Precursors from Forge

Precursors from Forge

in Crafting

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Just wondering if there’s any evidence to suggest that precursor drop rates are higher (or lower?) when throwing 4 different weapon types into the forge (random precursor) vs 4 of the same type.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Precursors from Forge

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

There is no evidence and I doubt there will ever be, let alone I don’t understand why Anet would encourage a different rate.

There is no rationale for that – to punish people who choose one way or another?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Precursors from Forge

in Crafting

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

There is no evidence and I doubt there will ever be, let alone I don’t understand why Anet would encourage a different rate.

There is no rationale for that – to punish people who choose one way or another?

I’m just not sure whether the RNG function is X% chance to drop a precursor, or X% chance for each precursor to drop. If it’s the latter then you’d be a lot more likely to get a precursor by throwing mixed weapons in. I assume if that was the case the community would have noticed the considerably higher drop rate, but as I’m not a fan of RNG gambling I never really looked into forging for precursors until today.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -