Potions of ghost slaying - charged lodes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zinkey.6983

Zinkey.6983

Was glad to see the fix go out on the potion of ghost slaying in the most recent patch (especially with the AC revamp coming with it) but was then swiftly disappointed after finding out the recipe included charged lodestones.

Comparing with most of the other recipes for pots this is the only one with a ridiculous value in the ingredients (except possibly icebrood aswell which uses corrupted lodes). Generally the most expensive component is a t6 blood for example.

If its compared directly with the powerful flame legion recipe the cost of the lodestone alone for the ghost pot is virtually 3 times the cost of the entire recipe for FL.

Seems rather silly to me that one of the most difficult to acquire and certainly the most expensive lodestone is a ingredient in a recipe that is most likely to be used in a dungeon aimed at level 35+ players. I appreciate the recipe was probably designed early on before the games economy had developed as it has today but might I suggest a cheaper selection of ingredients to make the cost of this pot more in line with the cost of similar pots?

in Crafting

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Was glad to see the fix go out on the potion of ghost slaying in the most recent patch (especially with the AC revamp coming with it) but was then swiftly disappointed after finding out the recipe included charged lodestones.

Comparing with most of the other recipes for pots this is the only one with a ridiculous value in the ingredients (except possibly icebrood aswell which uses corrupted lodes). Generally the most expensive component is a t6 blood for example.

If its compared directly with the powerful flame legion recipe the cost of the lodestone alone for the ghost pot is virtually 3 times the cost of the entire recipe for FL.

Seems rather silly to me that one of the most difficult to acquire and certainly the most expensive lodestone is a ingredient in a recipe that is most likely to be used in a dungeon aimed at level 35+ players. I appreciate the recipe was probably designed early on before the games economy had developed as it has today but might I suggest a cheaper selection of ingredients to make the cost of this pot more in line with the cost of similar pots?

This sums up my thoughts exactlty.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Why would anybody need that potion anyway?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

This would be alright if they made Charged Lodes/Cores drop in the AC chests. Considering the friggin’ effort it takes to run it after the “fixes”, it most certainly wouldn’t be unfair.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

But AC is still so easy. I don’t get it. It’s not like arah where you really benefit from the potions.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Zinkey.6983

Zinkey.6983

But AC is still so easy. I don’t get it. It’s not like arah where you really benefit from the potions.

Although these potions are far from necessary to run the dungeon, they would still provide a bigger buff than other pots that could be used in AC. This aside still just because it may not be an item you would want/need to use in AC doesnt mean there are no players in the game who feel differently.

At the end of the day the item already exists in the game, and therefore is there with the intention of being used. However due to the recipe they are simply not worth being used.

With regards to lodestones/cores dropping in AC thats a much bigger change that may not address the problem still. All this would achieve would a price crash in charged lodes/cores but A. not necessarily to a point where the pots would be worth it relative to other pots, and B. would have a massive impact on the games economy. I personally think the lodestone aspect should be changed to a cheaper more appropriate alternative.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

A price crash in Charged Lodes/Cores would be very, very welcomed. I wouldn’t call it a price crash though, I’d call it a normalization of the price. It is stupid as it is.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)