Powerlevel crafting

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Vylor.3276

Vylor.3276

I know back in the day you used to be able to get quite a few levels off of crafting skills from 1-400. Now, I’m pretty sure that is no longer viable, right? I got my guard from 40-80 with only 3.5 crafting skills done. Is that still possible, or would I have to do more than that to get 40 levels,

Thanks!

Kizger Scorchclaw
Champion Magus/Paragon
80 Elementalist of [APeX]

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Anet changed the XP gained from crafting after they upped some crafts to 500. Problem is that now you get 10 levels per full craft like before but you must level it to 500 which will cost a lot of money. Other crafts which are still capped at 400 will give you only 7 levels.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Truewarlord.8346

Truewarlord.8346

@Bartas,

Can you tell me how switching disciplines are working? still 40/50 silver to switch back to maxed?

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

@Bartas,

Can you tell me how switching disciplines are working? still 40/50 silver to switch back to maxed?

Yes, the cost/crafting level is the same.

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Truewarlord.8346

Truewarlord.8346

@Bartas,

Thanks.
I will level up an alt only with craft. Don’t want to complete the same maps again.

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

@Bartas,

Thanks.
I will level up an alt only with craft. Don’t want to complete the same maps again.

this will cost you insane amount of gold tho. Although leveling most disciplines to 400 can be don with only as low as 2-3g (cooking) eventually you will have to farm some mats.

Good solution for shortage of higher end mats is to salvage everything you drop on your main character. Not only you get decent amount of Luck but also some of basic crafting materials.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If you’re trying to level an alt, use the 1-20 b-day/achievement scroll first, then craft all to 400. This will get you to 78 (iirc) and cost around 110g.

http://www.gw2crafts.net/
^best guide around, updates every 30m based on tp prices.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

All to 400 currently only 90g not 110g lol

Also, you can do 400-425 refining t6 and selling it at a profit

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

110 is for the fast method (which I think would be what the OP would use since he just wants an 80 fast/hastle free and doesn’t seem to care much about the cost)

Tarnished Coast

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

you can level an alt with less than 30g. Since it’s an alt, most of us have all the mats and even more than just the 250 the bank/collectible tab can hold. Some of the crafting can be done with purchasing items from heart vendors (not just for cooking). And even if you don’t have all mats, throughout the week the prices of the mats are much cheaper on the trading post than on weekends. To keep the story short, it’s still possible to level an alt with only crafting without wasting a lot of gold or effort.

Powerlevel crafting

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Even if you have the mats already it’ll still cost the same… as you could have sold those mats for that gold.

That website I linked updates every 30 mins based on TP prices. I guess if you wanted to try and save a few gold you could just watch the totals page.

Tarnished Coast