Precursor Sigil swap is it safe?

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Q:

I know not to transmutate the actual weapon. I just want to confirm if its safe to swap the sigils. Cause i don’t really like rage sigil messing with my sigil fire procs. Though I can deal with it if I have to.

Just want a confirm on a sigil swap though messing with legendary crafting.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

I wouldn’t do it. I haven’t heard of this yet but people were transmuting their legendaries to other items with more preferred stats and it would allow them to put it back in the forge to create the legendary.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Crafting

Posted by: SeventhSon.8172

SeventhSon.8172

I put a fire sigil in my Sunrise and it still lets me put it in the mystic forge with other ingredients for eternity (dont have twilight yet tho)

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Sounds like it might be safe then. Thanks for info I will still hold off until I can get confirm from someone that did it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

I dropped a superior sigil of bloodlust in my Twilight and it remained the same legendary weapon status.

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

I changed the Sigil of Rage for a Sigil of Blood in my Zap and I was fine creating Bolt.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azumisaki.5436

Azumisaki.5436

Changing Sigil is fine for legendary, just dont transmuted it.

Yoonie – Warrior
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

is it confirmed? i thought it had to be … of Rage? well, apart from the fact that all precursors come with the Rage sigil?

over players have said they switched it, and i believe them too, so i only bring this up because while crafting corrupted weapons, the shaman’s etched “pre-cursors” have to be “Rage” as well. although, again, as i mentioned, there is only one pre-cursor for the Legendaries. whereas the shaman etched “pre-cursors” for the corrupted weapons have various versions..

just thinking out loud.
either way though, i personally wouldn’t switch the sigil and not even equip it and just use it for the crafting.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I still don’t even feel safe equipping my precursor, never mind swapping sigils out.

in Crafting

Posted by: Promega.7628

Promega.7628

I never equipped my Dusk either. Ran around for weeks with it in my bags before I crafted Twilight.