Potionmaking: How to level Artificer 1-400

in Crafting

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I have found an awesome way to get to level 400 Artificer, where for 1-375 all you do is make potions. It is pretty cheap to do because you can avoid all fine crafting materials, and one of the biggest benefits is that you can merch these items (especially the tuning crystals) to make your money back. The reason this works is because the exp you get for crafting a potion is similar to crafting a weapon, and it turns out to be a lot less expensive than the weapon crafting guides floating around.

0-25 Apprentice Tuning Crystal: 6 Pile of Glittering Dust
25-50 Weak Potion of Nightmare Court Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Head of Lettuce + 1 Spinach Leaf + 1 Tiny Venom Sac
50-75 Weak Potion of Dredge Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Copper Ore + 1 Lump of Tin + 1 Pile of Glittering Dust
75-100 Journeyman Tuning Crystal: 6 Pile of Shimmering Dust
100-125 Minor Potion of Centaur Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Thin Leather Section + 1 Carrot + 1 Pile of Shimmering Dust
125-150 Minor Potion of Dredge Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Iron Ore + 1 Silver Ore + 1 Pile of Shimmering Dust
150-175 Standard Tuning Crystal: 6 Pile of Radiant Dust
175-200 Potion of Centaur Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Coarse Leather Section + 1 Carrot + 1 Pile of Radiant Dust
200-225 Potion of Dredge Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Iron Ore + 1 Gold Ore + 1 Pile of Radiant Dust
225-250 Artisan Tuning Crystal: 6 Pile of Luminous Dust
250-275 Strong Potion of Centaur Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Rugged Leather Section + 1 Carrot + 1 Pile of Luminous Dust
275-300 Strong Potion of Dredge Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Gold Ore + 1 Platinum Ore + 1 Pile of Luminous Dust
300-325 Quality Tuning Crystal: 6 Pile of Incandescent Dust
325-350 Potent Potion of Centaur Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Carrot + 1 Thick Leather Section + 1 Pile of Incandescent Dust
350-375 Potent Potion of Dredge Slaying: 1 Jug of Water + 1 Mithril Ore + 1 Platinum Ore + 1 Pile of Incandescent Dust
375-400, I recommend making rare weapons using the mats you have available or the cheapest mats on the TP.

I hope you enjoy this guide!

Originally posted on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10zg4y/potionmaking_how_to_level_artificer_1400/

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

Huh … does this mean we can actually lvl it without the need of using fine crafting mat? Would be nice since I plan to give artificer to my mesmer.

in Crafting

Kuzzi.2198

Yes, it is really awesome if you are also doing another profession that uses up all your fine mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Wow, thanks! This is great since my other professions are hogging the mats.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Kuzzi.2198

I’d also like to add that this is a relatively cheap and very fast way to powerlevel any of your alts 10 levels.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ketsueki.3082

Ketsueki.3082

Just spent around 1.2g and got 1-375

in Crafting

Posted by: LSB.2890

LSB.2890

I just did it and it look about 1 gold for 10 levels. Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: draculthemad.6273

draculthemad.6273

Every single one of these recipes uses at least one fine crafting material.

Granted, its usually dust which is the cheapest, but still.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

This is awesome. Thank you for sharing something very useful.

I am book marking this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah, I’m 375 now and have to do just a little bit more. Though selling those potions I’ve found to be pointless as no one buys them. I just merch the ones I don’t use.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Ty for posting the guide and thanks to the original author. Leveling it from 1 to 400 wiht a combination of bought and owned mats technically only costed 40 silver, way cheapter than leveling the other 4 mats I currently have.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Great guide. I still went ahead and made a couple items, cuz I could put them to use., and did some skilling up changing logs into planks, cuz that’s like free xp. And also there’s a bunch of other potions you can make. The ones in the O.P. are the cheapest to make, but considering how much more xp you get from discovery than from production, I found it fruitful. Plus you know you’ll get good use of potions of undead slaying, for example.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethan.4869

Ethan.4869

Great guide… I only spent ~1g from 100-400. Tnx

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryner.6895

Ryner.6895

sweet, 1-375 cost me only 60silver

Please add in pve pk. Ty xoxoxoxo
ET – Heavens Blades

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Thanks for this guide. My artificer character has fallen way behind in that since my other characters (and his other craft) have been using all the materials.

It should be noted, though, that putting this out there might reduce or remove the profitability from what it was for the OP, since more people will be buying the same mats to make the same potions, so mats will go up and potions will go down in price.

But still, even if the price doubles or triples, it looks to be more affordable in terms of both time and money than leveling up with insignias and weapons and suchlike.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhellion.8421

Rhellion.8421

This is an outstanding guide.

in Crafting

Hippocampus.8470

As an update, I took artificing from 187 to 376 for a total cost of a bit under 60s (after selling back untradeable potions, that is). Since low-level mats are still a bit disproportionately expensive, I’d currently guesstimate maybe twice that to start all the way from 0.

in Crafting

Posted by: paroxysm.1796

paroxysm.1796

Spent 1.08g 122-376, this method is a godsend.

in Crafting

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Isn’t discovering everything still cheaper?

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Crafting

Hippocampus.8470

To discover everything you go through more fine materials. This list is nice because the only fine material it requires is dust, which is generally the cheapest.

Also, any money saved trying to optimize it further is outweighed by the effort required to figure out what to purchase in what quantities and making sure you really have the cheapest combination and so on.

in Crafting

Posted by: hakurface.2619

hakurface.2619

bumped folks take a look atit

in Crafting

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

This is great. Just makes you poor though !

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

in Crafting

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Does a pile mean a full stack?

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Does a pile mean a full stack?

No, assuming you mean “pile” as in “Pile of Shimmering Dust” then that is just part of the item name.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: slewhoof.9310

slewhoof.9310

what mats do you need to get the crystal recipes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

Just started working on this yesterday, but so far looks like you just need to put the 6 piles of X dust into discovery and you can get the recipe.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

The ruminant tonic should really be added to this list. It’s a level ~200 potion. Ingredients are red meat, water, radiant dust, and rugged leather section. I’m pretty sure I used it to get to from about 200 to 250. It’s a cheap way to level AND you get to turn into a moose (or ram, etc.) – so it’s marginally more useful than the vendor trash you’ll otherwise make.

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Thanks a lot OP, now my free 10 levels on alts is probably going to be nerfed somehow.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: konggorilla.2643

konggorilla.2643

Wow. does it really take about 1g to craft from 1-350ish?

Cos i’m assuming you need to make around 25 of the item at each stage, and checking the price of the mats of gw2spidy it seems to come out to about 3g?

Can anyone tell me how they craft so cheaply? (well, besides gathering I guess)

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Resell everything to vendors.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

Is this legit? does it still work after 6 months?

in Crafting

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Is this legit? does it still work after 6 months?

It does.

It’s more expensive now. The dusts use to sell for under 10 copper back in those days. Not anymore.

in Crafting

Posted by: Justfor.6018

Justfor.6018

Wicked cool guide !
Even if the price of the dusts went up, this method it’s the still the cheapest I’ve found.

Thanks to the OP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sickle.6502

Sickle.6502

I tried this out, and I have to say it works great.. 1-400.. VERY happy indeed.. Spent hardly anything on materials, except some dusts here and there.

I went from level 4 to 20 in the space of 30-45 mins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Great guide. Most of the ingredients required, I had and did not know what to do with.

in Crafting

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

The crystal part now is a bit expensive but still great, especially if you got most of the stuff.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/