Precursor alternative suggestion

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

After everything was said and done, I’ve been thinking to follow Anet’s original concept of progress in game + experience of a journy that will lead you towards the legendary weapon.

This is not a new concept by the way, and share similarities with Aion’s daevic armor.

Per every character created that hit lv80, you get for example a “legendary fragment” or “shard of wisdom”.
Since we’re still talking about a legendary weapon here, you’ll need 6 ~ 8 fragments to be able to trade in for a precursor.

This way we solve the 1st legendary weapon and make it more enjoyable for everyone, and literally cut the repetitive grind by 50% (leveling an alt can be made in more than a few different ways rather than grinding gold by farming Orr or nodes runs for example)

Would like to hear opinions or further related suggestions if any.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

So I can just craft my way to 80 on multiple characters and then get my precursor that way?

Nope. And even if you couldnt craft to get exp, getting to 80 on 8 different characters is an even bigger grind then farming for a precursor. Come on man, did you even think this through? :P

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

- The precursor is 1/4th of the whole process.
- Crafting your way to 80 on several alts will cost you more than enough though that is not the intention.
- It doesn’t have to be 8 characters, it was an example.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

So what if its 1/4th of the process, you said you wanted an awesome quest to get it, I disagree that leveling multiple alts is not the way to do that.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Ermmm, no, ty. Just curious, how many chars with 100% map completion do you have?

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

Only 1.
I see no point for more atm.

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Only 1.

Come back when you have a few more and then tell me how awesome it was to get it.

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

Only 1.

Come back when you have a few more and then tell me how awesome it was to get it.

With 8 maxed out alts, and 2 on the way.
Loved every moment.
Also, I didn’t mention map completion…

Now, all I wanted was yes / no, better related suggestion.

in Crafting

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

This seems like it would go against Anet’s design philosophy. They want everyone who puts the time and effort on their one character to be able to obtain their legendary. I’m not saying that Anet hasn’t allowed the possibility of alts helping with the completion. I’m just saying that as it stands now a player on one character can craft two legendary weapons without using an alt, which is at the very least one new weapon set.

Utilizing a method like this would force players to level multiple alts and depending on the number of these shards needed might force them to purchase gems. It would also influence number of players power crafting to 80.

I understand you wanted more of a yes/no but I felt like it’s better to add constructive feedback. I don’t mind a system in which you gain pieces like this, but they need to be acquired in another manner then suggested.

Knowledge is power.

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

Fair enough, I understand my suggestion isn’t accepted.

However… I do feel that an alternative way of obtaining a soul bounded precursor should exist. If only for once per account even.
There’s already gift of Mastery that involves Karma, SP, Badges, and world completion – I love that idea but sadly it is only 1/4th of the progress, while the rest is pure gold grinding.

Precursor is a standalone weapon that unlike the rest of the requirements can be bounded to the player’s account and granted for achieving certain tasks.
The “fragments” is a start imo, that will involve global game progress and not grind specific such as “earn Z SP, earn Y karma, earn X badges”