taller than humans)
I decided I might as well do something with all this gold I’ve accumulated instead of just accumulate more. I’d been dissatisfied with the Zephyr GS skin, so I decided to replace it.
Twilight or Sunrise… definitely not Eternity. Not so into dark/emo, and my mesmer has lighter armor (white/red), so I’ll go Sunrise!
I sold the Armored Scale and Powerful Blood I had in plans of making Shark Statue (difference between buy and sell price meant I lost very little in this change of heart). Luckily, the Gift of Metal I already made was common between Sunrise and Kamohoali’i
Buy orders for Charged Cores and Lodestones and Dawn
I already had 225 AC tokens, it was 3 hours until reset, so I needed to do 2 runs before 4pm and 3 after 4pm.
I finished all the paths, collecting the charged lodestones while waiting for parties. Dawn got delivered around the 3rd run.
I had everything, my friend asked me where I wanted to make it. We discussed options: under The Grove, the instanced JP in Mount Maelstrom, under Rata Sum, on top of the Avatar rocks in Caledon…. But I already had asked myself this question, and I KNEW where I wanted to make it.

I told him my plan, he laughed and just asked me if I was sure and what would happen if we couldn’t do it, I just said we’d have to wait and try again.
So a couple of us form a party and start killing mobs and completing events.
Gotta go quick, not going to make it.
With less than 2 minutes left, Scarlet Briar finally appears.
She is not even close to a WP, so we have to run from half way across Bloodtide Coast.
She’s in the cave! barely a dent in her HP, about 1:10 to go.
Standing next to Scarlet, I link all the ingredients in chat, then use my friend’s conduit to make Sunrise, link it, equip it, savagely beat Scarlet with it.
I kid you not, the timer was down to 0 seconds remaining when she gave her ‘death is not good enough for her’ speech. Event Successful!

That’s what I did this weekend, how was yours?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

I finished crafting Twilight about three weeks ago. After fishing Dusk out of the toilet in early May, I figured that I could complete my first Legendary by the end of August. Fortunately the gathering, hoarding, and grinding progressed a little faster than expected. I am extremely happy with my new toy and quite excited about its upcoming power and flexibility boosts (yay Sept. 3rd patch!).

Attachments:

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

Update:

Gift of Fortune: Done
Gift of Mastery: Done
Gift of Incinerator: Just the 500 dungeon tokens remaining. Which is going to take ages because of “experienced only!”. Not going to get experience if you do not let me come.

And of course, the precursor. The price just went up again, so I think I am just going to pause my quest for this legendary. I can not keep up with the constant price increases.

in Crafting

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Bifrost > missed item “the Legend” chance to get that > almost 0,001 % chance.
Buying no option, getting realy no go. So it end after 1 year grinding on this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

1. Bifrost
2. All the gifts except the ridiculously overprices t6 gifts.
3.Spent 110g today on t6 and still not finished gift of magic. Gift of might even further away.
4. Precursor was fished from the toilet with 92 lvl 80 staves, which costed around 180g. Quite a saving compared to current price of The Legend.

in Crafting

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

Crafting Twilight, just missing Dusk to complete it. Hate risking it at the forge, but with the Dusk price going up to an unreasonable amount, it may come to gambling with the RNG gods. >_<’

Can’t wait for ANET to announce some info on crafting precursors…

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Prescursor has been the only thing keeping me from getting my legendary for quite some time. That and I have 7 alts I need to outfit, but plopping 300 gold just seems like a waste.

I’m not even bothering with the mystic outhouse because I will just lose with my statistically verified bad luck. Took me nearly 450 ectos just to get my clovers done, I feel I’ve probably already dumped enough junk in there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Got everything I need for Sunrise now, except the precursor. I don’t think I’ll ever have enough money to buy it off the trade post (and I really don’t want to either), and going by experience I’d sooner die of old age than getting lucky enough to find one from the Mystic Forge or as a loot drop. I guess I’ll just wait for that precursor update…

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

1. Unknown
2. Gift of Mastery
3. Half way through Gift of Fortune. All I need are the 250 ectos and half the mats for Gift of Might.
4. Officially waiting for information on the new legendries and craftable precursors. Until then, I’ll just focus on finishing GoF and farming gold for possibly needed items in the future.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So I have gift of mastery, gift of fortune and almost all gold needed for gift of Twilight
What I lack: Dusk…. and I will never gonna have it until they release precursor crafting :/

in Crafting

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

i just need explore, im on 85% at the moment, its killing me, i have such a short attention span :C

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I have: Gift of fortune, gift of mastery, at least 30-60 of every lodestone (including cores), an extra stack of every T6 mat. Things to make common recipes like gift of wood and metal. And spare gold to buy a precursor if needed.
Waiting on Anet to release new legendary things so that I may get the new axe or sword asap.
However if the misfortune hits that the new ones do not use fortune or mastery I will finish kamohoali as it is a very nice spear and I have everything to do so now. Then I will make the new ones. But I hope it doesn’t come to that.

in Crafting

Posted by: mginn.4502

mginn.4502

Everything’s done except Icy Runestones and Zap. Got enough gold to buy the runestones, but sitting on that—since it’s a fixed cost—until I get Zap.

So frustrating being so close, and yet so far.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

1 twilight took 6 months to get with heavy playing. I bout everything when dusk was 750g. So took me a bit to get. I’m not motivated to fight for any of the other legendarily whose effects I see as significantly lesser.

in Crafting

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

Finally crafted my Sunrise last night. Been a tough and long way (probably still way easier due to the farm frenzy that we got nowadays), but definitely worth it. Every single piece of it has been farmed, no precursor/lucky drops :<

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

I am about 100g away from crafting Bolt. I’m not sure what I should do right now though. I have about 50-60g in mats right now that I could sell and really push me closer to finishing, but I don’t know if I should sell them or use them to help me craft to 500 so I can craft Ascended weapons. Thinking I might just sell and get my other Ascended weapons later.

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

in Crafting

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

I would not even consider starting unless the precurser I wanted dropped for me. It simply is not that big of a deal to me as I see legendaries everywhere. All you need is gold or real life money… not really legendary in my opinion.

in Crafting

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

I’m almost at the point of being able to make TWO Legendarily.. only thing I’m missing are the precursors.

I’m in the same boat as “everyone” else now where dusk is at 900g and Dawn is at 750g
soon they will be 2000g each and Anet will still have done nothing about it

in Crafting

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Until there is some tangible way to get a precursor beyond absurd amounts of gold and rng, I won’t even start trying to make one. Given that legendaries don’t have any unique stat boost, I don’t see the point.

in Crafting

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Gift of fortune done.
Gift of twilight done.
16% mapletion remains for gift of mastery. Going to resume only after I get the precursor.
Precursor: Going to wait until the recipes are out. TP is no longer an option and mystic toilet was never one.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Crafting

Posted by: fey.5438

fey.5438

Everything ready for Eternity except dusk and dawn.
Guess why…

in Crafting

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Can’t wait till tomorrow update

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

All gifts since June 2013, threw 600g to MF still no Dusk ^^ …

in Crafting

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

200-ish of each T6 mat to go for my gifts of might and magic. Aside from that another 150 ecto and 100 Icy runestone.

With that I’ll have everything to create the Flameseeker Prophecies.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I started my list of items I’ll need to craft a legendary!

Looks like I’ll be needing a lot of T6 fine materials… I’ll need to spend a bit more time in Orr, me thinks…

in Crafting

Evans.6347

You’re probably better off running dungeons for gold LadyRhonwyn. The advantage is that you can spend the tokens on exotics to salvage for ecto or dark matter.

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You’re probably better off running dungeons for gold LadyRhonwyn. The advantage is that you can spend the tokens on exotics to salvage for ecto or dark matter.

I prefer not to go to dungeons. And I don’t care about that ascended junk, so no need for dark matter. And I’m in no hurry.

in Crafting

Evans.6347

Fair enough

in Crafting

Posted by: zzal.4163

zzal.4163

got everything to make kudzu except deadly blooms ( TA dungeon ). tryed it in many different groups still not done it once but i will keep trying hehe..

in Crafting

Posted by: Scar Of The Lotus.5631

Scar Of The Lotus.5631

Going for Meteorlogicus!
I’ve been working at it since about the beginning of August, before the changes were made. Since then, ive got almost everything done. I bought the precursor when it was only 150g, so I got lucky there xD
All that I need to complete it are the following- 75 more Icy Runestones, and I need to finish the stacks of Powerful Blood, Vicious Fangs, Armored Scales, and Ancient Bones. Then I will be done!

in Crafting

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

Going for Flameseeker, Missing 100-150 of each of the T6 (except C Dust) and a few dungeon tokens. Unfortunately i’m pretty broke ATM.

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

Latest update on my Incinerator progress:

Gift of Fortune: Done
Gift of Mastery: Done
Gift of Incinerator: Still the 500 dungeon tokens remaining. Luckily we are getting the dungeon finder soon, so hopefully I will finally be able to get this soon.
Precursor: Obtained, wooo! Cost me 510gold from the Trading Post, but it was cheaper than it has been in a while. Yay for buy orders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Varkronn.9783

Varkronn.9783

Everything ready bar 146 ectos and the two gift recipes. Feels like the hardest part atm, feeling fatigue even though I know it pales in comparison to what I’ve already done.

in Crafting

KitaYumi.7048

And I am done! I finally obtained my Incinerator!
Thanks to the Dungeon Finder being enabled on my account, I was able to get all 500 dungeon tokens required in one day (I was exhausted afterwards however!).
Very happy I am finally done with it, now I can work on regaining all the gold I spend on it, since I am feeling really poor now!

in Crafting

Posted by: Skoll.6754

Skoll.6754

I told myself in GW2 that I’d probably never make a legendary – however, when 3 friends of mine I usually run dungeons with were going for Bolt, Incinerator and Howler, I was like, ‘I will not has a shiny!’ So three months later of farming for mats..With no luck of 389g down mystic crapper for The Colossus, I ended up spending 560g for it and I do not regret on bit of it!

Attachments:

Nicholai Of Dusk – Sylvari Dragonhunter – Northern Shiverpeaks
27 80’s and counting. 25k AP.

in Crafting

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

got my Bolt on 10th Sept.

i never thought that i would craft a legendary. always thought it was so time consuming. and then something came up. at the time i already have 400g in my bank and the unsold 9 stack of ectos at TP which i bought earlier for 19s . the Scarlet LS suddenly made me richer. and then ANET introduced the new crafting tier and finally my ectos in the TP sold for 27s each.

i have always been an enthusiatic gatherer, and the new demand for orichalcum and ancient wood has made me a lot more richer than before.

when i finally got the Gift of Ascalon, i crafted my Bolt.

EDIT :

i’m currently working on my next target – Kudzu. already got the Gift of Mastery.

Attachments:

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Going for Frostfang, myself.

Gift of Mastery: Gotten!
Gift of Fortune: Gotten!
Gift of Frostfang: Gotten!
Tooth of Frostfang: Yeah right.

Of course, the price of the precursor had to jump 250 gold when I was close to getting it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Enhanced my signature by The Dreamer yesterday night. After being a bit sceptic about shooting unicorns at first, after I finished it I love it!

I will use my last two gifts of explo to craft both Kamohoali’i Kotaki and Frenzy simultaneously. After that I will buy Quip from the TP and my Thief will have every weapon he can equip.

I dare you to bring the legendary armor, ArenaNet!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I have Zap and Give of Twilight + all other mats for Twilight. Still want dusk but not ready to give up Zap. I got Dusk on a buy order of 600g (wishful I know) but maybe Ill get lucky. I’ve been putting in a few weapons every now and then, and all 76+ rares I find.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Update. Bought some yellows to try my luck, told myself it’ll be the last time I’ll gamble on Dusk (or dawn). Had a high return on exotics, usually I break them down or resell them for more chances but this time I was like “Oh what the heck” I put in 4 random exotics and…

Attachments:

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

Currently need 2 things and Ill make The Dreamer.
1. The Lover
2. 80-120 ectos.

I say 80-120 because I do boss dailies.

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

Working on The Dreamer.

Have:
Gift Of Wood (this was the easiest)
Unicorn Statue (TA was surprisingly fun, but I’m glad I’m done with that)
Gift of Battle (thank god for the achievement chests!)
The Bloodstone Shard (FS Champ run helped here)
Superior Sigil of Purity. (straight out bought this on the TP)

Need:
World Completion. (3.5 maps to go + WvW maps + Chantry of Secrets, better start walking and fighting)
350 Obsidian Shards for the Clovers and Gift of Mastery. (Cathedral of Glorious Victory is always contested.. :/ have 925k karma)
T6 Mats. (Only at about 10% of all the T6 I need. ugh…)
92 Icy Runestones. (JORMAG!!!)
300 Ectos. ( ugh…)

Last but not least, The Lover. (worry about that later)

(edited by Reaper.1695)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

180 exotics down the toilet and no Zap

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

180 exotics down the toilet and no Zap

So only another 500 or so to go before anyone looks surprised. Another 1,000 or so after that before even the kindest souls look concerned.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

:D sunrise was half-donated from a friend

Attachments:

Brando [SC] Snow Crows