Post your legendary progress!

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Honestly, I am even fine with grinding gold for dusk, but I am disgusted by the gift of mastery uber-grind.

The Gift of Mastery was the first gift I got… It was the easiest to get with normal gameplay. The rest requires farming.

in Crafting

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Honestly, I am even fine with grinding gold for dusk, but I am disgusted by the gift of mastery uber-grind.

The Gift of Mastery was the first gift I got… It was the easiest to get with normal gameplay. The rest requires farming.

Well…

250 Vial of Powerful Blood 250 Powerful Venom Sac 250 Elaborate Totem 250 Pile of Crystalline Dust

250 Vicious Fang 250 Armored Scale 250 Vicious Claw 250 Ancient Bone

250 Glob of Ectoplasm

77 Mystic Clover

I am not getting this via normal gameplay. This means to me, farming CoF for gold, buying the stuff

banished from time and space

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Well…

250 Vial of Powerful Blood 250 Powerful Venom Sac 250 Elaborate Totem 250 Pile of Crystalline Dust

250 Vicious Fang 250 Armored Scale 250 Vicious Claw 250 Ancient Bone

250 Glob of Ectoplasm

77 Mystic Clover

I am not getting this via normal gameplay. This means to me, farming CoF for gold, buying the stuff

No, but the Gift of Mastery needs a Bloodstone Shard, Obsidian Shards, Gift of Exploration and those WvW tokens (which I all got from my achievement chests :P).

The Gift of Might and Gift of Magic are a major pain, I 100000% agree! (and because of that, the Gift of Fortune).

in Crafting

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

For the T6 mats like fangs and bones etc don’t forget you can use laurels to get a heavy crafting bag which gives you 3 T6 mats. Also you will get lots when you make clovers. But ya it’s a farm still one way or another.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

For the T6 mats like fangs and bones etc don’t forget you can use laurels to get a heavy crafting bag which gives you 3 T6 mats. Also you will get lots when you make clovers. But ya it’s a farm still one way or another.

No, you can get a lot of them when crafting clovers…. Or, if you’re as (un)lucky as I am, you craft 77 clovers and hardly get any extra materials…

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

Wooohoooo. Purchased Zap this morning. Clovers done.

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

No, you can get a lot of them when crafting clovers…. Or, if you’re as (un)lucky as I am, you craft 77 clovers and hardly get any extra materials…

Fair enough. I got lots… does that make me lucky or unlucky in this case? LOL

The laurels are guaranteed though for 3 items.

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Fair enough. I got lots… does that make me lucky or unlucky in this case? LOL

Well, I was hoping for more T6 materials, so I was unlucky :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Made bifrost quite a while back. Got both my universal gifts ready for the second. Just waiting to see if I want one of the new legendary weapons.

T6 going to spike from ascended armor… sorry to everyone this effects : (

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

cmud.5689

Made bifrost quite a while back. Got both my universal gifts ready for the second. Just waiting to see if I want one of the new legendary weapons.

T6 going to spike from ascended armor… sorry to everyone this effects : (

Congrats!
As for the mats…yes. It is brutal. I am considering farming for those heavy moldy bags that drop from Orr trash. Once I acquire 250 I crack them all just to see if it’s worth sell/open and post the results. I mean… 4x pieces of ancient bone will cost you a little bit over 1 gold. Thats stupid…

in Crafting

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Just turned all my dungeon tokens into armor and salvaged it, just need 15 more globs of ecto. And the remaining 4% of map exploration.
So far, map completion has been the biggest issue in my legendary progress. I dislike playing alone, but most maps, even in places like Desolation and Gandara are completely barren.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Crafting

Posted by: NanoDot.1708

NanoDot.1708

Just finished The Dreamer with the help of my hubby and wonderful guildies. x3 They pitched in for more than half of the precursor. <3

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

1. Which legendary are you going for?
Kudzu
2. Do you have any gifts? If so, which one?
Gift of Kudzu done, close on Gift of Mastery
3. Which gift are you working on? And how far have you come on it?
Gift of Mastery, only missing the obisidian shards.

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

I had about half my gossamer bolts and half my orichalcum ingots, but with all the talk about tanking TP prices decided to just buy the rest this morning while prices were low. Thank you TP flippers for miscalculating on supply and demand!!

I have about 1/3 of my T6 materials and 5 charged lodestones… only 95 to go, but at one a day it still keeps me on schedule for mid-March completion of Bolt.

in Crafting

Posted by: Liquid Rhino.7192

Liquid Rhino.7192

Frenzy completed last night. Very tired.

Attachments:

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

Woooo hoooo! 100% map completion attained! That was the hardest part after the precursor. Bolt…. I’m coming for you.

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

So I changed my mind on the legendary I want. Instead of Bolt I’m making Sunrise. Not a big deal though since the requirements are exactly the same except that I needed leather instead of gossamer.

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I wish I had your luck or patience or whatever it is Rhino. I am tempted to make sunrise but I dunno… it’s a lot of gold. Also not sure who to even give it to.

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I caved this weekend and bought the missing T6 materials in bulk from the TP.

So, I finished my Frenzy. And took it on a spin in Orr. I really like it. (though some would call me silly for wanting an underwater legendary, I simply love underwater combat…)

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

After Frosty and Howler, i plan on going for Kraitkin.

in Crafting

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

So after coming back from a 6month haitus i finish my predator.

So my original twilight dated last year costed roughly 790-900g.
This twilight because of the stupid gift of wood which is also in competition with ascended mats costed me over 1200g.

:\

Sigh…. inflation… i know i told myself id never do it again, however i wanted a complete legendary swap on my war.

And i am really regretting it cuz of how much things have inflated and i could of probably decked myself in full ascended at the cost of that single rifle.

in Crafting

Posted by: Magicus.4302

Magicus.4302

Finally forged my first legendary last night: Meteorlogicus! I’ve been working towards a legendary since the game’s release and was originally going to go for the Bifrost, but after they updated it to modify the projectiles, I shifted gears towards the scepter (plus they added the footstep to it).

There was a buy order for 2000g, which made me pause for a second before equipping it

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Goal — Twilight
- Dusk — Currently saving. Still need ~300 more gold (buying straight from TP)
- Gift of Twilight – Already made
- Gift of Fortune – Only need 76 more clovers (1/77)
- Gift of Mastery – Just need 57 obsidian shards (76,961 of 119,700) Need 42,739 karma

Goal – Twilight
— Dusk – Already acquired
— Gift of Twilight – Already made
— Gift of Mastery – Already made
— Gift of Fortune – Only need 58 more clovers (19/77)
____
Now starting on The Moot
- The Energizer – Already acquired
- Gift of Entertainment
— Need Gift of Beetletun
— Need Gift of Metal
— Need Sigil of Energy
— 100 Icy Runestones already acquired
- Gift of Fortune
— Need Gift of Might
— Need Gift of Magic
— Need 77 Mystic Clovers
— Need 250 Globs of Ectoplasm
- Gift of Mastery
— Gift of Exploration already acquired
— Gift of Battle already aquired
— Need 250 Obisidan Shards
— Need 1 Bloodstone Shard

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

It took me over 300 ectos to get my 77 clovers, so I figured hey I’ll keep using this recipe to get T6 mats once I’m done with clovers.

So once I was done, I kept going, and 60 ectos later I had 50 more clovers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Torque.2948

Torque.2948

I quit playing this game due the incredibly horrid drop rate of the precursors. The only thing I had left was the precursor, also 2 more of my friends quit for the same reason. Now we play World of Warcraft again due to the balance we get in pvp and not have to worry about the horrid drop rates. I will play that until EQN comes out. RIP GW2!! Next time they might want to consider not nerfing the drop rates of items and crafting mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I quit playing this game due the incredibly horrid drop rate of the precursors. The only thing I had left was the precursor, also 2 more of my friends quit for the same reason. Now we play World of Warcraft again due to the balance we get in pvp and not have to worry about the horrid drop rates. I will play that until EQN comes out. RIP GW2!! Next time they might want to consider not nerfing the drop rates of items and crafting mats.

I feel for you
Like you, I have never gotten a precursor drop till now and I have been playing since headstart (25th August 2012), but that does that mean I shouldn’t enjoy the game? Obviously, no. Legendaries aren’t everything. But yes, it does make me feel very sad when I see people getting pre drops after few tries in MT whereas I flushed down >200g trying to get one.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Crafting

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

I posted 4 months ago everything I needed. This is the update. I need 120 ectos, 130 piles of crystalline dust and 80 scales. I will have Sunrise with those items.

in Crafting

Gnat.9405

Frostfang

Have:
– Gift of Frostfang
– Gift of Mastery
– Gift of Magic
– 1/3 Gift of might
– 77 Clovers
– 250 Ecto
Need
– 2/3 Gift of Might
– Tooth of Frostfang

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

After my Sunrise, I’m now getting close to my Meteorlogicus.

I have :
- Gift of Mastery
- Storm
- Gift of Fortune

For my gift of Meteorlogicus I only need 30 Charged Lodestone and my 100 Icy Runestone. I’ll probably gonna have it by the beginning of the next week.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Changed my mind from Kudzu to Meteorlogicus.
Only missing the Gift of Knowledge 72/500.
Edit: Finished

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

(edited by kyro.8162)

in Crafting

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

so after a year of playing ive almost finished 6 legendaries.

Finished: The Dreamer, sunrise, Twilight (combined for eternity), Kudzu, Frenzy

Almost complete: Kamohoali’i Kotaki. all im short is 104 skill points for the bloodstone shard so i MIGHT get there before christmas day and if not ill have it by new years

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

in Crafting

Posted by: Ravenmorghane.9287

Ravenmorghane.9287

So I got Dusk and The Lover drop after a few days gambling in the forge (800k karma for the former, 40g for the latter) I’ve decided that perhaps I am destined for a legendary after all! Gave the Dusk to my boyfriend so he could get twilight (its his xmas present) so its become a bit of a friendly race to legendary

Progress so far

• Selling the lover to get leaf of kudzu, because I don’t want rainbows!
  • 250 obsidian shards away from gift of mastery – already had most of the gift from playing generally so that was easy
  • still farming t6 mats, and some generous donations from guildies
  • farming wood for gift of wood, got my weaponsmith to 400 and leatherworker is halfway there.

So there’s a chance I might have it early 2014 I guess..

in Crafting

Posted by: Narukar.2386

Narukar.2386

1. Which legendary are you going for?
Already got Sunrise, Bolt and Flameseeker, going for Eternity and Kamohoali’i Kotaki
2. Do you have any gifts? If so, which one?
For Twillight i only miss 134 Shards and 200skill points
For Kamohoali’i Kotaki i need gift of Fortune and Gift of Mastery
3. Which gift are you working on? And how far have you come on it?
Eternity first then Ascendend Armor then Kamohoali’i Kotaki
4. Addition information you want us to know, maybe a picture.
Pics commin when Eternity done

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

So, here I’m finally done with my legendary…

Then comes along the daily throw junk in the MF for an achievement point. And out comes The Hunter… (4 random rares…)

I do like The Hunter in itself. But I also like The Predator. So, what shall I do… Go for another legendary (which will take me at least another year), replace my Mystic Rifle for The Hunter or sell it…

in Crafting

Gnat.9405

Frostfang

Have:
– Gift of Frostfang
– Gift of Mastery
– Gift of Magic
– 1/3 Gift of might
– 77 Clovers
– 250 Ecto
Need
– 2/3 Gift of Might
– Tooth of Frostfang

Finished Frosty:)

in Crafting

Posted by: Annelotte.8105

Annelotte.8105

My 4th Legendary Kraitkin

- Venom (100%)

- Gift Of Kraitkin (100%)

- Gift Of Mastery (100%)

Gift Of Fortune (40.5%)

Only need The Gift Of Magic,185/250 Globs Of Ectoplasm, & The Mystic Clovers(10/77) for Forge the weapon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Alex.6528

Alex.6528

Going for The Juggernaut
- got everything except the precursor (been like that for the last 10 months)
In the mean while, I’m working on Twilight, Frostfang and possibly Howler/Legendary Spear.
- just working on the gifts of mastery/fortune until I’m ‘fortunate’ enough to get a precursor
Congrats to those on their 2/3/4t legendary, though i hate you :P (jokes)

in Crafting

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m getting so close I’m starting to get anxious.

All I need:
- 1 more AC dungeon run
- 97 more badges of honor
- about 100 each of the T6 mats except for ecto and dust, which I have all of already
- 100 icy runestones (but I have the gold already)

My gosh it’s a slow grind to get those T6 mats. The drop rate is dismal. There’s something wrong with this game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

40g worth of ectos left till my Frostfang which will be my third legendary weapon. If rng is on my side I might be able to finish it before the end of the year.

(And done 8 hours later. Proud owner of a brand new Frostfang ^^)

(edited by Taku.6352)

in Crafting

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Congrats to the people who got their Legendaries! I’ve been thinking about which one I want to go for, I originally wanted to go for The Incinerator, but then I burned out on the game while grinding for the materials. Now though, I think I might go for Frostfang. I’ve been throwing level 80 rare axes in the forge everyday hoping to get the precursor to drop.

I do it once when I log in, before the World Boss/Event train and twice before logging off. If I stick with it I may end up getting the precursor to drop.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Crafting

Posted by: PurebladeProductions.4875

PurebladeProductions.4875

Going for Sunrise, progress so far:
Dawn: Nope.

Gift of Mastery: Finished (very first gift that I finished)

Gift of Sunrise
Sigil: Finished
100 Icy Runestones: Finished
Gift of Metal: Finished
Gift of Light: Still 87 charged lodestones to go…

Gift of Fortune
250 Ectoplasm: Finished
77 Mystic Clovers: Finished
Gift of Might: 250 bones, 250 claws, 105 fangs, 101 scales.
Gift of Magic: 97 blood, 14 dust, 79 totems, 128 venom sacs.

Pureblade – Maelstrom Warriors [MW] – Gandara (EU)
8/9 Professions, Asura Guardian main.

in Crafting

Posted by: JayyxDawg.5081

JayyxDawg.5081

I have everything I need for Twilight, minus Dusk, and I’ve almost finished the Gift of Sunrise.
I’ll probably end up crafting Sunrise first, seeing as Dawn is cheaper than Dusk, and I have no luck with the forge whatsoever.

In the mean time, working on finishing the Gifts of Fortune and Mastery again. I gave up on Bifrost and The Dreamer. Maybe one day I’ll attempt them again.

Human pin-cushion
Tarnished Coast [NA]

(edited by JayyxDawg.5081)

in Crafting

cmud.5689

So one month after I decided to go for twilight, I got to:
- gift of exploration
- gift of battle
- bloodstone shard
- 77 mystic clovers
- 51 obsidian shards

*need 199 o-shards in order to have the gift of mastery ready but only 80k karma :/

• haven’t bothered with rest of the gift———-

But to be honest, the biggest deal is the precursor that I dont have. I have been trying really hard to get my gold flowing so I can just buy it, but it is certailnly the hardest part. I do not like to sit for hours in FGS so I am trying it via tp, crafting, etc. Currently sitting at 60g bank + 200g in investments (if I would sell now), hoping to get double on the investments part.

Well, at least it gives purpose to the game

in Crafting

Posted by: Imthespa.7624

Imthespa.7624

Frostfang… need the precursor… refuse to buy precursor… waiting for anet to take their sweet time on a precursor update. kitten

in Crafting

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Going for the Bifrost.

Everything done, except for the precursor. Tried 300 times in forge → fails. Waiting for precursor crafting. Move on to ascended weapon craft.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Crafting

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I made bifrost in August after a lucky forge, and then last weekend I finished The Dreamer due to a lucky forge. Now I’m out of gifts of exploration. Time to go get some more !

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

Howler done!

more redundant characters cause my message needs to exceed 15 characters!

in Crafting

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

Twilight

Progress so far:

Dusk: Yes, received as drop from Ancient Karka event

Gift of Twilight: Complete

Gift of Mastery: Complete

Gift of Fortune: In-work
-250 Ectoplasm – Yes
-77 Mystic Clovers – Yes
-Gift of Might – No
-Gift of Magic – No

(edited by Liet Talen.7284)

in Crafting

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Last week I was shy about 100 gold in materials. Yesterday while doing the frostgorge zerging I netted The Lover. Sold for 450g. I am now the proud owner of Sunrise and I still have 350g in the bank. WOOT!

in Crafting

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

The Minstrel

The Bard – Completed
Gift of Mastery : Completed
Gift of the Minstrel : Completed
Gift of forture : 77 clovers, 250 glob of ectoplasm and 250 Totem and 250 Crystalline Dust

Only 6 stacks of T6 remaining… It’s so long to farm those so I keep buying some here and there.

I was going for Bifrost at first, but the price of the precursor made me change idea. Going for my less expensive one first.