Quip, has anyone crafted it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

Title says it all. Has anyone crafted the legendary pistol Quip, knows what it looks like, and what particle effects it has? If the materials needed to craft the Gift of Quip are anything to go by, I feel that it’s effects are something along the lines of fake sound effects like the boxing gloves you can get from the gem store.

If anyone has any info or pictures on Quip I’d greatly appreciate it.

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Crafting

Jasmine Salina.3609

No one has seen Quip? Surely someone must’ve crafted it by now.

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Use this code to preview it ingame [&AgHldwAA] it will show particles/glows on the weapon, just not the attack animation.

in Crafting

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

I am going to guess that it is pink with a pretty purple ribbon and shoots pastel colored flying ponies at its target instead of bullets.

Someone please let me know if I am right when one gets made.

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Crafting

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

nope it shoots clown snot.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

Shoots rainbows, confetti and flowers. Party popper sound + rubber ducky squeel, it’s like a clown just came.

in Crafting

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

Does it glow maybe? Any other effect, aside from the sposedly obnoxious clown stuff?

in Crafting

Slic.2406

So, does it glow? Or is the only effect the random clown stuff when it shoots?

in Crafting

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

No glow, no other effect besides stuff coming out of the pistol when it’s shot; none of his skills changed animation. The owner was a thief and said he had to mute sound to demonstrate in LA.

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

no glow? but why?? :| so no particle effect?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sarcazar.6148

Sarcazar.6148

So I’m guessing any pistol users wanting to have something that basically screams awesomeness are kitten out of luck.

I doubt even most mesmers would be caught dead using this circus act.

I have a stupid handle, didn’t know what I was thinking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

So I’m guessing any pistol users wanting to have something that basically screams awesomeness are kitten out of luck.

I don’t know about you, but owning people in WvW with basically a plastic toy that shoots confetti is pretty awesome and hilarious. It’s great for Thieves and Engineers, not so much for Mesmers though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ravrohan.8231

Ravrohan.8231

I can see a mesmer using the Immobulous scepter and Quip and killing people like a psycho circus clown act from hell.

They would have to be a human in cultural T2 armor to make it complete.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sarcazar.6148

Sarcazar.6148

I don’t know about you, but owning people in WvW with basically a plastic toy that shoots confetti is pretty awesome and hilarious. It’s great for Thieves and Engineers, not so much for Mesmers though.

I really don’t get how you can see Thieves and Engineers would trade their dignity for that party favor yet you can’t see the class of illusions and tricks using that weapon, as embarrassing as it is for them.

I have a stupid handle, didn’t know what I was thinking.

in Crafting

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Congratulations on your appointment as ambassador for thieves and engineers everywhere.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

why is this the only comeback that exists for both the quip, and the dreamer? literally go search for teh shortbow version and u will find an almost identical retort to this. it is a very weak one at that.

in Crafting

penatbater.4710

I’m really kitten about this having no glow effect, kinda like the same for the Minstrel =/

in Crafting

Slic.2406

http://www.gw2db.com/items/66689-corrupted-revolver
http://www.gw2db.com/items/67124-ilya

I prefer the corrupted one, as I like the fact that it only starts glowing when I draw it. The whole flame-on thing.

Really too bad about the quip. If only it at least had a ridiculously bright glow. No glow AND annoying clown effect? No. Just no. And to top it all off, you’d have to spend 200g on the TP to get precursor, or spend god knows how many tries trying to get chaos gun.

in Crafting

Jasmine Salina.3609

Why do 90% of people think The Dreamer and Quip are the “omg troll weapons they’re so stupid and immature” state of mind? Personally, I like The Dreamer, and I may eventually go for one. Right now I’m just working on getting the materials to even make one, and all I asked was if someone had one, and what it looked like. If you want to be immature on this thread, take it else where please.

Back on topic, thank you to those who described what it did an gave a few pics.

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Crafting

penatbater.4710

personally, it’s the lack of glow that did it for me. It would be fine if along with party poppers, there will be small balloons all around your char popping every now and then, or party streamers falling down around you, or something. The dreamer is actually pretty nice imo. It’s not the “troll weapon” that gets me, it’s the somewhat lack of effort to make it legendary. From the other thread, I was like one poster upon seeing the minstrel “wow it looks so cool! oh wait… it’s on the left hand? :|”

in Crafting

Posted by: Voidspawn.1934

Voidspawn.1934

All of these effects sound nice, and that’s pretty much what I expected when I first saw the weapon, although a glow or a walking effect would be nice as well.

But you know what would be the best in my opinion? I was looking for the definition of the word Quip (I didn’t know what it meant, English is not my first language) and here’s what it said:

1. a clever or witty remark or comment.
2. a sharp, sarcastic remark; a cutting jest.

Wouldn’t it be great if the weapon actually talked every once in awhile and made witty remarks or sarcastic comments? I mean it has that head on it’s grip, maybe that head could talk :P I think it would be amazing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I really don’t get how you can see Thieves and Engineers would trade their dignity for that party favor yet you can’t see the class of illusions and tricks using that weapon, as embarrassing as it is for them.

I said I don’t see them using it because it’s an offhand weapon for them so they wouldn’t get the same amount of use from it compared to Thieves or Engineers. Sorry I didn’t explain myself further.

why is this the only comeback that exists for both the quip, and the dreamer? literally go search for teh shortbow version and u will find an almost identical retort to this. it is a very weak one at that.

Why do we need more reason than that? It’s a valid argument. If you don’t like the ironic look of the two weapons, then don’t get them? Also, who are you to judge the strength of our argument? I like it and so do many others, and that’s a valid enough reason.

There are plenty of other “mean looking” weapons out there that will suit your needs. Quip and Dreamer are not one of them.

(edited by Aristio.2784)

in Crafting

Posted by: lejean.9615

lejean.9615

in Crafting

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

Oh, I kind of like that! Poppers and colorful streamers both. Sure, it could glow, or leave footprints, but I think for weapons that can be used as offhands they left off the footprints to avoid clashing with the main hands.