Rare Crafting Materials with no Recipes

in Crafting

Posted by: redfenix.6380

redfenix.6380

So I personally love the crafting in game. I do leatherworking and huntsman, and discovery brings me endless hours of joy. Especially when I figured out how to make the different skinned items. However there is one thing that is driving me completely crazy.

What do I do with a Heart of Fire or a Heart of Darkness???

I found the recipes for the Godskull Weapons and they require a rare crafting that has a similar info box. I was assuming that they were used in recipes but I cannot use them in discovery mode and I have not found any recipes that involve them.

Upon searching the different sites I have discovered there are quite a few items just like this. If you know either where the recipes are or how to use them I would love to know.

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Next

Tooltips only report disciplines that the item can be used to DISCOVER recipes for, it does not report recipes that are unlocked through an item. So for instance, the Godskull recipes are all unlocked through a purchased item, so the skulls don’t report anything to the tooltip because they are only used for those recipes. Basically, just because a crafting material doesn’t list any disciplines in the tooltip, doesn’t mean it’s not used for anything. We did this for a few reasons, many because it allows us to have hidden unlockable recipes and because it actually reduced confusion a lot. We were finding that if we reported all recipes to the tooltip, even the ones that players couldn’t discover, it meant that players were spending a lot of time frustrated that they couldn’t figure out the ingredients for that last recipe or didn’t understand why it wasn’t showing up in the discovery pane.

Lead Designer – Living World

in Crafting

redfenix.6380

Okay that definitely makes a lot of sense and I can say that my discovery stress lvls agree with it lol.

So now the main question is where the heck are the recipes that use the hearts. I personally would imagine a Heart of Fire being used in something similar to a destroyer wep, and a Heart of Darkness for maybe shadow weps?? huh huh huh???? lol thanks for making such a time worthy in game ability, finding these recipes and mats are one of my favorite things to do. You guy/gals at Anet are the absolute best!!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: zao.2710

zao.2710

Hey redfenix, did you discover the recipes for godskull weapons in the discovery pane, or is a purchase of some specific recipe required?

Varg Defleshed the devout Necromancer | Desolation EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Vacus.7069

Vacus.7069

Grawl tribe karma vendors in the west side of Fireheart Rise sell the patterns for Godskull weaponry.

in Crafting

Posted by: zao.2710

zao.2710

Oh, great, thanks!
After reading the OP and follow-ups I understood that there are still some recipes that can be discovered by accident, using different items of uknown purpose. Recipes which are not listed anywhere on the net, and are not purchasable through vendors…is this correct?

Varg Defleshed the devout Necromancer | Desolation EU

in Crafting

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

Tooltips only report disciplines that the item can be used to DISCOVER recipes for, it does not report recipes that are unlocked through an item. So for instance, the Godskull recipes are all unlocked through a purchased item, so the skulls don’t report anything to the tooltip because they are only used for those recipes. Basically, just because a crafting material doesn’t list any disciplines in the tooltip, doesn’t mean it’s not used for anything. We did this for a few reasons, many because it allows us to have hidden unlockable recipes and because it actually reduced confusion a lot. We were finding that if we reported all recipes to the tooltip, even the ones that players couldn’t discover, it meant that players were spending a lot of time frustrated that they couldn’t figure out the ingredients for that last recipe or didn’t understand why it wasn’t showing up in the discovery pane.

The only major problem with it is that some people, myself included only see the “Trophy” part n instantly sell it. so at least add flavor text to them stating “Can be used for crafting”

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Yes, please mark them the way you mark the stuff we pick up for an event as “event item”. I’m wondering now if I destroyed or sold something I should have kept.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Crafting

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

As far as I know, you can’t vendor items that could be useful… the vendors won’t buy them.

in Crafting

redfenix.6380

you can vendor the hearts and tp them my main issue is that i cant find the recipes that use them. I did find a way to make beaded weps. one of the main components you get from a hylek karma merch

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I am not sure I am following this correctly. I was under the impression that trophy items that the vendors bulk buy as “Junk” are of no use in crafting, or anything else for that matter so I always sell them.

I have not discovered how to “re-skin” a crafted item other than transmutation stones, are there items that will go in that fourth unused slot in discovery?

Chest padding + Chest panel + Insignia gives you the try crafting this, can a fourth item be added? I never get anything else to even show up in discovery, but I have not tried trophies because I always flush them from my inventory.

Can you give a hint without spoiling?

in Crafting

redfenix.6380

Idk about the fourth slot in crafting discovery I’m still working on it, however the “junk” trophies are different than the trophies I am talking about. The Large Skull (yellow name) and the Heart of Fire/Darkness (green name) wont sell to vendors when you click sell junk you have to actually select them then hit sell. If you get one you’ll understand when you see it. The item description says trophy but it doesn’t act like one.

Just fyi I have also found a Giant Eye (yellow name) that seems to be the same type item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shanseala.6310

Shanseala.6310

If its grey, it is vendor trash by design. If it is white or above, it has some use somewhere.

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Can special skins only be crafted (via discovery) at max crafting level?

I see that Karma vendors sell recipes but since they are soul bound my attempt to use one failed and I have not gotten to try one yet. Are they just custom skins or do they also get some special attributes?

Thanks for any info.

in Crafting

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

Previous

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
this question was already answered by a staff member, so the thread will now be locked.