Ranger Best 2 crafting skills?

in Crafting

Posted by: ChanceHDD.4196

ChanceHDD.4196

Hello I’m a level 28 ranger and I was wondering what 2 crafting skills should I train?

in Crafting

ChanceHDD.4196

Anyone know what I should do?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pugg.3852

Pugg.3852

I would lvl up a Huntsman and a Leatherworker. That would give you your weapons and your armor

in Crafting

ChanceHDD.4196

What happens if you change your crafting skills do you loose them?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pugg.3852

Pugg.3852

you do not loose your crafting skill you just will not be able to keep more the 2 crafting proffesions up at any one given time.

You can do all crafting prffesions on one toon but can only have 2 active at any one time. It will cost you a little coin to change proffesions and you will not be able to craft on any proffesion you do not have active but will not loose what you have already learned from that proffesion.

in Crafting

ChanceHDD.4196

Ok thanks so much

in Crafting

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

don’t know if the op is happy with his answers but i thought i’d add here (as an 80 ranger with 400 huntsman/leatherworking btw) that he might also consider weaponsmith instead of huntsman if he’s more focused on melee or also (because of the diversity of mats) get jewelcrafting or cooking.

i’m not saying, i’m just saying.

in Crafting

ChanceHDD.4196

Great Idea I might do Cooking or Jeweling than huntsman

in Crafting

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Becoming a weaponsmith and huntsman crafter on 1 toon can be advantageous since you can buy the rare inscriptions recipes once but they will unlock within both crafting professions.

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

in Crafting

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You have a few things to consider here. If you got huntsman and leatherworker then you are overlapping on fine crafting materials, which it’s hard enough trying to get enough FCM for one profession, much less two (Darn you chocolate and butter!). Although if you want a legendary then you would need these two to get a bow (not sure on the other melee ones)

I went with leatherworker and jewel crafter (as a ranger). I did this because I figured if I went with huntsman I would only be making one or two pieces of my equipment. However, with leatherworker I’m making at least 5 pieces of my equipment, add in jewel crafting and I’m making another 5 pieces of my equipment. Unfortunately with leatherworker I out leveled my craft so I ended up just using drops anyway.

I hope this helps, whatever you choose you can’t really go wrong (unless you pick armorsmithing and tailoring). But the great thing is it is easy to change!

RIP in peace Robert

in Crafting

ChanceHDD.4196

Yeah you make a good point I’m gonna go with leatherworking and jewel crafter. Now I just need a guide to follow.

in Crafting

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I’m currently doing Huntsman & Leatherworker, but you will need double the amount of materials. Both use fangs, claws, vial of bloods, etc. They also both use leather.

in Crafting

Posted by: SteveK.5827

SteveK.5827

I have 3 chars all different crafter but jeweller seems most productive as can benefit every class.
Seems that making armour is better than weapons, a weapons drops seem a little better to me than you can make.