Precursor Scavenger Hunt?

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Lmao at the gift of gems. Nah, the scavenger hunt would probably be a once-per-character event chain. Like the black moa chain.

I look forward to it.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Neurotic.4328

Neurotic.4328

This is kitten i have Twilight ready to make but i’m unable to do so because this stupid precursor just rose to 600g because none were available… Ugh wished they had fixed recipe or their scavenger hunt was coming soon..

in Crafting

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

ArenaNet say what?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Izuna.5307

Izuna.5307

sorry but they need to fix there game befoe introducing anything new just like have we have to wait till end of Janurary for a fix or fractals thats been out for 2 months now so yeah i say a scavenger should come second to them fixing their stuff first

in Crafting

Posted by: Desbreko.7906

Desbreko.7906

All they need to do is make it so precursors can be sold on the TP once and then they become account bound to the buyer. There’d be a lot more available and prices would be lower without a handful of people being able to monopolize the market.

in Crafting

Posted by: Joel.6587

Joel.6587

ArenaNet say what?

Nice. Im taking a break atm from gw2. I had plans to get Sunrise for the longest time but after 400g into the Mystic Forge and no luck on events I decided it was best to just take a break. I’ll be back when the “scavenger hunt” goes into effect.

in Crafting

Izuna.5307

All they need to do is make it so precursors can be sold on the TP once and then they become account bound to the buyer. There’d be a lot more available and prices would be lower without a handful of people being able to monopolize the market.

What? How in the Hell would that make precursors more affordable if you knew it can only be sold once youd jack up the prices for it. Mmm i wish you thought about that before you posted.

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

What? How in the Hell would that make precursors more affordable if you knew it can only be sold once youd jack up the prices for it. Mmm i wish you thought about that before you posted.

But he’s right, at least that would stop resellers from let’s say:
Buying all the dusks on market as soon as another event similar to the karka comes out. Only to resell them later

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

sorry but they need to fix there game befoe introducing anything new just like have we have to wait till end of Janurary for a fix or fractals thats been out for 2 months now so yeah i say a scavenger should come second to them fixing their stuff first

true, but the precursor problem has been a problem since the game came out, that they have been yet to fix. So going in order, precursor should come before fotm, though, by all indications, i doubt it will.

i think they need to make some new endgame content, maybe extra skills and or traits or something, then again, they still have broken skills and traits…. sooo

guess not.

in Crafting

Desbreko.7906

And then everyone else would undercut you because they’d know not many people would be buying precursors and they wouldn’t want to pay a high listing fee just to have it sit unsold for months. And because they could only be sold once, people couldn’t buy up the lower priced ones to resell for profit. Thus, the price would fall until it reached what the people actually wanting to craft legendaries are willing to pay.

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

If anything, at least two parts of this “hunt” should be Trahearne’s Story completion and DM title. God knows what they have in mind though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

If anything, at least two parts of this “hunt” should be Trahearne’s Story completion and DM title. God knows what they have in mind though.

totally fine with that x)

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

While it’d be nice to tie in the Quest Line (I can’t bring my self to call it the personal story…) I’d only require they got as far as the last solo step at the the Source – the stupid transition to Arah story mode is NOT something you want to highlight about the game…

I’d like to see all three of the dragon lieutenant battle achievements as part of it – get landed on by the Claw of Jormag, fire ze lazer at Tequatl, and bust some crystal prisons around the the Shatter’s toes.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I’d like to see all three of the dragon lieutenant battle achievements as part of it – get landed on by the Claw of Jormag, fire ze lazer at Tequatl, and bust some crystal prisons around the the Shatter’s toes.

NO NO NO, that’s just silly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Well currently ppl are selling arah path 4 slots and kinda cheapens the dm title. There is something in under the dungeons tab in this forum that saids that.
So the dungeon achievement might not be a good idea.

in Crafting

Izuna.5307

And then everyone else would undercut you because they’d know not many people would be buying precursors and they wouldn’t want to pay a high listing fee just to have it sit unsold for months. And because they could only be sold once, people couldn’t buy up the lower priced ones to resell for profit. Thus, the price would fall until it reached what the people actually wanting to craft legendaries are willing to pay.

I give you a point sir but supply vs demand would out rule that get rid of the under-cutters you leave the real business people letting the fools sell for cheap once those fools are gone whos gonna be left

in Crafting

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

dont panic

I’m sure the scavanger hunt will be in soon, steps:
Find pants
Remove wallet
Open wallet
Remove credit card
Buy 10,000 gems
Go to exchange 10,000 gems for precurser of your choice
Discover dusk is 12,000

Problem solved

Ulfar SOR

in Crafting

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

They should give you one precursor of your choice after completing the personal story. That’s it. Simple?

in Crafting

Desbreko.7906

I give you a point sir but supply vs demand would out rule that get rid of the under-cutters you leave the real business people letting the fools sell for cheap once those fools are gone whos gonna be left

You seem to be assuming that demand for precursors far outweighs the supply. Personally, after watching the market for the popular ones for a few months and seeing blatant signs of manipulation, I don’t think that’s so much the case. I’m pretty sure that without people being able to resell them, there’d be a lot more for sale from a lot more people, and that would keep prices lower than they are now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saria.1460

Saria.1460

So my Storm Precursor was at 68g when I bought one yesterday. However, if, like so many other recipes (BUT CERTAINLY NOT ALL!) there are lodestones involved in the crafting of it. Then the precursor price will not be your biggest gold grind by a long shot.

EG for Bifrost, the legend costs 480g to buy at TP right now. but it doesn’t need any lodestones, only 100 Opal orbs (going at 2s 75c at time of writing. (2.7g for all!))

My Meteorologicus’ precursor was cheap but needs 100 charged lodestones to make. @3.6g right now on TP. (393g for 100)

Spark is 500g and still needs 100 charged lodestones. making it one of the most expensive legendaries to make.

Entirely depends what people go for but, some Legendaries are much more expensive than others, regardless of the Precursor prices.

in Crafting

Izuna.5307

You seem to be assuming that demand for precursors far outweighs the supply. Personally, after watching the market for the popular ones for a few months and seeing blatant signs of manipulation, I don’t think that’s so much the case. I’m pretty sure that without people being able to resell them, there’d be a lot more for sale from a lot more people, and that would keep prices lower than they are now.

It does outweigh the supply. Clear sign of that people kittening about cant afford precursors now that in itself thing is precursors will always be in demand. While the supply outputs would depend on players and rng. Also you the whole resale well that just economics if they do that then they’d screw up there whole trading post system and don’t talk about price manipulation if you don’t have proof. You cant say oh there’s a person controlling the market unlike most games you cant actually see whose selling the item. So its basically a conspiracy theory MAN!

in Crafting

Desbreko.7906

So do you have any points against my suggestion with actual reasoning behind them? Or are you just going to start another rant about not being able to prove manipulation? Because sure, if prices AREN’T being manipulated, then implementing my suggestion wouldn’t do any good. But if they ARE — and ANet should have the data to know for sure — what would be the downside to it?