Question about Pristine Toxic Spore Sample

in Crafting

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

This may have been asked before, so excuse me for that, but is there any source to get these now (besides the tp)? Reason i’m asking is i’m working on a build and considering using the toxic buff consumables as it gives me some solid stats for the build i’m going for. However it dawned on me that these might keep climbing in price since the living story has come and gone, and that would be a real pain for a build. Surely they’ll introduce a source for these somehow (i mean why would they introduce the buffs if the mats for them just dry up). Anyways, thanks in advance.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Crafting

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

You can still find them to harvest in Kessex Hills and from toxic bosses in those areas. Toxic events are also still out there and in Queensdale.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Crafting

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

You can still find them to harvest in Kessex Hills and from toxic bosses in those areas. Toxic events are also still out there and in Queensdale.

i’m curious if they’ll still pop up in kessex hills after the current LS ends.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My guess is that the Toxic Bosses will be gone, the Toxic Offshoots may be gone (they might stay, but become very rare), but Toxic Seedlings will continue to appear rarely throughout the world, thus giving players a small but a steady supply into the future.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

it is my educated guess that everything will disappear except the seedlings.

well i guarantee the price is going to move with the spore samples, but the food is really expensive to make (3x peppercorn > average lvl 80 recipe price, and then there is still the other ingredients) so the supply might be quitte.. low.

have fun though, with what ever it is you are trying!

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

You can get 5 Pristine Spores by running the story instance for the tower destruction, and if you have an offensive spec’d character you can probably do a run in about 8-9 minutes. Just talk to Dee at the camp and choose the 3rd option to replay it.

If you know you’re going to need a lot of spores in the future, you might consider farming the story instance a bit while its still around, because its by far the best way to get spores. The Toxic Seedling patches only give you one spore per patch usually (unless you get lucky and get a multi-harvest of the one “good” spore in the patch), and even the Toxic Stalk events only give you 1 at the end (which sucks, they used to give 2-4). It’ll probably be removed with the next update, so you’ve still got a week and a half.