Question regarding LW Variety

in Crafting

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

Hello! I’m a low level leatherworker (my only craft atm) and so far I am enjoying crafting and discovery system despite what some naysayers are naysaying. To each their own!

My question is this, as I gain more levels in leatherworking and begin making new stuff, will I be discovering new skins different from what I’ve been seeing? I am only level 108 leatherworking. I am a level 45 engineer and I chose leatherworking because my playstyle revolves around aesthetics and collecting gear that I like the look of.

One of my few disappointments is the seemingly lack of variety in the medium armor I stumble upon out in the world. I’ve completed many zones, and loot many mobs and check all heart vendors and I’ve seen the same 3 or maybe four skins. When I look at what light and heavy armor these vendors have to armor, they are starting to become distinct and unique at mid-levels while the medium gear more or less looks the same.

I love the dungeon skins and some of the cultural armor, and I am not saying I dislike the medium armor I’ve seen so far, but I am just curious if any high level players in either profession or craft could tell me what to expect gear wise. Variety is the spice of life after all!

in Crafting

Branwin.4609

0 replies

I guess no one has leveled leatherworking. Oh well!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

As I’ve seen posted elsewhere in the forums:
http://imageshack.us/a/img713/4756/craftedarmorsv2.jpg

Be prepared for a lot of “sameness” in general from medium armour. :-/

Check the PvP locker-room if you want to see what other options you have.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Crafting

Branwin.4609

Pictures really are worth a thousand words! Thanks a bunch! I googled GW2 leatherworking and found few images, definitely not that one.

What exactly is the PvP locker-room? Is it website or in-game? I haven’t been able to find any PvP vendors but I also haven’t looked it up, I’ve been so deep in PvE stuff I have hardly touched PvP in the game.

in Crafting

Dark Saviour.9410

No problem.
As for the locker-room, Press H, select PvP (bottom icon on the left), then select “Go the Heart of the Mists”. When you’re there, look around and you’ll see some “PVP locker-room” cabinets. There, you can right-click and preview the different armour you are able to unlock.

in Crafting

Posted by: seithan.4823

seithan.4823

Dark Saviour, when you say “unlock” you are talking about pvp recipes – exclusivelly? Is there a way to craft different “cells” in pve?

Rig#1: i2500k@4Ghz/ 8GB Ram @ 1600/ Asus GTX580 CU
Rig#2: Core2duo@3Ghz/ 4GB DDR2/ 9800gtx+

in Crafting

Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour, when you say “unlock” you are talking about pvp recipes – exclusivelly? Is there a way to craft different “cells” in pve?

When you unlock them for PvP, it is only for PvP yes. But every item you see there is (AFAIK) available in some manner in PvE. Some of them are crafted, some are dropped skins, some are Personal Story reward skins, etc.